1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

International Wanted: 3rd Gen Wind/rain deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:34 AM

Wanted: 3rd Gen Wind/rain deflectors

Hi guys,

I am after a set of wind/rain deflectors for my 3rd gen Maxima. Like these....

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chris
Old 12-21-2015, 09:43 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

I can't quite tell from the picture - but are you looking for the kind specifically that attaches by the tabs inside the window channels?

I know you can still get (at least here) the aftermarket style that sticks on using double sided tape. I'm not sure if the in-channel ones were Nissan OEM or what.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I can't quite tell from the picture - but are you looking for the kind specifically that attaches by the tabs inside the window channels?

I know you can still get (at least here) the aftermarket style that sticks on using double sided tape. I'm not sure if the in-channel ones were Nissan OEM or what.
Hi. I'm interested in any type to be honest. I just can't seem to locate any in the UK at the minute. Any advice, or links, to point me in the right direction?
Old 12-24-2015, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Geordie
Hi. I'm interested in any type to be honest. I just can't seem to locate any in the UK at the minute. Any advice, or links, to point me in the right direction?
Sorry I'm late to reply to this, but if it helps any, the AVS (Lund International) brand part number for the 3rd gen is 94038. You can buy these from a number of U.S. vendors and I'm sure a lot of them will ship them your way. Or perhaps there's even a distributor over on your side of the pond who can order them directly. Just search for that part number online for dozens of vendors. It's even on eBay (at least the U.S. site).

And actually, it appears these MIGHT be the in-channel (no double sided tape) style. A lot of the vendor listings state that these use 3M double sided tape, but if you look it up directly on Lund's website, it states in-channel only on the description. I suspect these will be exactly like your picture above.

http://www.lundinternational.com/products#.VnwQN01zNrQ

I have in-channel ones on my Civic, and they are much more desirable than the double sided ones in my opinion. I say that because I can remove them anytime, if I want, with no tape residue to deal with:

Name:  2855B657-3461-488B-B46F-EED9D43B8A7F_zpsxvdiymuc.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  206.6 KB
Old 12-24-2015, 11:34 AM

Great information James, thanks. I've had a search about, and I can't seem to find any UK stockists, so it looks like I'll be ordering them from across the pond.

I agree that the in-channel ones are better. I have that type on my 530d....

Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Sorry I'm late to reply to this, but if it helps any, the AVS (Lund International) brand part number for the 3rd gen is 94038. You can buy these from a number of U.S. vendors and I'm sure a lot of them will ship them your way. Or perhaps there's even a distributor over on your side of the pond who can order them directly. Just search for that part number online for dozens of vendors. It's even on eBay (at least the U.S. site).

And actually, it appears these MIGHT be the in-channel (no double sided tape) style. A lot of the vendor listings state that these use 3M double sided tape, but if you look it up directly on Lund's website, it states in-channel only on the description. I suspect these will be exactly like your picture above.

http://www.lundinternational.com/products#.VnwQN01zNrQ

I have in-channel ones on my Civic, and they are much more desirable than the double sided ones in my opinion. I say that because I can remove them anytime, if I want, with no tape residue to deal with:

James, Just curious but how do the in channel visors install securely?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
James, Just curious but how do the in channel visors install securely?
On my Civic, they kind of wedge in with pressure. If you imagine the distance between the side mirror and the door B pillar area, the actual visor part is just a little bit longer than that distance. So once you get the visor in, since it's slightly too long, it kind of permanently keeps it under ever-so-slightly bowed tension if that makes sense.

It's oddly secure even with the windows all the way down. I'm not exactly sure how the Maxima ones work though.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:13 PM

I think i get the idea. Amazing how the hold up even in windy or bad weather conditions. I'd be curious if the maxima ones work the same. Ive always thought about a set but dont want to have to use the molding tape or have to rivit or screw in clips of any kind.