4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Things to take off junked maxima

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Things to take off junked maxima

I've spent a long time working on my 98 maxima getting it to like new performance. Many a long day climbing the learning curve.
I was replacing the rear fuel injectors when I left off a coolant hose that goes into the throttle body. I ended up overheating the engine and blowing the head. I bought a 98 infiniti that has just under 200k. Plan is to switch allot of the stuff (2k worth) I've replaced on everything except the transmission. I plan on gutting the maxima to the block and tearing out all the suspension parts. But is there anything worth taking off the transmission for diagnosing/fixing the I30 later on?
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 AM

The Infiniti is nice upgrade from the Max, but curious as to why junk it and buy something else and do all the work to transfer everything to it, instead of fixing the blown head gasket? Or by head you refer to the whole engine/motor?

My car has many times tried to kill itself and overheat on me but I caught it in time...usually due to car bras, fan or thermostat issues. but, I'm not clear on what exactly happens once it "blows".
Old 01-03-2017, 04:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

the max has an 800$ registration block on it otherwise id probably try it out. The infiniti is nice but its been carting around really fat people so im wondering if thats gonna have an effect on the transmission. I know the seats are all ready gone to hell
Old 01-03-2017, 04:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My car number 3 cylinder is misfiring and im loosing coolant to the oil.