3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.
View Poll Results: Do you still floor it?
I floor it but not all the time
67.21%
I drive fast but not pedal to the medal fast
22.95%
I drive at cruising speed
4.92%
I drive like an old man
4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Do you still floor your 14-19yr old car?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM

Do you still floor your 14-19yr old car?

I am Just wondering if do you thrid gen owners still floor it in your third gen. If you do, aren't you afraid to blow a head gasket or problems and how often do you do it?. Well our cars aren't getting younger and i would like to know who still does it? I myself do it like once a month or so on a boring day cause it does feel good
Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

um, YEAH!!!! if I have get a problem, it would just be an excuse to do some upgrades
Old 08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Pretty much every time i drive it...
Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM

sorry but my option isnt there cuz i have dis bad habit of driving fast....thats why my license was suspended for 3 months cuz i got 4 tickets together

i dont really drive fast anymore cuz i m more mature now
Old 08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by burhangondal
sorry but my option isnt there cuz i have dis bad habit of driving fast....thats why my license was suspended for 3 months cuz i got 4 tickets together

i dont really drive fast anymore cuz i m more mature now
No street racing talk. period!

Keep it clean please.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 PM

lol alright....
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

what about the option for "heck yea! all the time!". all the poll choices there are either 'no' or 'maybe'..

that wouldn't be the choice for me anyways. my ideal choice would be "not usually, but every so often I just can't help myself"
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
what about the option for "heck yea! all the time!". all the poll choices there are either 'no' or 'maybe'..

that wouldn't be the choice for me anyways. my ideal choice would be "not usually, but every so often I just can't help myself"
but the thing is that no one floors it on every light or stop sign
Old 08-20-2008, 06:35 PM

Absolutely, especially with warpspeed now. But still very sensible (even after sp2 and other mods goes on).
Old 08-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yeah i just got the car from my "mature" cousin who didnt put it over 3 rpms unless someone had a gun to his head now that i have it i cant help but flooring it,,,, its an old car but she still runs alot better then the new kias and cheap hyundais (cheap not the good ones)

fatty
Old 08-20-2008, 07:46 PM

i still do it but just to hear my intake and exhaust other than that im not worried if it breaks down. thats why i have spare parts laying around. but for now i have to wake her up tomorrow morning after about a month of hibernation. but it still drives like a dream. can't get too use to my new toy gotta go back to the maxima to share the love.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 PM

pretty much every time I drive it...
Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 PM

you know whats fun do a burnout at a stoplight but watch the light as the other light turns yellow and your is about to turn green gun it

its a great way to practice launchin and oh yeah its legal

oh yeah and hankook ruulez
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by sleepyvg30e
you know whats fun do a burnout at a stoplight but watch the light as the other light turns yellow and your is about to turn green gun it

precisely where is that legal? pretty much any cop i've ever met will pull you for reckless driving if you spin tires on dry pavement. wet is understandable if you're like me and have crap alignment and bald tires (working on it....), so whenever i launch uphill in the rain i just have NO traction in 1st. I just let 'em spin through the whole gear so as to not roll back.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM

precisely where is that legal? pretty much any cop i've ever met will pull you for reckless driving if you spin tires on dry pavement. wet is understandable if you're like me and have crap alignment and bald tires (working on it....), so whenever i launch uphill in the rain i just have NO traction in 1st. I just let 'em spin through the whole gear so as to not roll back.
u let them spin in whole gear? that must be interesting for other drivers to see that lol
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM

dude if burnouts were illegal my *** would have been locked up a long time ago i do a burnout everytime someone turns my music off because a cop is at the intersction and they think we'll get "arrested" i have been tailed for a few miles but never pulled over
Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 PM

dude if burnouts were illegal my *** would have been locked up a long time ago i do a burnout everytime someone turns my music off because a cop is at the intersction and they think we'll get "arrested" i have been tailed for a few miles but never pulled over
I hate people that cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble.

You can get a ticket for having music on too loud, and you can get a ticket for doing a burnout [reckless driving]
Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I can has?

They're probably just dumbfounded by your audacity. I never do burnouts, but if the roads are desolate and it's night time and I'm trying to do a 0-60 test or something I'll brake launch for what it's worth (damn auto). Other than that, I probably floor it at least once every time I drive it. I like to know my performance is up to par and that my rough time estimates to get to a certain speed stay the same, I rarely beat on it though.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM

burnouts are illegal here in Texas (exhibition of speed)
Old 08-21-2008, 12:42 AM

Location: Long Beach, CA is where i live. Queens NYC is always home.
I floor mine form time to time. I took it to 138 mph here in CA. I`m more afraid of loosing control due to aerodynamics,slippery road or suspension/steering failure then blowing the motor/trans...lol
Old 08-21-2008, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gunther
I hate people that cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble.

