4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Official 00VI thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by aackshun
I haven't responded because I realized I set my expectation levels too high. I expected a mature debate. Care to step up to that level?

First, you insinuated that I don't know what I'm talking about. So, if you wanted to continue this debate, answer me this:

I said that the 4th gen maxima is lighter than the 3rd gen maxima. Am I right?
I said that the VQ35DE is lighter than the VQ30DE. Am I right?

Second, rather than prove me wrong, you chose the childish game of moving the goalposts, going onto midrange rpm questions etc.

If we're going to debate, let's do it respectfully. If you don't hear from me again it will be because I will not be jumping into the sandbox. Waste of my time.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
I haven't responded because I realized I set my expectation levels too high. I expected a mature debate. Care to step up to that level?

First, you insinuated that I don't know what I'm talking about. So, if you wanted to continue this debate, answer me this:

I said that the 4th gen maxima is lighter than the 3rd gen maxima. Am I right?
I said that the VQ35DE is lighter than the VQ30DE. Am I right?

Second, rather than prove me wrong, you chose the childish game of moving the goalposts, going onto midrange rpm questions etc.

If we're going to debate, let's do it respectfully. If you don't hear from me again it will be because I will not be jumping into the sandbox. Waste of my time.
With people who know what they're talking about sure.

But you seem to be the average .orger who thinks they know more than they really do, and have the gall to really tell me what to do, especially when I've done these things already

You have immediately discredited yourself just by being, what they call on facebook..... a "Bench Mechanic" (Can't say the real word on here)

You're the perfect person to get into a discussion with because you represent the masses of users on here, "Bench Mechanics"

So if you want to swallow your pride for a minute and get the opportunity of free knowledge, this is your last chance.

You have a thesis, or what you will call it for me, I am in the process of shooting it down, it may feel personal, but it's not, your thinking is about what 90% of the 3.0 modders are thinking also, I'm trying to revolutionize here (Not saying everyone should do exactly what I did, but I am saying you should at least know what you're building, why, limitations and how to improve it), so progress can be made.

Long story short, if I don't make things childish, I feel like I'll go right over everyone's head

Last edited by aackshun; 09-19-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:42 AM

.....and the goalposts have shifted again. My last chance huh? Well I guess that opportunity's gone
Old 09-20-2014, 12:37 PM

You can take a horse to water....
Old 09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by Maximeltman
^CLEAN right there! I like the thermometer integrated into the upper rad hose, any reason you did that?
Name:  IMG_0549_zpscc4bd76b.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  53.1 KB
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM

That red LED is a shift light? Either way, that's beatiful the way you integrated aftermarket with OEM.

Originally Posted by JSutter
Old 09-23-2014, 06:11 AM

^Nice did it come with the temp control panel or is that custom? Pretty dope.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

When I had an MEVI I wired the RPM switch to the original security LED. I sold it with the MEVI so I used a 5th gen clock I had laying around. I wired the security LED to the VI activation from the Summit RPM switch. I sanded and polished off the "SECURITY" writing. The clock does not fit the original holes, but it was not much to fit and wire it.

My security light has been turned into an actual deterrent.... 6 of them between the speedo and tach. They are super bright and highly noticeable now.

The DIN gauge panel is something I picked up to go with the gauges. The panel that comes with the gauges is just to mount them to a flat surface, like the bottom of a dash in some cars. The gauges, though cheap, have let me know when something is failing. When both of my rad fans failed, the Sunpros temps climbed like a rocket while the factory gauge did nothing. I also had my alternator fail and the volt gauge told me something was up well before the brake and battery light came on.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

00vi swap

Hello everyone I am think about do 00vi swap on my 4gen but I am not to sure how to do it. I have read alot of threads but they all are not complete. Does any have the step by step or a video on how to do it. Please I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by VqDanny97GLE
Hello everyone I am think about do 00vi swap on my 4gen but I am not to sure how to do it. I have read alot of threads but they all are not complete. Does any have the step by step or a video on how to do it. Please I would really appreciate it. Thanks
There is more than enough info out there on this forum to complete an 00vi swap successfully with no prior knowledge whatsoever. Its arguably one of the most thoroughly covered topics on the 4th gen forums. If you feel that the info is not sufficient, then you are not qualified to be attempting it. Youll only end up with a car that doesnt run and a huge headache.

I dont mean this in an insulting way so please dont take it personal. Im just trying to convey that if you are going to be doing the work yourself, you will need to have done your homework first.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:36 PM

I have been toying with this idea for months now and have decided to go ahead and do it.

After reading as much as I can about this mod from several sources over the months, it actually seems to me a no brainer and a good first step for those who are just beginning to boost their 4th gens. This is supposed to give anywhere from 20 to 40 Hp gain...with minor modification.

However, I am still not sure what major differences there are between this 00VI swap and an MEVI swap.
Can you tell me please, if you can? Other than one is US and the other 'foreign'.
And what about a VAFC? If I am going to do this, I have chosen to go with the Apexi VAFC II.
Is it necessary to have a programmable system like this to run a variable intake? or can it just be dyno tuned?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:14 AM

No one? Anyone?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:21 PM

Mevi = hard to find
00vi = easy to find

I have a VafcII and 00vi parts sitting in storage. Im in Central valley, send me PM if interested.

Also, you will not pass SMOG in california with 00vi. Visual inspection. Goodluck