4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

OE injectors......Hatachi or JECS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

OE injectors......Hatachi or JECS?

After several hours of reading through posts pertaining to fuel injectors, one thing is clear.......everyone agrees that OE is the way to go when replacing injectors. What isn't so clear.....who is the OEM? Some say OE injectors are Hatachi, only to be contradicted by others claiming JECS as the OEM.

I'm looking to resolve a multiple misfire issue on a '99 SE. The misfire is accompanied by a strong smell of gasoline and white smoke from the tailpipe, leading me to believe the source of the problem is a leaking injector(s).

Can anyone clarify for me who the actual OEM is? The Nissan part number I came up with, which I believe to be correct, is 16600-96E01. However, I've found both Hatachi and JECS to reference this number. I've also found Hatachi using FIJ0023 as their part number, which has me leaning more towards JECS as the OEM. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any other advise or tips that may be of use.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Administrator

OEM is JECS, and your problem is definitely the injector.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 AM

JECS was ultimately bought out by Hitachi, so are the same. JECS was a joint venture between Nissan and Bosch.

Different brands will have different part numbers even for the same item. Nissan, Bosch, Hitachi, etc. all have their own numbering systems. Another case would be captive imports like the Quest/Villager minivan (sold by both Nissan and Ford), Nissan and Ford will each use their own part number for the same part.

In terms of fuel injectors, all of the following are the same and the OE part and made in Japan:
Nissan 16600-96E01
Hitachi FIJ0023
Bosch 62027
Beck/Arnley 158-0861

Bosch happened to be the cheapest when I needed one. But all of the above are the exact same injector, so shop on price for those four part numbers.

And one more thing: the fuel injectors DO NOT include O-rings, so you need to buy them separately. You need a package of o-rings for each injector you replace (so if you replace all six, buy six packages). Beck/Arnley 158-0957
Old 05-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by maximaxi
JECS was ultimately bought out by Hitachi, so are the same. JECS was a joint venture between Nissan and Bosch.

Different brands will have different part numbers even for the same item. Nissan, Bosch, Hitachi, etc. all have their own numbering systems. Another case would be captive imports like the Quest/Villager minivan (sold by both Nissan and Ford), Nissan and Ford will each use their own part number for the same part.

In terms of fuel injectors, all of the following are the same and the OE part and made in Japan:
Nissan 16600-96E01
Hitachi FIJ0023
Bosch 62027
Beck/Arnley 158-0861

Bosch happened to be the cheapest when I needed one. But all of the above are the exact same injector, so shop on price for those four part numbers.

And one more thing: the fuel injectors DO NOT include O-rings, so you need to buy them separately. You need a package of o-rings for each injector you replace (so if you replace all six, buy six packages). Beck/Arnley 158-0957
Thank you for the outstanding clarification. I started to get the feeling that the JECS and Hatachi were one and the same, but had no idea that Bosch and Beck/Arnley

Last edited by beavo040; 05-03-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by beavo040
After several hours of reading through posts pertaining to fuel injectors, one thing is clear.......everyone agrees that OE is the way to go when replacing injectors. What isn't so clear.....who is the OEM? Some say OE injectors are Hatachi, only to be contradicted by others claiming JECS as the OEM.

I'm looking to resolve a multiple misfire issue on a '99 SE. The misfire is accompanied by a strong smell of gasoline and white smoke from the tailpipe, leading me to believe the source of the problem is a leaking injector(s).

Can anyone clarify for me who the actual OEM is? The Nissan part number I came up with, which I believe to be correct, is 16600-96E01. However, I've found both Hatachi and JECS to reference this number. I've also found Hatachi using FIJ0023 as their part number, which has me leaning more towards JECS as the OEM. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any other advise or tips that may be of use.
You have the classic symptoms of broken pintle caps. I would just replace the caps and orings on the injectors and save the cash.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by beavo040

Sounds familiar I'm having these exact symptoms.
At first I identified I had an injector issue then took the remanufactured route. after I put them in I saw smoking from back where the rear coil packs were. I thought it was oil burning cause I just sealed the vc. I had this P0300+ P0430 blinking. I'm inclined to lean towards the remanufactured injectors being the issue
The smoke from the engine smelled to me like burning electronics

Last edited by maximatech12; 10-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.