4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Superwhite glo indiglo gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 08:19 AM

Superwhite glo indiglo gauges

I just ordered the "superwhite glo" indiglo gauges from ProCarParts.com. These gauges have two types of glow-- a superwhite background glow and a light green glow. Anybody else have these? I thought these would look cool because the "superwhite" is a new color other than the old indiglo colors. Any bad experiences with these?
Old 07-08-2002, 08:32 AM

Sounds hot. Please post pics when you get the gauges installed. If its on point, Im gonna have to get myself new gauges!!
Old 07-26-2002, 02:43 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Re: Superwhite glo indiglo gauges

Originally posted by MIXXMAX
I just ordered the "superwhite glo" indiglo gauges from ProCarParts.com. These gauges have two types of glow-- a superwhite background glow and a light green glow. Anybody else have these? I thought these would look cool because the "superwhite" is a new color other than the old indiglo colors. Any bad experiences with these?
I went on there but they didn't have them for 4th gens...the only nissan superwhites were for the Altima.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:06 AM
tiedyemaxima

Those do look nice post pics when you do get them. MIXXMAX Look at Third one from the bottom on the last page. They have them for the 95-97 Maxima.

Old 07-26-2002, 05:25 PM

Yes, guys these gauges are wonderful. I just installed these last weekend! At first, when I received them, the invertor switch had the colors green and blue on it. I said to myself, "Oh, no, they sent me the wrong kind!" But, they were'nt...it's just that where the blue side is, it's actually "superwhite". Man, these gauges are bright, too! I really like them. They have a slight blueish tint of color to them, but it is real light. I got these rather than the regular indigos, because it was different from all the other common colors. Yes, and I do believe they only make them for the '95-'97 models because of the facing of the fuel guage. Sorry, I cannot post pics because I'm still waiting to get a digital camera. That is my next purchase.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:24 AM
Ludicrous Speed

I just got my superwhite indiglo gauges today...i'll post pics tonight or tomorrow...
Old 08-03-2002, 08:03 AM

Where did you get it from....... was it from procarparts.com? Will these indiglos fit a '97 GLE or do they have the same problems as the old indiglos where the screw holes are at the wrong places for the GLE.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:04 AM

i bet it will look great, but wont you have trouble looking at the road if they're bright(when you have them in the superwhite mode???)
Old 08-03-2002, 11:03 AM

can someone post pics
Old 08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I'll wait till tonight to post pics of the night time indiglos....to answer your question about the GLE situation (and other questions), I got the superwhite gauges from procarparts.com, as for the install on GXE/GLE, I removed all the screws otherwise the needles wouldn't budge (they'd be stuck) so i did the half-assed thing of Elmer gluing the indiglos to the old gauges....since the screws were removed there will be a little movement but after you put the bezel back on then everything is ok.

I already drove around and did some hard turns, heavy cornering, and hard breaking to see if they would make anything fall off or move around (or if maybe i had forgotten to put something back on). So far so good. Oh, and I followed Cheston's instructions on maximadriver.com (except the glue part...that was my dumb idea, cheston suggested doublesided tape but i thought it would be too thick).

Pictures coming tonight (Pacific time)
Old 08-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
i bet it will look great, but wont you have trouble looking at the road if they're bright(when you have them in the superwhite mode???)
That's what I thought but it has a dimmer that dims it all the way down...maybe for cop-avoiding reasons as well...
Old 08-03-2002, 09:45 PM

The screws MUST be removed in order to install these. Currently, I think they only have these for the '95-'97 Max's. If your GAS gauge is facing left (the needle), then these gauges will work!
Old 08-04-2002, 03:44 PM

im guessing these will look like the lexus's and benz's guages???
Old 08-04-2002, 04:56 PM

Can't Wait to see the pics!!!

I was looking for something like this for quite sometime....would love to see those pics man. Later.
Old 08-04-2002, 05:52 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Here are the pics...

And here they are...

geocities.com/skyknight02/images/indiglodaytime.JPG
Daytime

geocities.com/skyknight02/images/indiglowhite.JPG
Superwhite

geocities.com/skyknight02/images/indiglogreen.JPG
Light Green

By the looks of it, these might be regular indiglos that were modified to be brighter. That's why the white has a hint of blue and the green is very light.

