Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 04-26-2004, 07:01 PM   #1

How much does it cost to replace O2 sensor??

I took my car to a place in town and they wanted $250 total parts/labor to replace my front O2 sensor. That sounded outrageous to me so I said I'll take my business somewhere else.

How much does it usually cost to replace this? I now know I don't want to do it myself because I found out you need an O2 tool to get it out, wait a week for the sensor, and it's just too long for me.
mdwst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #2

I paid $120 (CAN.) for the rear O2 sensor for my 97. They wanted to charge me an hour worth of labour to unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.... yeah, I don't think so.
It's really simple to do. Yes you can use the O2 sensor tool but it's not manditory. I used a crescent wrench to get it out. Everything worked out for me. Good luck!
_ck69_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to eckohb
thats how much it normally would cost. it would only cost you the part (80 bucks or so), and maybe half hour of your time (depending on your knowledge) to do it yourself. thats what i did with all my o2 sensors.
95 5 Speed Granite Pearl on Black SE...Short Ram Intake - Budget Y Pipe- Custom Exhaust - 5th Gen Clutch/Pressure Plate - SS Clutch Line - SRE Short Shifter - AE Shift Knob - Customized Shift Boot and E-Brake Boot - 7000k Helios HIDs - Yokohama A550V Tires - Weight Reduction
eckohb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
THT
Throbbing member

Send a message via AIM to THT
Firestone here wanted $200 for the part plus installation. You can buy the sensor for about $60 shipped from www.buyoxygensensors.com and install it yourself. Just spray it with WD40 the night before and you'll be fine. Heck, you can even go to Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts and rent the sensor removal tool (ratchet attachment) for nothing.

~THT
THT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement