4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

no good mechanics or bad install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:30 AM

no good mechanics or bad install?

i just got my car out the shop 8/6/05 and noticed afew things wrong that i didn't have before and i'm considering killing the mechanic. j/k

things they worked on : transmission,axles,wheelbearings

problems
--------------
1. trying to start the car.
i have a voltage guage and the first thing i noticed is that it used to stay at 14 now its on 11 even after i run the car for awhile it won't go back up to 14 volts, so i don't know if it is from sitting for that month or if i need a new battery. i used to just get in and it starts right away but now i have to crank and hold it for like 8 seconds twice before it gives a sign of starting the mechanic said i might need a new starter. i don't need a stanking new starter this never happened till you guys worked on my car. and if i do get it to start a big puff of smoke comes out of the muffler another thing that never happened before.

2.my car used to shift smooooth in every gear awww man i loved it, but now 1st and 2nd gear is hard to get into as if its grinding alittle. and when i shift from those gears and let off the clutch the clutch makes a noise and jerks the car alittle.i think they messed up my clutch man.from 2nd to 3rd is probably everyones sweet shift but even that is giving me problems when i release the clutch it jerks the car no matter how slow or fast i let off the clutch after i shift. when i put it in reverse and give it gas i hear a clanking sound every time i step on the gas. i don't even like to drive the car anymore.

i don't know if they are trying to sabotage my car to make me spend more money for more repairs but like i said before i liked the ride before it went to that shop (with the exception of the wheel bearing and axles)

problem 1: is it something that they forgot to hook up that is making it not wanna start? like a ground or maybe they damaged the maf? and why now am i getting smoke out of the exhaust?

problem 2:do they just have to adjust something in the clutch and tranny to get it smooth again or did i get a bad tranny and they messed up my clutch?

i was thinking about selling the auto but now see how two cars might be a good thing to have.anyway can you guys give me ideas to take back to the mechanic to have him look over thanks for any and all info.

oh yeah let me tell you guys what the owner tried to do. i told him that my ac wasn't getting cool and can he take a look at it and get back to me. i come back the next day and he is now saying i owe him $100 for the amount of freon he put in my car. does he really need $100 dollars worth of freon to test and see that i have a leak which will leak out the freon in a day or two anyway.