5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bitter, Sweet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:33 PM

Bitter, Sweet!

I finally get of Biology lab today, happy that my school week is over bc I dont take classes on Friday. Well I was walking and I saw my car from a distance the rims were sparklin car looking all nice, but I walk closer and I see a reflection on my car but the only problem is there is nothing to reflect, I get closer and to my horror there was a scrap about a foot long and another one on the outer rim of the wheel well. Lets just say, I wasnt too happy! So I lite up a cigarette and get on my way, couldn't dwell on it too long, plus I didnt catch the punk to take out my aggression on. So I start to drive home with my system bumping im about id say 3 miles away from home on a strait away. Kinda busy I would say people were trying to get home to watch the news after work, anyways I'm stoped at a light behind a new Prelude Vtec, didn't think anything of it but, at the light he guns it. All of a sudden I forgot about the scratch. I pull up side him and he looks and nods his head and lifts up his windows, I put my game face on and turned up my system to the Xtrem and put my windows down. I put my automagic into second and bam the light turns green to my surprise im ahead, rev it to about 7000rpm and hit it into drive and o/d button on and all I could see was black dot behind me. Surly, that put a smile on my face . Im gonna go see what I can have done to the scratch tomorrow hopefully they wont take my arm and leg.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:09 PM

I ended up trying to wax the thing and got all the rubber off but I can still see the scratch any suggestions, Im not taking it to get looked at anymore. ITs not as bad as I thought.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:22 PM

well u can either use touch-up paint or as i would do get a body shop to repaint ur car. nice kill tho
Old 03-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry about the scratch, but it sounds like you need to use my street racers check list:

1. Make out a living will. There's good software available.
2. Keep a set of spare keys on your dresser.
3. Clean out the refrigerator.
4. Leave Post-it notes on all your possessions indicating to whom they go.
5. Write a note to your parents telling them you're sorry.
6. Have your best suit cleaned and pressed.
7. Cancel your magazine subscriptions.
8. Leave the addresses of school alumni publications with someone so he/she can post your death notice. Consider writing it out now.
9. Instruct a friend to let us know on the org so we can all participate in a "He was a nice guy" thread.
10. Watch a beautiful sunset or listen to your favorite music one last time.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by Magellan
Sorry about the scratch, but it sounds like you need to use my street racers check list:

1. Make out a living will. There's good software available.
2. Keep a set of spare keys on your dresser.
3. Clean out the refrigerator.
4. Leave Post-it notes on all your possessions indicating to whom they go.
5. Write a note to your parents telling them you're sorry.
6. Have your best suit cleaned and pressed.
7. Cancel your magazine subscriptions.
8. Leave the addresses of school alumni publications with someone so he/she can post your death notice. Consider writing it out now.
9. Instruct a friend to let us know on the org so we can all participate in a "He was a nice guy" thread.
10. Watch a beautiful sunset or listen to your favorite music one last time.
That was too freaking halarious, you got me almost crying. So wait, your telling me you never street race??? Im in good hands!
Old 03-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX

That was too freaking halarious, you got me almost crying. So wait, your telling me you never street race??? Im in good hands!
No, I never street race. I did years ago when I was your age. But somehow I survived it, like I was playing
Russian roulette multiple times without blowing my brains out. I was stupid, but lucky. How
lucky do you feel?
Old 03-21-2003, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Magellan
No, I never street race. I did years ago when I was your age. But somehow I survived it, like I was playing
Russian roulette multiple times without blowing my brains out. I was stupid, but lucky. How
lucky do you feel?
Iv been playing Russian roulette since I was 16 now im 22, lets just say iv grazed myself with a few bullets.