4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

MAN wants to BUY Cefiro JDM turn signal & city lights SUBHARNESS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:08 PM

MAN wants to BUY Cefiro JDM turn signal & city lights SUBHARNESS

I am collecting parts to install OEM Cefiro headlights on '98 i30. I bought a very nice set from chrisman287 that included headlamp pigtail adaptors so headlight wiring is covered.

I wish to solve the turn signal (USDM socket won't fit in the JDM Cefiro hole without cutting the slots in the Cefiro hole larger) and running light-to-city light (USDM 194 running lamp in three spoke socket on trailing edge of turn signal both won't reach to and won't fit in four-spoke JDM city light hole) conversion issues by using a JDM turn signal/city light subharness.

I searched the 4th G forum and it seems like Cefiro one piece headlamps were a real big deal circa 2003. A lot of it is from Maxima guys (not i30, which is a closer match to Cefiro) and they all suggested going after the JDM turn signal hole w an Xacto knife as well as splicing a longer 4 spoke 194 socket into the USDM running lamp.

I don't want to cut up my harnesses and I don't want to KNIFE (you've got to be kidding) my brand new (20 years old) acquisition.

Where can I buy new JDM dealer parts like a Cefiro turn signal/running lamp subharness?

If it ends up I'm not able to purchase new JDM OEM turn/city subharnesses - I could not find a part number for replacement UDSM turn signal/running lamp subharnesses either. Can anyone help me find this Nissan part number?

Having two more of these USDM subharnesses, plus "small spoke" 4-spoke turn signal pigtails and four-spoke 194 sockets would allow creation of a "JDM-spec" turn/city subharness...this would allow for easily removing JDM gear (and subharnesses) and reinstalling USDM headlights and turn signals if necessary.

I'd appreciate any help locating either the JDM or USDM part numbers, as well as a JDM online retailer that lists this somewhat esoteric part.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Still looking for these / looking for a solution that doesnt involve cutting the cifero housings

thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 08:20 PM

JDM headlights are NOT safe to use on US cars because of the opposite side of traffic!!

Instead, get European Maxima headlights. They use H4 bulbs, and all you'll need is a conversion harness. Look on eBay Spain (ebay.es) and search for "maxima faro (derecho/izquierdo)" (Derecho and izquierdo are the Spanish words for right and left) or eBay Germany (ebay.de) and search for "maxima scheinwerfer (rechts/links)". You might find some on eBay France (ebay.fr) searching for "maxima phare (gauche/droit)"

Also, DO NOT buy from the UK, either, since they will have the same problems as JDM headlights. The UK and Japan drive on the opposite side of the road, while Continental Europe drives on the same side of the road as the US.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:47 AM

What's up Captain Bringdown...I've not done this before, but I had ***-u-med that Cifero headlights could be adjusted (aimed) to compensate...

maximaxi, it was your earlier post re: glass euro headlights that made me recall "I never put those fancy and not-inexpensive JDM headlights on my car"...

I now recall that I did score the spare USDM harnesses I needed...but I'm still looking for the JDM city light and JDM turn signal sockets x2.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:19 PM

Bump

looking for jdm city light subharness x2
Old 01-26-2022, 08:57 AM

woo wee - 6 years later

i'd still like to find a graceful way to wire up these JDM headlights...I need:

1. JDM-spec small-spoke 4-spoke turn signal bulb socket with leads x2
2. JDM-spec 4-spoke 194-bulb with leads x2

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:29 PM
Got Retrofit?

Hey man, it’s going to be hard to find those harnesses alone. I would just trim the housings slightly rather than the harnesses that way you can go back to USDM headlights/corners easily if needed.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Hey man, it’s going to be hard to find those harnesses alone. I would just trim the housings slightly rather than the harnesses that way you can go back to USDM headlights/corners easily if needed.
Thanks Chris !

A boy can dream...I've got spare USDM turn/running sub-harnesses to modify into the "JDM Cifero headlamps - to - USDM i30 car" sub-harnesses I need...if I can find the parts to make these I can just put the original USDM sub-harness (and headlamps) back on the car PRN.

"I like a challenge" - but this one is proving difficult! I can't go yarding in Japan (they might not even have "junkyards" in Japan) and can't write, read or speak Japanese...

Thanks -

BrianA in Houston
Old 12-14-2022, 05:30 AM

Not sure if I can be of any help, but I'll throw my 2 cents out there. If you are dead set on finding this part, you may need to look outside of the US. I've been in an all-too-familiar situation with my J30. I ended up on a Japanese website called Nengun Performance. They have an English to Japanese translation feature on their website. They offer many aftermarket as well as OEM parts. I ended finding exactly what I was needing for my J30 since it is the same as their Nissan Leopard.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:10 PM

thats what im talking about !

https://www.nengun.com/oem/parts/Mjc3OTIyIC0gSXpMd241cUFNZkNmbW9JcThKLWFuREkyTVBDZm 1yMHdNREUgLSBIZWFkbGFtcA==

Originally Posted by Cardboard Box
Not sure if I can be of any help, but I'll throw my 2 cents out there. If you are dead set on finding this part, you may need to look outside of the US. I've been in an all-too-familiar situation with my J30. I ended up on a Japanese website called Nengun Performance. They have an English to Japanese translation feature on their website. They offer many aftermarket as well as OEM parts. I ended finding exactly what I was needing for my J30 since it is the same as their Nissan Leopard.

Last edited by reallywildstuff; 12-14-2022 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by reallywildstuff
I made the unfortunate and foolish mistake of listening to some of the "less informed" keyboard tech's when it came to lowering my car. As a reminder: cutting coils is NOT the appropriate way to lower a car! After discovering Nissan/Infiniti no longer make OEM coils and are now discontinued, I was up **** creek. After many hours of searching I discovered Nengun! They are life savers....errr......car savers. I was able to order a set of SuperDowns lowering springs thru their company and had them shipped. Yes, it took about a month total time to get them, but the wait was totally worth it. They are my go-to for anything we might consider obsolete in the US.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:12 AM
Lightly modded

https://www.amayama.com/en is a great resource for getting OEM parts from Japan. However I only used it for getting UDSM parts and haven't tried it with JDM parts. But I'm guessing if you've got a part number it should work for those too.