4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Replacing these nasty floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:18 PM

Replacing these nasty floor mats

I bought my car used like many others, and with this tan interior, comes big black sports and nasty torn up floor mats, but my question to you guys is, does anyone have custom maxima floor mats? Im just looking for ideas, i do not want carpet floor mats, looking to get other types of materials.
Thanks
-BryceJayhawk
Old 02-26-2015, 06:25 PM

I got rubber mats made by Lloyd Mats, you can buy them various places, I got mine through Jegs. They are custom cut for our car and actually cover more of the carpet then the OEM ones did. I have a tan interior and chose the brown mats which I think looks pretty good, but they have tan too as well as black and clear and other colors. I have them in my other cars and they seem to last.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by LocalMaxima
I got rubber mats made by Lloyd Mats, you can buy them various places, I got mine through Jegs. They are custom cut for our car and actually cover more of the carpet then the OEM ones did. I have a tan interior and chose the brown mats which I think looks pretty good, but they have tan too as well as black and clear and other colors. I have them in my other cars and they seem to last.
Looking it up right now!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:27 PM

I bought these 10+ years ago for my GMC Sierra 4x4. A little but I like dragons, and hey, I'm driving an Asian import now. When I bought the car, it had Harley Davidson mats that the PO wanted to keep, luckily I yanked these out of the truck when I sold it the day before.
Kraco dragon floor mats

Name:  100_4204.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  70.9 KB

Last edited by asand1; 02-26-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:43 PM

WeatherTec makes some custom mats for the maxima.
http://www.weathertech.com/nissan/19...s-all-weather/

I want to get a set for my 02. Seems like a good option for some durable rubber mats.

Another option may be stainless steel
Old 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cotozic
http://www.weathertech.com/nissan/19...s-all-weather/

I want to get a set for my 02. Seems like a good option for some durable rubber mats.

Another option may be stainless steel
I saw those! I kind of want to get some nismo ones, but I don't know if they made they will fit good.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM

Just picked up goodyear tan all rubber floor mats from costco few days ago. Perfect fit and look good. Only 18.99 for all 4.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by metalgod3082
Just picked up goodyear tan all rubber floor mats from costco few days ago. Perfect fit and look good. Only 18.99 for all 4.
Really? I'm looking to do black, was that an option?
Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 PM

I still have the original floor-mats that say "maxima" and currently use them
Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cotozic
I do say good sir, I like the look of these mats the most! They would be extraordinary for protecting the interior of my 4-doored sports car. However, I would personally find it hard to justify the expense at this point in time due to my current mats still being in wonderful condition and more expenses I may have in the very near future related to my car's electrical supply. Cheerio!

Last edited by cornholio; 03-03-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: saltiness
Old 02-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by cornholio
i want these but can't bring myself to pay more than 10% of what i paid for the car on some floormats
Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
wow i may have overstepped my bounds

plz no
Old 02-28-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by cornholio
wow i may have overstepped my bounds plz no

But seriously, some of us take our cars seriously.
My car is worth it to me when buying parts.
I'm not in this for the resale value I'm in it for being happy with it; and if that means spending money then
I think Bryce and a few others share this view, but I can kind of understand when some people think it's disposable or a beater because of the lower price of the car now.
I think they're priceless/timeless, but I'm just some crazy enthusiast.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:01 AM

these are my lloyds mats i got for free!!! they look nice, but aren't worth the price tag cause they're dime thin. i just use them for summer mats. https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...stom-mats.html
Old 02-28-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
But seriously, some of us take our cars seriously. My car is worth it to me when buying parts. I'm not in this for the resale value I'm in it for being happy with it; and if that means spending money then I think Bryce and a few others share this view, but I can kind of understand when some people think it's disposable or a beater because of the lower price of the car now. I think they're priceless/timeless, but I'm just some crazy enthusiast.
I bought my car for 1750 a year and half ago, and I plan to turbo it, that's more then I payed for my car, but I could careless. If it makes you happy to spend money on your car, do it. I catch myself saying cars aren't worth fixing up, but to me, my car was worth it. And still is. My grandpa tells me all the time my car isn't worth it, and I just need to go get a new one and that he'd co-sign for me, but honestly I could careless, I love this car, I have had so much fun in it, and hated it at times, but at the end of the day, that's my first car, that I worked my *** off for, and maintain, and turned it from an old grandma looking car, to looking like a pretty slick 4th gen.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:53 PM

well if u get a new car, u lose alot more $ than modifying a car you choose that isn't much but is fun to drive, besides new cars are overrated and take absolute no skill to own and drive, just paying monthly payments on it.. and the new cars today most of them look ugly in my opinion.. too "Big and bulky" look.

A car is something to get u from point A to B, and if u have to spend $ to make it look badass and fun, then thats the way to go.. if it makes ya happy then do it.. sometimes its not all about "the car is worth bla bla bla" Mercedes for example is expensive but its just for its brand and name!

hate when people judge on "the car is worth..." It means nothing.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by BryceJayhawk
Really? I'm looking to do black, was that an option?
Yes black was an option and actually picked up a set of black for my girlfriends car which fit perfect in her acura integra. They are trimmable and had to trim it for her car but it fit perfect in the maxima without trimming. They only had a few left so I don't think they are restocking them so your costco may not have any more. I got the last tan at my local costco.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by metalgod3082
Yes black was an option and actually picked up a set of black for my girlfriends car which fit perfect in her acura integra. They are trimmable and had to trim it for her car but it fit perfect in the maxima without trimming. They only had a few left so I don't think they are restocking them so your costco may not have any more. I got the last tan at my local costco.
Ill have to ask my mom to go look, shes got the costco card. lol thanks you!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 AM

Wow all you guys are like speaking my mind!

People ask me all the time how much I have spent on my car in mods, when I tell them, they give me this, "dude, you are crazy look" but for me it is all worth it. I love this car and plan on keeping it until it is a classic. So it was all worth it.

I have had some not so fun times with this car, but even more times where I was like "HELL YEAH!!" Just having a blast driving this car a little crazy.

And new cars, everyone tells me I should just buy a new car. But my car, plus all my mods is still less money than what I would lose on a new car due to depreciation alone. Plus I agree that all new cars nowadays are too fat and bulky. Sure I would love to have that fancy interior and Bluetooth but meh.

Plus nothing beats driving something you have worked on and transformed into YOUR ride.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Wow all you guys are like speaking my mind!

People ask me all the time how much I have spent on my car in mods, when I tell them, they give me this, "dude, you are crazy look" but for me it is all worth it. I love this car and plan on keeping it until it is a classic. So it was all worth it.

I have had some not so fun times with this car, but even more times where I was like "HELL YEAH!!" Just having a blast driving this car a little crazy.

And new cars, everyone tells me I should just buy a new car. But my car, plus all my mods is still less money than what I would lose on a new car due to depreciation alone. Plus I agree that all new cars nowadays are too fat and bulky. Sure I would love to have that fancy interior and Bluetooth but meh.

Plus nothing beats driving something you have worked on and transformed into YOUR ride.
I agree 1000%. I don't need that fancy interior! But my double din does have blue booth, but people say the same stuff about getting a new car, my grandpa keeps telling me he'd co-sign, but i tell him dont bother.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:29 AM

wow i was just making a harmless comment about expensive floor mats, not making a dig at anyone who chooses to modify their car. if you put money in your car great, no harm in splurging on some floor mats. i'd argue the more money you've put in your car the easier it is to justify. i have respect for (almost) everyone on this site who chooses to invest time and money in their cars.

fwiw i didn't make any comments about what anybody's car was worth, just what i paid for mine (which was well below what it's "worth"). i'll go back and edit the post so nobody else gets offended

sorry for the thread derail