Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 12-16-2002, 05:34 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Krash513
What does the fuel pump relay look like?

Im trying to find the fuel pump relay behind the drivers side kick panel. I know the color wires i need and i think i see them but i just want to make sure. Its a black circular cylinder with 12v and a number on it. Can Anyone help me???

Thanks
Brett
Old 12-16-2002, 06:10 PM   #2
My other car is a Hybrid

Points: 16,314, Level: 81 Points: 16,314, Level: 81 Points: 16,314, Level: 81
Activity: 1.5%
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

You need to remove the larger plastic piece/panel just left of the dead pedal... It is mounted on the left side of the rectangular hole. There are 2 relays with a 10mm bolt holding it. One of them is the FP relay.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Chunger
You need to remove the larger plastic piece/panel just left of the dead pedal... It is mounted on the left side of the rectangular hole. There are 2 relays with a 10mm bolt holding it. One of them is the FP relay.
Ok the pain in the a$$ part is done, its all wired up and the wires are hidden, i started the car (thank god!) and now how long would it run at idle before it would die if the switch was off?
Old 12-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #4

Points: 9,306, Level: 64 Points: 9,306, Level: 64 Points: 9,306, Level: 64
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally posted by Krash513

Ok the pain in the a$$ part is done, its all wired up and the wires are hidden, i started the car (thank god!) and now how long would it run at idle before it would die if the switch was off?
Probably for less than 15 seconds or so. But why don't you just try it? It would be nice to know, and you won't hurt anything.

I've seen your many posts about this. I was wondering if there was a reason you didn't just wire a switch inline with the fuse rather than the relay. The only reason I could think is difficulty to find, but I really don't think it would be an issue. In any case, good job on the mod.
jargoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by jargoone

Probably for less than 15 seconds or so. But why don't you just try it? It would be nice to know, and you won't hurt anything.

I've seen your many posts about this. I was wondering if there was a reason you didn't just wire a switch inline with the fuse rather than the relay. The only reason I could think is difficulty to find, but I really don't think it would be an issue. In any case, good job on the mod.
Well i chose the relay cause it was easier to find the right wire. You were right, about 15 seconds and she died, but now my power seat wont work.... hmmm so i guess ill play around tomorrow and see what i did.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement