3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Auto VE transmission mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Auto VE transmission mount

I'm having a hard time finding the trans mounts for my auto VE. The factory service manual list them at "LH rear eng mount" and "RH rear eng slinger"

Autozone website list one trans mount for an automatic and it's listed for $145

Have you ever brought the two trans mount for your auto VE?
Old 01-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

After 20yrs of ownership, I kinda expected my 93 to turn into an exotic model car where uncommonly used parts are no longer available.

I just check Courtesy Nissan website and all transmission mounts appeared to be discontinued. The only mounts that appears to be available are the more commonly used front and rear engine mounts
Old 01-20-2017, 06:33 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Rock Auto shows four different brands as far as auto transmission mounts. Not sure if they're all the same mount though. Did you check there?

Also - mounts are something I really would never worry about being obsolete. Just fill your original ones. Easy. It's the other obsolete rubber stuff (seals/gaskets) etc. that are the worry as far as keeping these cars on the road going forward.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks like Rockauto had my two trans mounts. I order the mounts plus the manifold and plenum gasket. Suppose to be delivered before end of this week.