5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Went out racing last night...not satisfied with results....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Went out racing last night...not satisfied with results....

Me and a bunch of my friends went out racing last night, there was about 10 cars. An Integra GSR (he claims to run 13s but i just dont think so), a Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5 speed, a Talon GSI, a Ford Probe GT, and a 99 Eclipse V6 5 speed, my Max and a few low rider trucks. Ok the main reason we went out there was to let my friend in the Sentra run the Eclipse V6...well the Eclipse took that win. I wasnt planning on running but ended up running anyway...so me and the Eclipse line up and i was fairly certain i had this one under my belt. We take off and i have him by about half a car from the line then he just came by me and takes the win by about half a car to a car length. Now i know these cars are small and light weight with a 200 hp V6....but how in the hell?? My friend told me something is prolly wrong with my damn car, number one he can kill that same Eclipse in his 2.0 SE-R and before i installed my y-pipe me and him went to the track and i could take his SE-R by about half a car in the quarter...that was BEFORE my y-pipe...now with my y-pipe i cant even hang with him...whats the deal??? could i have a clogged main cat or somethin?? thats what he thinks it is...since i removed one precat that the extra emissions going through the main have clogged it....anyway...someone get back to me with this...
Old 09-13-2003, 01:32 PM

Hey, man! You win some and then......you'll lose some. Or maybe in your case more, lol.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:11 PM

sorry to hear but yeah u should have beat him. i'm not sure what the prob could be, how may miles? need more details...
Old 09-13-2003, 06:45 PM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by 2k1maxgle
Me and a bunch of my friends went out racing last night, there was about 10 cars. An Integra GSR (he claims to run 13s but i just dont think so), a Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5 speed, a Talon GSI, a Ford Probe GT, and a 99 Eclipse V6 5 speed, my Max and a few low rider trucks. Ok the main reason we went out there was to let my friend in the Sentra run the Eclipse V6...well the Eclipse took that win. I wasnt planning on running but ended up running anyway...so me and the Eclipse line up and i was fairly certain i had this one under my belt. We take off and i have him by about half a car from the line then he just came by me and takes the win by about half a car to a car length. Now i know these cars are small and light weight with a 200 hp V6....but how in the hell?? My friend told me something is prolly wrong with my damn car, number one he can kill that same Eclipse in his 2.0 SE-R and before i installed my y-pipe me and him went to the track and i could take his SE-R by about half a car in the quarter...that was BEFORE my y-pipe...now with my y-pipe i cant even hang with him...whats the deal??? could i have a clogged main cat or somethin?? thats what he thinks it is...since i removed one precat that the extra emissions going through the main have clogged it....anyway...someone get back to me with this...
Is your car an Autotragic?

Old 09-13-2003, 07:42 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by 3.0HO

Not all autos are slow

And you win some and lose some

BTW what is a talon GSI?
Old 09-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I know you don't want to hear it, but it doesn't surprise me that the SE-R edges you out. The old school SE-Rs are actually pretty quick little rides for what they have. If your buddy has I/E/ignition advance mods on the SE-R, he can potentially be in the 14s. Your best so far is a 15.7@89mph. My buddy went 15.6@87mph in his bonestock 125K mile SE-R in the dead of summer.

Dave
Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sorry to hear but yeah u should have beat him. i'm not sure what the prob could be, how may miles? need more details...
I have about 76K miles....

yes

I know you don't want to hear it, but it doesn't surprise me that the SE-R edges you out. The old school SE-Rs are actually pretty quick little rides for what they have. If your buddy has I/E/ignition advance mods on the SE-R, he can potentially be in the 14s. Your best so far is a 15.7@89mph. My buddy went 15.6@87mph in his bonestock 125K mile SE-R in the dead of summer.

Dave
I dont doubt the SER at all...i know its quick. Im just saying that before i installed my y-pipe we were dead even in the dead of summer, almost identical track times. But now after ive had my y-pipe installed for a few months i cant even hang with him. And my best run was stock back in January of 02 i think. All i had then was GAB with K&N drop in and thats it. Anyway....thats all for now....
Old 09-14-2003, 09:46 AM

yes

I dont doubt the SER at all...i know its quick. Im just saying that before i installed my y-pipe we were dead even in the dead of summer, almost identical track times. But now after ive had my y-pipe installed for a few months i cant even hang with him. And my best run was stock back in January of 02 i think. All i had then was GAB with K&N drop in and thats it. Anyway....thats all for now....
did you do the 60k tuneup?? if not when was the last time u had one?
Old 09-14-2003, 01:03 PM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by bags533
Not all autos are slow

And you win some and lose some

BTW what is a talon GSI?
2k-2k1 autos?

Old 09-14-2003, 01:05 PM
3.0HO

yes

Check the flex section on your aftermarket Y.

Old 09-15-2003, 10:24 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by 3.0HO
2k-2k1 autos?

Mine
Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Not a surprise...he's 5spd and you are 4spd auto. It's all about the gearing ESPECIALY once you hit 3rd.

You only took him off the line, because he doesn't know how to launch.