4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Been wanting these headlights for the longest time..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:12 AM

Been wanting these headlights for the longest time..

I found this on ebay, it looks like it comes with the headlight bulb conversion harnesses, the bulbs, and the headlight mounting brackets ... so It comes with everything needed to do the swap. If thats the case.. I'm buying these in a heart-beat If this seller already supplies all the needed stuff.. I just want to make sure that's all i need to successfully do this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-1995-199...BX72lA&vxp=mtr

can anyone double check? I want these headlights...I could care-less about light-output.. I don't really drive that much at night. If I was driving at night and I atleast can see.. that's all I need. How are the fitment issues on these headlights? sit flush? no gaps?

Last edited by JoshG; 01-13-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:42 AM

I have these on my Maxima. Instead do got mine off of amazon, they're out of stock now though I believe. It came with the new harness to split the bulbs and all the hardware needed to mount them. My car had been in a accident with one of the previous owners so I can't really speak for the fitment of them. One side is pretty close to spot on but the other is not but that's my cars fault. The weather stripping on them isn't the best and one of headlights leaks water in when it rains or when I go though the car wash. So if you do buy them I'd take a minute to make sure all the gaps between the lens and housing are filled with sealant. They do look really nice however. I've invested a new bumper so I can have mine fit as nicely as possible. They did come with bulbs to but I replaced them because they weren't bright at all and didn't look very good. You can see them vs some HIDs I put on in one of the pictures (not me in the picture btw��). I want to warn you to not make the same mistake I did. When you take the side marker lamps out of the original housing make sure the plastic connector for the bulb is in good shape. I didn't and I have white bits of broken plastic in my nice new headlights because it was so old and brittle. I painted them black afterwards to match the lights but I still have white plastic bits stuck in there... if you'd like I can take better pictures in the morning. That's just what I had at the moment

Old 01-13-2017, 12:57 AM

I can see the HIDS look better on the headlights, I know there is probably threads on this already about how the r34 have horrible output than stock.. the only reason why I haven't got these yet cause most of the time the seller only supplies the headlights and not the harnesses/bulbs needed to do the swap.. I got bored and was searching around ebay and found this seller to supply the necessities for the swap.

$124 for the headlights, harnesses, bulbs and headlight brackets is not a bad deal at all.. I'm thinking about getting it..but want to make sure the seller supplies all the stuff. Is it correct?

Last edited by JoshG; 01-13-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 AM

Yeah I'd look into it first. Mine came with it all but again it was off amazon and cost about 160
Old 01-13-2017, 01:11 AM

These are how my OEM headlights are sitting now.. But I could imagine how the r34 would look like..My OEM headlights I have been taken Care of so much to keep it like new..so i have a hard time to feel the need to switch out these shiny OEM headlights for those r34..

Old 01-13-2017, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by JoshG
These are how my OEM headlights are sitting now.. But I could imagine how the r34 would look like..My OEM headlights I have been taken Care of so much to keep it like new..so i have a hard time to feel the need to switch out these shiny OEM headlights for those r34..

Honestly those OEM headlights probably look better on your car then the r34s would. Mine were broken and discolored when I got them and one side markers was duct taped on so they had to go. Yours are clean though!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:20 AM

That's what I'm thinking, r34 is tempting but then I tell myself how often do ya see OEM headlights this shiny. It has some liquid spray applied to it done by a professoinal shop to keep it shiny and minimize oxidation. Something similar to what higher end cars use on their headlights. I heard after a while OEM headlights do lose that protected coat on the headlights after many "cleaning sessions" and oxidize so fast. But since these have a special spray liquid application to them.. It prevented that and protects the coat.

Last edited by JoshG; 01-13-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:02 AM

Although R34s look real nice, the output of light is terrible. The way they are made, doesn't compare to the fitment of OEM. I retrofitted mine and was worth it. Too bad I sold em a while ago.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:20 PM

I do drive at night and my headlights suck. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting more/better light down the road so that I can see? I don't know much about the lights, just know that I have the brightest bulbs that Advanced Auto sells. I have found kits similar to this other places (about $149) and found some Cree led 9004 bulbs...any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by peb396
I do drive at night and my headlights suck. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting more/better light down the road so that I can see? I don't know much about the lights, just know that I have the brightest bulbs that Advanced Auto sells. I have found kits similar to this other places (about $149) and found some Cree led 9004 bulbs...any input is greatly appreciated.
I have the r34, which are not known for their light output, and I run a pair of leds for my brights and they are quite bright. I live in a rural area and they light up the whole road in front of me. Cost me about 50 bucks online
Old 07-25-2018, 04:04 PM

Considering buying the Auxbeam F16 9004 HB1 led kit for my 98. Has anyone here tried these. I have a Hikari kit, in highs and lows at $180 total, in my 2016 Tacoma and could not be happier. The Auxbeam are only $51 and have great reviews.