Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #1

heater blows cold at idle

Hey there, that is pretty much the symptoms, if I go and warm up the car in the morning, it doesn't matter the engine temperature, it can be completely at operating temp and it still blows cold, until I bring up the rpms to about 1500 or just start driving. When I am driving it is fine and blows warm, but when I stop at lights it blows cold again
Let me know what you think
thanks
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #2

Points: 9,137, Level: 64 Points: 9,137, Level: 64 Points: 9,137, Level: 64
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
prestone flush. prob clogged as hell and no coolant is getting through until the higher rpms push it through. better do it now before it becomes a blockage and a flush is no longer an option.
2da mizzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
sky jumper

1) start by verifying that the heater core valve is opening. if it opens then

2) purge any air from the system...
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...2&postcount=14

3) if that doesn't work you probably have a clogged heater core and a "standard" chemical flush (just pouring stuff into the radiator) probably will not fix it...
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...6&postcount=44

before you tear out the heater core though, your could try to open the heater core lines and attempt to directly force flush it with a high concentration of the flushing chemicals. it might work, but I think your chances are low.

whatever you do, follow this advice (esp coolant type and purging air) ...
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=45
Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement