3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Maxima injectors question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 03:08 PM

Maxima injectors question

Hi all.
My '94 maxima has 2 dead injectors. And I had a crazy idea. Would Nissan Quest injectors fit? They look a bit different, but maybe they would fit in just fine? They are quite a bit cheaper than maxima injectors.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:43 PM

They are same cc but injector seals are different would require plenum rails and intake swap. Just get the right injectors.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:04 PM

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM

Check ebay. You can find some descent prices on injector sets. I went with a set of 6 and just did them all at the same time.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
Check ebay. You can find some descent prices on injector sets. I went with a set of 6 and just did them all at the same time.
Have you replaced them with maxima ones?
Old 05-29-2016, 06:29 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

At the risk of throwing a monkey wrench into conventional thinking -

I bought a set of 6 Chinese injectors from eBay for under $70 shipped a few months ago. They came in totally plain white boxes direct from China and actually shockingly work perfectly fine
Old 05-29-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by serafanas
Have you replaced them with maxima ones?
Yes they were JECS injectors which are oem. 93-94 are the oval style and 89-92 are the square style.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE

I bought a set of 6 Chinese injectors from eBay for under $70 shipped a few months ago. They came in totally plain white boxes direct from China and actually shockingly work perfectly fine
Good to know James. I was actually pretty curious about those ones but i guess i just wasn't brave enough to try em. If they continue to work well maybe i'll go that route next time considering theyre very affordable. Hope they hold up well for years to come.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 AM

Good to know James. I was actually pretty curious about those ones but i guess i just wasn't brave enough to try em. If they continue to work well maybe i'll go that route next time considering theyre very affordable. Hope they hold up well for years to come.
Dang, now they're even cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6x-Fuel-...gAAOSwSHZWcqVS

Anyway, I was battling that stalling issue and even though I already had new injectors (Airtex units from Rock Auto), I was running out of ideas and decided to just swap the injectors to some used ones. Then I remembered I didn't have an extra set of used ones and didn't feel like battling to pull junkyard units which have about a 50% break-into-pieces-as-you-try-to-pull them rate.

I decided to search eBay for some cheap used ones and stumbled across these Chinese ones and thought what the heck. When they first arrived I ohm tested all of them and they all tested out perfectly. Popped them in and they run perfectly fine. AFR is perfect too. Granted, I only put about 500 miles on them and now my 740's will be going in permanently but man, for $60 bucks for all 6 I certainly can't complain.

Of course, in hindsight that was a wasted purchase anyway because the stalling turned out to be CTS/harness. But it was at least a successful eBay Chinese injector gamble. Although I definitely wouldn't trust any of these for any non-stock purposes (i.e., don't get any large CC Chinese injectors for boost purposes).
Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 PM

Unfortunately my maxima is from EU and my injectors are the square ones even though it's a '94 car. Can I just swap in newer injectors and change the injector wiring?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

....for now

Unfortunately my maxima is from EU and my injectors are the square ones even though it's a '94 car. Can I just swap in newer injectors and change the injector wiring?
yes...if you make sure the wiring is correctly done.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 AM

They will fit perfectly to my older style rails? Or are they the same, just different injectors?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 PM

They will fit perfectly to my older style rails? Or are they the same, just different injectors?
If the 94 in EU have the square top chances are they're like the 89-92's in North America so if thats the case you can swap in the oval style injectors but you'll have to swap the fuel rail and lower intake plate. Maybe you can get those from a U.S member if thats something you want to go through with. I did. I have a 92 that had the square top and went to the oval style. Also you'll need the oval style connectors with pigtails which are much better with the squeese tabs vs. The square top connectors that have the rubber bulbs that crack and dry rot allowing moisture in that causes corrosion and having to deal with the metal retaining clips that can easily get lost unless your careful removing them or use a magnet when you do. You'll also need to make sure your using the oval top injectors from the 93-94 to make sure you have the proper flow rate. The 95+ will fit fine too but have a higher flow rate and may cause misfires without a proper tune.

Last edited by ac max 92; 05-31-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Anyway, I was battling that stalling issue and even though I already had new injectors (Airtex units from Rock Auto), I was running out of ideas and decided to just swap the injectors to some used ones. Then I remembered I didn't have an extra set of used ones and didn't feel like battling to pull junkyard units which have about a 50% break-into-pieces-as-you-try-to-pull them rate.

I decided to search eBay for some cheap used ones and stumbled across these Chinese ones and thought what the heck. When they first arrived I ohm tested all of them and they all tested out perfectly. Popped them in and they run perfectly fine. AFR is perfect too. Granted, I only put about 500 miles on them and now my 740's will be going in permanently but man, for $60 bucks for all 6 I certainly can't complain.

Of course, in hindsight that was a wasted purchase anyway because the stalling turned out to be CTS/harness. But it was at least a successful eBay Chinese injector gamble. Although I definitely wouldn't trust any of these for any non-stock purposes (i.e., don't get any large CC Chinese injectors for boost purposes).
Thinking about getting a set? How are they holding up?
Old 08-03-2016, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by imported_Nismo_max
Thinking about getting a set? How are they holding up?
I haven't been driving the car lately - it's just been in the garage on the trickle charger most of the summer, so I don't have many miles on them since my post about them, but I have had zero issues with them to date.

I would be very surprised if they ever gave me any issues. Although later this year they're going to be removed permanently. After my final emissions test in December I never have to do emissions again and my 740cc injectors and turbo setup is going in permanently and all emissions crap being forever removed. So I really only need a few more months out of these injectors anyway.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:57 PM

I haven't been driving the car lately - it's just been in the garage on the trickle charger most of the summer, so I don't have many miles on them since my post about them, but I have had zero issues with them to date.

I would be very surprised if they ever gave me any issues. Although later this year they're going to be removed permanently. After my final emissions test in December I never have to do emissions again and my 740cc injectors and turbo setup is going in permanently and all emissions crap being forever removed. So I really only need a few more months out of these injectors anyway.

From the ebay link you provided does those injectors come with both o-rings also?
Old 08-04-2016, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by imported_Nismo_max
From the ebay link you provided does those injectors come with both o-rings also?
Mine did, yes
Old 09-21-2016, 07:56 PM

just my 2 cents and experience . I one a 90 max se and had 2 injectors go out on me at different times so I ordered my injectors from rockauto.com (one at a time since I do my own work and don't mind the work. if you take your car to the shop buy all 6 at once) for 56$+ shipping (about 5 shipping). they shift fast got it less then a week and like that they have pictures of the part for reference and you can cross reference parts too. all the times I ordered parts from them I haven't gotten any wrong part. if you ain't in a rush to fix the car rockauto.com is the place to get your parts . hint if you doubt the parts cross reference the part numbers from your auto parts (Napa /AutoZone/ O'Reillys) and you will find out that they are the same part numbers just rebranded and for double the price to cover "lifetime warranty" ....
Old 02-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Necro

Necro - I'm going in boys. $56 injectors here we come. James if you're still around how long did the shipping actually take and how are the injectors holding up? Hopefully it's not the full 3 weeks they quoted.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:27 AM

I have a full rail of almost new oval top injectors for the 94 max. If the cheap Chinese ones don't work out and your need of a complete rail of oem JECS let me know as I still have em.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:29 PM

I have a full rail of almost new oval top injectors for the 94 max. If the cheap Chinese ones don't work out and your need of a complete rail of oem JECS let me know as I still have em.
PM me - I might be interested. How new is almost new?