You can get a ticket for having music on too loud, and you can get a ticket for doing a burnout [reckless driving]
I am so cheap that i can't see my tires wearing out ,not even a lil bit. That's the only reason i don't do burnouts.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:18 AM
don't even worry about it

No burnouts for me here, but during the morning rush hour (and to a lesser extent, the afternoon) you'd be hard pressed to try and merge/change lanes without getting into the higher RPMs. It's actually worse on the surface streets a lot of times than the beltway...no one wants to get stuck behind the damn bus!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 AM

i haven't pushed my SE yet to the limit, why bother???
Old 08-21-2008, 04:43 AM

I floor my car everyday, weather permitting. i have been pulled over for burn outs, luckly with out tickets. i dont do burn out now because tires are so expensive. but on a country road ill punch it just to see the old cars still got it! 208k and purring like it was new.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 AM
STFU n00b!

Take a dose of adrenaline and go for a REAL drive man....
Hell my car sees redline at least 5 times each way to work. 3 highway merges means at least 3 runs from a stop to 80+ to merge with traffic.

Cars were meant to be driven. don't be such a pansy.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by 92hoopty
yeah i just got the car from my "mature" cousin who didnt put it over 3 rpms unless someone had a gun to his head now that i have it i cant help but flooring it,,,, its an old car but she still runs alot better then the new kias and cheap hyundais (cheap not the good ones)

fatty
3k :eyepop: I'm keeping it under 2k. Gas ain't cheap and unemployment doesn't pay that well.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by burhangondal
u let them spin in whole gear? that must be interesting for other drivers to see that lol
meh it's either that or lifting in 1st (big ol' engine brake) and everyone sees the car thrash around (3 torn mounts.. refilling soon w/ poly). but basically I just shift into 2nd asap (shift-in RPM ends up being really low, like 1000ish, but at least then i can point my nose around a turn). and i had someone else try it to prove i wasn't just a 'stickshift n00b' and he couldn't launch it any better than i could but given that my front tires look like the following pic, i don't know how you can do much better.

still gotta do my LCA/tierods/BJs, get the last rim unbent, tire mounted, and aligned first... ugh. come on paycheck friday!!!! (next friday ftmfl)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by internetautomar
3k I'm keeping it under 2k. Gas ain't cheap and unemployment doesn't pay that well.
what're you doing in unemployment? ppl aren't buying enough parts from you?

hey everyone!!! buy some stuff from brian so he can afford to grow a pair and put the pedal to the carpet!!!

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 08-21-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: free fix on the smiley 4 u!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM

yep all the time

hey cape get your car alignment done damn
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM

I do some times. It all depends on my mood. Usually when something or someone on the road made me mad.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by vernk
yep all the time

hey cape get your car alignment done damn
that was the old left front tire on wingnut.... you remember what the tires looked like in feb when i bought it from you... that's what's left.
actually had to pull over and wait the rain out last night on my way home, because I could not keep the car between the lines even at 10-15mph UNDER...

our IT guy is a 25+ year mechanic and works at a shop nearby on weekends. He said he'll give me da hookupz, yo!

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 08-21-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah and then when someone is racing to beat the light and obliterates the side of your car (and your spine) you may understand how retarded that is.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
mod or sell?

what're you doing in unemployment? ppl aren't buying enough parts from you?

hey everyone!!! buy some stuff from brian so he can afford to grow a pair and put the pedal to the carpet!!!

the amount of money I have made off the org recently I can count in my head.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by internetautomar
the amount of money I have made off the org recently I can count in my head.
I just got a new job, so when I get some of my bills paid, I will need some stuff
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 PM

the only time burnouts are acceptable in chicago is during the puertorican day, mexican day etc parade.
other than that you do get a ticket stating display of horsepower crap.

and as for me...i floor her almost evryday of the week.
if you maintain your 3rd gen then it shouldnt give you any problems.
and if iirc i have'nt heard of a stock vg/ve blowing a h/g.

plus the main reasoni do it is if she does'nt perform well in the top end then somethings wrong.

other than that i love the sound, the response, the get up and go for an old car.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 PM

You can drive it any other way? I floor it all the time, love to hear that VG roar. (Seriously need a WSP Y)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 PM

With only a lil over 100k on my 91 se and a new ACT clutch.Once i break it in, and put this ball joint in tomorrow.Think Ill floor it when i have too!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

I cant really say I've floored it or pushed it to the limit... I just feel like thats really hurting it and wearing everything a lot faster. I always try to just relax and enjoy the ride
Old 08-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by Pearl93VE
+1.... that almost summed my driving styles up completely

I was being sarcastic
Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 PM

I floor my ve about once a week. I don't hammer it on a reg but I lean on it kinda hard cause of the high pitched whine that comes from my short ram. I had a vg w/ a 3A Racing daul ported muffler I didn't have to lean on that it always sounded like it was at the track running the 1/4.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you still floor your 14-19yr old car?