4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Photoshop test fit of a 94/95 accord bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Photoshop test fit of a 94/95 accord bumper

I was curious to know how a modified bumper would look, using the bottom half a 94/95 style Accord bumper with front lip. I know the shapes are similar.

The lip for it would fit on a Max with slight modification. Here it is I like it. Although it's a little warped on the right side. Mouth is a tad too big for my taste.

Last edited by RealityCheck; 02-08-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:38 PM

ehh no, that front end looks ugly.. i would stick to OEM with stillen front lip. best and simple look.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:12 PM

yeah I think oem looks better, but hey at least you'd be doing something different instead of following the crowd here.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Administrator

I think it looks pretty good actually.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:45 PM

i just think the big "mouth" look down there looks a bit cheesy to me lol
Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 AM

it looks like a max had sex with a honda and that's their bastard offspring
Old 02-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Got Retrofit?

I hate it. Kill it with fire.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

When I read the title to this thread I thought , oh no.... But it really looks great!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:00 AM

Haha, hmm mixed feelings here from ya'll. I'm considering trying this out. Plus side is that I can easily get a various lip for the accord bottom half instead of dropping mad money on a Stillen lip.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:37 AM

Hey we have another Barris in the making.

The Barris team would mix parts from different cars to create a unique look.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
Hey we have another Barris in the making.

The Barris team would mix parts from different cars to create a unique look.
I've seen a bunch of Honda mixes, from complete front ends to bumper mods. Some look horrible and some look on point! I gotta check out this Barris team.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:46 PM

Not bad, but not good either. I like the different look and the creativity to try something new. I was never a big fan of the Stillen lip, I don't care for the pop out at the bottom, makes it look like a step. I have the accord bottom plastic attached to my bumper and it lowers it and look good too. (At the very least, it doesn't make it look worse). Plus they are all over and cheap.

From the looks of it, you pretend cut the bumper right below the crease and molded on the accord one that was also cut. Hardest part of actually making this happen is the seam. If one could be put on top of the other, it would be more appealing.

Props for trying something new. I need to learn how to use photoshop, my high school graphic design class failed me.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 PM

I think it looks pretty good as well. If it's doable, might be worth a shot. If you can make it look just like the picture, then I'd say it's a go.
I also like pin stripes, so factor that into my opinion on appearance.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Finkle
Not bad, but not good either. I like the different look and the creativity to try something new. I was never a big fan of the Stillen lip, I don't care for the pop out at the bottom, makes it look like a step. I have the accord bottom plastic attached to my bumper and it lowers it and look good too. (At the very least, it doesn't make it look worse). Plus they are all over and cheap.

From the looks of it, you pretend cut the bumper right below the crease and molded on the accord one that was also cut. Hardest part of actually making this happen is the seam. If one could be put on top of the other, it would be more appealing.

Props for trying something new. I need to learn how to use photoshop, my high school graphic design class failed me.
Yesterday, I was browsing through a bunch of bumpers from different years of Accords, Infinitis, and Acuras. I figured the bumper of a 94-97 accord would be the best fitted because you can use the front lip on the 4th gen with some slight modding. Although the accord bumper is more squarish and sticks out a little bit more, this may be challenging to do. It's not so much the method of going about merging both, but it's the shape. I feel that I would have to heat and warp the plastic to fit the Maxima shape.

Honda bumpers and lips are fairly cheap, which is why I liked that pro about it. Stillen lip is nice looking IMO, even the rest of the aero kit but it's expensive and hard to grab if someone was selling it cheaper. I'm willing to try using Accord side skirts to see how it really looks. I'm curious. Anyways, the photoshop test makes the merge look easy.

I think it looks pretty good as well. If it's doable, might be worth a shot. If you can make it look just like the picture, then I'd say it's a go.
I also like pin stripes, so factor that into my opinion on appearance.
I like custom pin stripes, although factory stripes as blah for me. Not much of my taste. I have enthusiasm to do this but I hope both shapes work well with each other otherwise I need to chop this to pieces and paste everything together.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by RealityCheck
Honda bumpers and lips are fairly cheap, which is why I liked that pro about it. Stillen lip is nice looking IMO, even the rest of the aero kit but it's expensive and hard to grab if someone was selling it cheaper. I'm willing to try using Accord side skirts to see how it really looks. I'm curious. Anyways, the photoshop test makes the merge look easy.
There were pics floating around here a year of so ago of 94-97 side skirts on a max. It looked ok IMO. Not as good as the front lip.

If I could find a stillen front lip at the junkyard, I would have it on my car. But I run into a lot more accord stock lips, and you can't beat $10 for a lip. I love it when we can take something stock on a different car and make it look good on ours. Go junk yard tech Go!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Get 95-96 bumper and grille (or trim your grille).
Cut out bar behind license plate.
Minor body work to make it pretty.
Add lip of choice.
Done.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Finkle

What year Accord lip do you have on? I'm going to junk yard to drop off some car parts. Might check out some Accord lips. Is it a perfect fit or do I need more pieces? Got any pictures?