------

geocities sucks....i'll find a way to post the pics later...or just copy/paste the url...
Old 08-04-2002, 06:15 PM

those look great

now, how hard was the install?
Old 08-04-2002, 06:55 PM

....wow that does look amazing, i'ma have to pick some up to
Old 08-05-2002, 01:37 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by 95sickGLE
those look great

now, how hard was the install?
following cheston's instructions made it a lot easier than the ish they gave me...i'd say it took about 45 minutes total and that includes a lunch break and a few bathroom runs. Be careful with the fuel and tach needles...i think both of mine are a lil off.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:58 AM

Wow I was just about to post for superwhite guages

Can u adjust the brightness though? I really want the SE guage @ dusk look.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:04 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by Finality
Wow I was just about to post for superwhite guages

Can u adjust the brightness though? I really want the SE guage @ dusk look.
Yeah, it dims down all the way...one thing though is that it seems as if the gauges are a lil transparent...so when they're really dim you can tell that there are black gauges behind it.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:09 AM

So they go over the stock guages? I wonder what it would do for normal SE guages. You mind taking a few pics with it dimmed down a bit? I've been banging my head the last few weeks thinking of ways to get the 'dusk' look
Old 08-05-2002, 02:24 AM
Ludicrous Speed

So they go over the stock guages? I wonder what it would do for normal SE guages. You mind taking a few pics with it dimmed down a bit? I've been banging my head the last few weeks thinking of ways to get the 'dusk' look
Ok, here you go...

geocities.com/skyknight02/images/indiglodim.JPG

But as you can see, I would need a very expensive camera to show how they actually look..
Old 08-05-2002, 05:10 AM

Hey max002, just wondering, does your stock gauges have white needles? If so, did you "sharpie" the tip of the needle so that you can read them in daylight? I have white needles, and I used a red Sharpie marker to color the tip of the needle to give a more stock look. They look very sharp! Man, I wish I could post pictures, too. I love to show off mine, also. Good job!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey max002, just wondering, does your stock gauges have white needles? If so, did you "sharpie" the tip of the needle so that you can read them in daylight? I have white needles, and I used a red Sharpie marker to color the tip of the needle to give a more stock look. They look very sharp! Man, I wish I could post pictures, too. I love to show off mine, also. Good job!
It's not letting me see the pics..can you e-mail them to me please?
Old 08-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Sports Button FTW

i like the look of that max....

and i seen those same rims on a lexus GS 300 at the funk flex show...rims look kind of wack on the lex but a little better on max believe it or not...

as far as indiglo's, the green looks just like one of the greens in the 6 color indiglo but the superwhite is definitely something else....i don't think we'll know the full potential of it until we see it in person....looks good though.....
Old 08-05-2002, 09:46 AM

I want to check these picks out too, but the site isn't letting me view the pics. Can you shoot me a e-mail as well. Thanks!

el_capitone@yahoo.com
Old 08-05-2002, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Capitone
I want to check these picks out too, but the site isn't letting me view the pics. Can you shoot me a e-mail as well. Thanks!

el_capitone@yahoo.com
You need to open the link they copy and paste the link in a new window. Silly yahoo website.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:14 PM

wowowwowow!!!!! i want taht superwhite like right now! ordering info?
Old 08-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Yeah I sharpied the tip of them thinking it would look cool, and it does...but the speedo needle still lights up because of the bulb that i left in to light up the odometer (took out the other bulbs to run the wires through the holes). I'm opening it back up to touch it up a lil because my tach needle is getting stuck and the glue i put is showing through the transparent gauges so i need to glue the whole back of the gauges to the stock ones...i'm using clear school glue though.

As for the pics, I wouldn't want to send out massive e-mails...but i think all you need to do is copy/paste the links and you'll be fine. I didn't have many pics to go by when i got these...i just ran the risk (got them for $44 shipped through eBay). So if you really want to see them then just buy them..if you're into indiglos and you like taking your car apart and putting back together again then you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:17 PM

You need to open the link they copy and paste the link in a new window. Silly yahoo website.
What "new window". Do you mean cut and paste it to the Address box? If so, I tried and it didn't work.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:37 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Ok, I went back and modified the pics...try the links again. I'm unsubbing from this thread so hopefully you all have a good experience with these gauges...they're HELLA cool...