4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

JDM a32 (cefiro) wiring diagram - heater a/c control panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

JDM a32 (cefiro) wiring diagram - heater a/c control panel

HELP! Bought an a32 cefiro jdm and heater panel doesn’t work, have bought replacement heater panel from wrecker and had that wired in, still nothing except an occasional flicker on the position and re-circ buttons when I’m in park. My auto sparky mate has checked the system over briefly (fuses are fine) and told me to plug panel into another car to test, or get new body loom. So my main question is does anybody have a wiring diagram for the heater a/c controls and anything surrounding that I can give him to work with (and save me money!). It’s really bugging me. And yes I have browsed the forum for it and couldn’t find what I was after.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jim298
HELP! Bought an a32 cefiro jdm and heater panel doesn’t work, have bought replacement heater panel from wrecker and had that wired in, still nothing except an occasional flicker on the position and re-circ buttons when I’m in park. My auto sparky mate has checked the system over briefly (fuses are fine) and told me to plug panel into another car to test, or get new body loom. So my main question is does anybody have a wiring diagram for the heater a/c controls and anything surrounding that I can give him to work with (and save me money!). It’s really bugging me. And yes I have browsed the forum for it and couldn’t find what I was after.
Look in the EC or EL portions of the FSM. You can find free download links through Google. I hope youre not trying to go from manual to automatic controls or automatic to manual. You shouldn't of had to rewire anything if you got the right panel
Old 08-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Violator
Look in the EC or EL portions of the FSM. You can find free download links through Google. I hope youre not trying to go from manual to automatic controls or automatic to manual. You shouldn't of had to rewire anything if you got the right panel
. I’ve trawled google for hours and every link wants me to sign up and give credit card info. And no not going from auto to manual and vice versa, the previous owner had done a botched repair with a PFL heater panel, so I found facelift one and got it wired in. So now that there’s still no function on it I need a wiring diagram to see if the wires have been botched.

Last edited by Jim298; 08-16-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Realised something haha
Old 08-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My mate tested all appropriate fuses and narrowed it down to either the loom or the heater panel, I was assured by the wrecker heater was good. So my next point of thinking is wires are not in correct order and they guy I got to wire them in has just followed what was there (previous botched job) and possibly shorted the new panel. Is there a common fault with the heater control panels that makes them not go? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

also, when I first went to look at heater panel and why it wasn’t going, the plugs had been cut and replaced with the older style ones. Hence why I’ve gotten the correct panel and plugs and wired in etc. I hope that makes sense!

Last edited by Jim298; 08-16-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:46 AM

This is in another users' signature block:

Download the Field Service Manual (FSM) from the following link.
http://www.boredmder.com/FSMs/

I’ve trawled google for hours and every link wants me to sign up and give credit card info.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 AM

Here in the United States, we do not have access to the Cefiro wiring diagrams, so I can't be certain if our cars are the same.

I believe the the Cefiro is more similar to our Infiniti than the Maxima, but the heater controls are the same for our 2 models. There are 2 styles of heater controls for the Maxima. A manual style that uses a slide levers for temperature setting. The other style we call auto controls and it uses a digital display. I think out Infiniti only uses the auto type os controls.

On the auto controls, the 1995 through 1997 models use a different panel than the 1998 and 1999 models. The look almost identical (the 1998/1999 panel has one additional button) and will plug into the other version. But the 2 panels are not interchangeable - the electrical signals are on different pins in the connectors and will not work.

If you want to look at the wiring diagrams for the U.S. cars, go to http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/ for the Maxima and http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/I30/ for the Infiniti.

The heater controls are in the HA section. For example, the 1998 Infiniti i30 starts on page 55 ( http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/I30/1998/HA.pdf ). The wiring diagram starts on page 57 and a drawing of the control panel is on page 77.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Here in the United States, we do not have access to the Cefiro wiring diagrams, so I can't be certain if our cars are the same.

I believe the the Cefiro is more similar to our Infiniti than the Maxima, but the heater controls are the same for our 2 models. There are 2 styles of heater controls for the Maxima. A manual style that uses a slide levers for temperature setting. The other style we call auto controls and it uses a digital display. I think out Infiniti only uses the auto type os controls.

On the auto controls, the 1995 through 1997 models use a different panel than the 1998 and 1999 models. The look almost identical (the 1998/1999 panel has one additional button) and will plug into the other version. But the 2 panels are not interchangeable - the electrical signals are on different pins in the connectors and will not work.

If you want to look at the wiring diagrams for the U.S. cars, go to http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/ for the Maxima and http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/I30/ for the Infiniti.

The heater controls are in the HA section. For example, the 1998 Infiniti i30 starts on page 55 ( http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/I30/1998/HA.pdf ). The wiring diagram starts on page 57 and a drawing of the control panel is on page 77.

ok I’ll pass on the Infiniti diagram to my friend and see what he thinks. Yea so when getting the correct Panel I made sure it was from the same year and model so nothing could go wrong. It’s weird i can’t find anything related to the cefiro at all. But I’m saying that the cefiro is a Japanese import and the maxima was released here as “New Zealand new” and they have the manual control.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:02 PM

ok I’ll pass on the Infiniti diagram to my friend and see what he thinks. Yea so when getting the correct Panel I made sure it was from the same year and model so nothing could go wrong. It’s weird i can’t find anything related to the cefiro at all. But I’m saying that the cefiro is a Japanese import and the maxima was released here as “New Zealand new” and they have the manual control.
Im from NZ. Both the NZ assembled SE and SEL have the auto controls, whereas the lower trim spec S and SL have the manual controls. I cant say for sure that the auto controls are interchangeable between the A32 Cefiro/Maxima, but they were for the previous 3rd gen J30 NZ assembled and Japanese import Maxima, as I installed an import one into my Maxima when I had it. Possibly an NZ A32 Maxima wiring diagram could be of some help. Such a shame someone has buggered round with the wiring and removed the original plugs.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by stevesmax
Im from NZ. Both the NZ assembled SE and SEL have the auto controls, whereas the lower trim spec S and SL have the manual controls. I cant say for sure that the auto controls are interchangeable between the A32 Cefiro/Maxima, but they were for the previous 3rd gen J30 NZ assembled and Japanese import Maxima, as I installed an import one into my Maxima when I had it. Possibly an NZ A32 Maxima wiring diagram could be of some help. Such a shame someone has buggered round with the wiring and removed the original plugs.
where would I find this phantom diagram? Haha they seem to be eluding me. I’ve also messaged Nissan asking for help. And yes massive shame someone has mucked around with it.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 PM

where would I find this phantom diagram? Haha they seem to be eluding me. I’ve also messaged Nissan asking for help. And yes massive shame someone has mucked around with it.
You might have to call into Cockram Nissan workshop (just noticed you are in Christchurch also), and ask them nicely if you could look at their A32 workshop manual and take some pics. If I think of anything else, will let you know.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You might have to call into Cockram Nissan workshop (just noticed you are in Christchurch also), and ask them nicely if you could look at their A32 workshop manual and take some pics. If I think of anything else, will let you know.
will give them a buzz and see if they do that. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Was thinking if you have the correct plugs, which I guess will have a small portion of wiring, then technically they should be the same colour to what is original to your car. Dont think there would be any difference between a Cefiro S.Touring, Excimo etc, of the same year, but possibly could be.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Was thinking if you have the correct plugs, which I guess will have a small portion of wiring, then technically they should be the same colour to what is original to your car. Dont think there would be any difference between a Cefiro S.Touring, Excimo etc, of the same year, but possibly could be.
yea that’s what I thought, but my mate said in both of the plugs there are same coloured wires so there could have been a mix up from previous hack job. Only other way really is to test my control panel
in another car, and or get another car to have as a comparison next to mine for a hour so my mate can quickly fix it.

Also, just rung Cockram and they’re ringing around for a diagram for me. So that’s a bonus.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

cockram cant source parts, but for a small fee (lol), they will give me access to wiring diagrams
Old 02-18-2019, 02:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please help me.
Is it possible to change manual heater panel in A32 to automatic ( climatronic ) ?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 AM

Not really. You have to change wire harnesses under the dash and the hood and add 4 (maybe 5) sensors to the car, one under the hood and the others under the dash. The one sensor needs to have an opening made in the dash panel.