Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 06-18-2002, 12:34 PM   #1

Circuit Breaker Location

Hello, does anybody know where the circuit breaker is located for the power windows and locks? I think mine is faulty, becasue they stutter on roll up/down or they just don't work. Also is this a nissan only part? Thanks.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:17 PM   #2
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Points: 35,723, Level: 100 Points: 35,723, Level: 100 Points: 35,723, Level: 100
Activity: 31.1%
Activity: 31.1% Activity: 31.1% Activity: 31.1%
Send a message via AIM to njmaxseltd
The circuit breaker is probably not whats causing your shuttering problem. When the breaker trips, you lose power for a few seconds, then it comes back on again. Shuttering is not a symptom of a faulty breaker.

Sorry I can't lead you in any direction that might help you.

As the 4th gen ages, its owners get younger.
njmaxseltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:20 PM   #3

Hmmmmm.......

Quote:
Originally posted by njmaxseltd
The circuit breaker is probably not whats causing your shuttering problem. When the breaker trips, you lose power for a few seconds, then it comes back on again. Shuttering is not a symptom of a faulty breaker.

Sorry I can't lead you in any direction that might help you.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:21 PM   #4

Window shutter is caused by the drying out of the rubber window trackes that the glass slides in. Silicon spray lube these tracks and run the windows up and down several times. Add more lube until windows run smooth. Then use glass cleaner to remove excess silicon.
arrow96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:13 PM   #5

I don't think that would solve it, becasue what would explain the powered locks operating in the same stutter way. And when I push on any of the window buttons (all doors) I don't even hear the click. And with the locks it's like it dies half way so it locks half way, and then maybe goes all the way. weird stuff.

Quote:
Originally posted by arrow96
Window shutter is caused by the drying out of the rubber window trackes that the glass slides in. Silicon spray lube these tracks and run the windows up and down several times. Add more lube until windows run smooth. Then use glass cleaner to remove excess silicon.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:36 AM   #6

Points: 13,019, Level: 74 Points: 13,019, Level: 74 Points: 13,019, Level: 74
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
elcid

The temperamental windows, door locks: does it just happen from your driver door controls?

You might have a door switch unit that's dying out on you. Run the windows from the other doors and if you don't have the shudder, then it is probably your driver door switch unit.

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/procket

2012 Nissan Rogue SV FWD - daily driver
1994 Mazda RX7 SSM/red, 5MT, summer bliss

2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - lease trade in
2010 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - lease trade in
2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - lease trade in
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - lease trade in
1995 Nissan Maxima SE - sold 7/2/08
pocketrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 10:04 AM   #7

It happens from all butons, from each door. Sunroof works fine but in the past it has also acted up when the windows/door locks acted up. It's woorying me, becasue about a week ago I started up my car with my remote and it did, then 3 min later my alarm starts going off (factory alarm) Worried that some serious stuff is going wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by pocketrocket
elcid

The temperamental windows, door locks: does it just happen from your driver door controls?

You might have a door switch unit that's dying out on you. Run the windows from the other doors and if you don't have the shudder, then it is probably your driver door switch unit.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:04 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement