3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What's your New year plans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:49 AM

What's your New year plans?

Hey guys it's been awhile. Glad to see 3rd gen forum is still active. So what's your plans this year?

New turbo coming soon.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:55 PM

Dyno my car and break records.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:07 PM

Fix my other Max.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM

My new years plans are to get a new hood, replace the upper radiator support, new seats, new dashboard, fix my right highbeam, get rid of airbag light, replace broken exhaust, fix fuel leaks, and swap on rear discs from se (previous owner didnt take care of the car at all)
Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

oil change
Old 01-11-2017, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by akurtzer57
Dyno my car and break records.
cant wait to see your results
Old 01-11-2017, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by That_93maxima
My new years plans are to get a new hood, replace the upper radiator support, new seats, new dashboard, fix my right highbeam, get rid of airbag light, replace broken exhaust, fix fuel leaks, and swap on rear discs from se (previous owner didnt take care of the car at all)
holy crap he sure didn't take care of it. Sound like my situation when I bought my. Have fun.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
oil change
Lmaoooooo
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Drive my blue VE for the first time since May 15th, 2016 lol
Old 01-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Drive my blue VE for the first time since May 15th, 2016 lol
Since may? Im trying to recall..did you have a stalling issue with it aswell? By the way how's that blue candy coating holding up? Lol.

Last edited by ac max 92; 01-12-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Install chrome LED Maxima door sills with a little modding and install phenolic tb spacers and repaint my back bumper (no damage just bubbling) and ofcoarse like DanNY stated an oil change after storing for the winter.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by ac max 92
Since may? Im trying to recall..did you have a stalling issue with it aswell? By the way how's that blue candy coating holding up? Lol.
Yes it did develop a stalling issue. Very annoying and demoralizing seeing as I sold off my old black VE (not the one in my sig - still have the one in my sig) after unsuccessfully chasing a bucking/stalling issue on it for a couple of years.

Literally, I sold off the troubled black VE and the next week my blue VE started stalling. Talk about cursed man.

Thankfully I did figure out why the blue one was stalling. It was the freaking coolant temp sensor connector. It was all corroded up with the green crap. I cut it off and soldered on a clean/good/spare connector and problem cured. It's amazing the havoc coolant temp sensor problems can wreak on a VE.

The only reason I haven't driven it since then is because I mainly just parked it in the garage for the summer - no tint on the car, and also didn't want the Dip to be exposed to sun all summer. So I parked it in the garage for what I thought would just be a month or two.

BUT - then my brother needed my lift for his turbo V8 S2K project. So he brought his S2K over "for a few days" and I put my blue VE in his garage. Well a "few days" now has been months with his S2K occupying my garage

The S2K should be running in a few days though, so hopefully by the end of the month I can get my car back in the garage and turbo and whatnot back on.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 AM

this new year id really like to escape from sink-attle WA.before the big thang happens and resets their little expensive universe
I swear this is volcanic ash/lava material,its got a vent tube on 1 side,a pumice/coral side with black to grey to tan coloration,and 2 flat grey porous sides that look like a clean break from a flow-cool-re push of more flow,my shovel aint shaped like that,this was found after filling back in a cat grave i dug for a friend on their property(its legal here)
at that time i was mineral-gem-precious metal blind and illiterate,only as an after thought while having a smoke by the grave and seeing bits glisten on the mixed dirt,did i start looking at all the tiny stone embeded clay chunks and reading up on rock/mineral/metal indicators
raw gems are hard to identify,no yellow metal yet but I unknowingly missed a chance to dig that extra foot or two to see if the lunkers are down there,
so far i either got silicates or maybe olivine-(im not a home or land owner so its not priority to clean and test samples or pay for analysis or certifacation BUT the real question is why would lava/ash be 2-3 feet deep in lake city seattle(victory heights)and what are these tiny shiney gems?,they aint broken indian bottles,lol theywouldnt do that on their sacred springs-creeks-valleys by the great lake wa.lands
Attached Thumbnails What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-idk-2-smooth-break-sides-4-feet-deep-lake-city-250-ft-abv-sea-lvl.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-idk-poreous-coral-fossil-like-side-4-feet-deep-lake-city-250-ft-abv-sea-lvl.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-idk-vent-tube-hole-side-4-feet-deep-lake-city-250-ft-abv-sea-lvl.jpg   What's your New year plans?-host-clay-gem-zoom.jpg   What's your New year plans?-host-clay-rock-gem-zoom.jpg  

What's your New year plans?-host-rock-lrg-size-dark-white-stripe-tops-red-greenblue.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-loupe-zoom-even-shows-tan-grey-moar-puimce-side-angle-pic.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-loupe-zoom-big-flat-side-shows-pores.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-loupe-zoom-moar-puimce-side-angle-pic.j.jpg   What's your New year plans?-ash-lava-zoom-loupe-vent-tube-hole-face-side.jpg  

What's your New year plans?-loupe-zoom-whitesh-clay-imbeds-others-reddish-clay-imbeds-coated-rocks.jpg  

Last edited by maximagician; 01-28-2017 at 03:53 AM.