Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 12-26-2002, 07:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to starbrite996 Send a message via Yahoo to starbrite996
sound system

i've already replaced the 6 by 9's and i now i'm lookin to get a sub and a new head unit, would i have to replace the front speakers? and how much work would all of this be?
starbrite996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:49 PM   #2
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Points: 11,001, Level: 69 Points: 11,001, Level: 69 Points: 11,001, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to subs1000w
you dont have to replace them but if you want better sound you should,especialy considering you hear more from them than your rears and if your adding an aftermarket radio you should definitly bypass the bose amps and its not hard at all just run new speakerwire to all 4 speakers and hookit up the the aftermarket radios wiring harness or go all out and bu a 2 or 4 channel amp for the speaker and run the wire from the speakers directly to the amp that way you can have the speakers on highpass for the best clarity
subs1000w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to starbrite996 Send a message via Yahoo to starbrite996
i have an amp to go with it that's 220, should i go higher or would that just be stupid? and how high can i go without gettin another battery?
starbrite996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Send a message via AIM to mtcookson Send a message via MSN to mtcookson Send a message via Yahoo to mtcookson
you don't need to run new wires, just cut the two small wires that are going into the bose speaker. you will need to extend the wires a little bit by adding some but that's not that hard at all, way easier than running new wires.
mtcookson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 03:44 PM   #5
Soul Fly

REALLY - you have 4x6 in the front right? get infinity kappas for those...YOU CAN INSTALL them yourself. EASY!! there's nothing but screws holding the door panel in. get an audiobahn sub w/ rockford amp. Good prices for great products.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to maxdout92se
when i was having my 4 channel pioneer amp looked at, i bought a sony xplod 9?? 4 channel amp until i got it back and tha sound was beautiful....on top of that, my subs 760 watts were connected too and all this on an auotzone battery...lights didn't dim or anything....from what i've heard, just use a lil bigger gauge wire and you should be ok, but with 220, you're more than fine...no new/added battery needed!!
Old 01-04-2003, 04:03 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement