5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey all. I picked up a 2000 Maxima SE about 3 weeks ago with 116k miles on it. Car is lowered on BC coilovers, short shifter and carbon tails. I have since added a 7 inch screen. Not looking to get fancy with this car but just drive it for a while.

Couple things I've noticed with the car that I need help with:

The car is dog slow. I know this car is a porker but I thought with a 5 Speed and the V6 it would have more pep than this. I have noticed that when I shift out of every gear from 2000-2500 RPM I have a noticeable lack of power. I have changed the MAF, fuel pump and air filter. These changes have helped slightly but the car still hesitates, what is causing this?

Is there a good way to boost my AM signal? After adding in the 7", I noticed my espn signal has dropped drastically and I get a constant whistle.

Also, when I'm leaving the gears and normally driving, I notice there is a "humming Like" sound coming from the front. I can't distinguish if it's axles or anything.

But that's the end of my rants. Hopefully you all can provide some guidance.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
As I read this, I am of the opinion that you don't have a Maxima, you have a Pathfinder. If you had a Maxima, the camshaft and crankshaft sensors were the subject of a recall on the 2002 and 2003 models. It covered the passenger car style vehicles in the Nissan and Infiniti lines. The Pathfinder was not included.

How long ago did you replace the camshaft sensors?
Two summers ago.
Yes I have a pathfinder as in my Sig.
I didn't know about the recall.
On the pathfinder forums there is no where near as much info on the P0021 and P0011 errors as on here. If you Google search you will see what I mean, that's how I found you guys two years ago.

With the P0021 error behaving as it does, the limp home goes as soon as the car is stopped and code cleared any suggestions on what to do next please.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by IanHen
Two summers ago.
Yes I have a pathfinder as in my Sig.
I didn't know about the recall.
On the pathfinder forums there is no where near as much info on the P0021 and P0011 errors as on here. If you Google search you will see what I mean, that's how I found you guys two years ago.

With the P0021 error behaving as it does, the limp home goes as soon as the car is stopped and code cleared any suggestions on what to do next please.
Since you replaced the sensors 2 years ago, you would have gotten the new design. So the sensors are probably not the cause. They could be a result of the real culprit.

I wonder if you have a flakey MAF sensor. They can be bad and not cause a check engine code. You can't really test those things and they are expensive to be replacing as a guess. You could get one from a salvage yard, it would be a lot less expensive.

You could also try cleaning/tightening the ground connections on the engine block.

These intermittent problems are difficult. I have the same thing with an oxygen sensor code after driving on the highway. At least my problem doesn't cause limp mode.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Since you replaced the sensors 2 years ago, you would have gotten the new design. So the sensors are probably not the cause. They could be a result of the real culprit.

I wonder if you have a flakey MAF sensor. They can be bad and not cause a check engine code. You can't really test those things and they are expensive to be replacing as a guess. You could get one from a salvage yard, it would be a lot less expensive.

You could also try cleaning/tightening the ground connections on the engine block.

These intermittent problems are difficult. I have the same thing with an oxygen sensor code after driving on the highway. At least my problem doesn't cause limp mode.
Thanks for the input.
I plan to put on a new crank sensor as this was part of the recall.

I looked at it on the NHTSA web site and figure that's the next obvious thing to try.

Why doesnt my Sig show up when its there when I preview ?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by pintobean11
Hey all. I picked up a 2000 Maxima SE about 3 weeks ago with 116k miles on it.
Couple things I've noticed with the car that I need help with:

The car is dog slow. I know this car is a porker but I thought with a 5 Speed and the V6 it would have more pep than this. I have noticed that when I shift out of every gear from 2000-2500 RPM I have a noticeable lack of power. I have changed the MAF, fuel pump and air filter. These changes have helped slightly but the car still hesitates, what is causing this?

Is there a good way to boost my AM signal? After adding in the 7", I noticed my espn signal has dropped drastically and I get a constant whistle.

Also, when I'm leaving the gears and normally driving, I notice there is a "humming Like" sound coming from the front. I can't distinguish if it's axles or anything.

But that's the end of my rants. Hopefully you all can provide some guidance.
bump
Old 08-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dennis, I bought another master window switch online and put it in. Everything works perfect now, thanks for your help!

That reset button is for a very specific situation and does nothing any other time. It is for when the window closes and than drops back down an inch or two.

You are correct about that switch you bought. Each year of the 5th gen Maxima uses a different switch. It is possible for the driver's door master switch to be the cause of both problems, but it is also possible that you need both switches. These switches have a microprocessor in them and are easily damaged when someone changes the step/entry lights in the door panel and shorts the contacts together.

The master window switch in the driver's door has a 80+ percent chance of being the problem. If you want to replace that switch and try it that way, go ahead.

Otherwise I need more info to try to diagnose it.

Door lock:
Does the door lock from outside with the key?
Does the door lock with the remote?
Do all the doors lock with the key?
Do all the doors lock with the remote?
When you push the lock button on the window switch, do you hear anything?
If the door is locked and you press the button on the window switch, does the door unlock?

Window:
It does work from the driver's side, correct?
If the above is true, then it should also work from the remote, correct?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

03 MAX Noises

I own a 03 Max 6 Speed. I have two questions...

1)Every single time I cold start my car I hear a rattle as if somethings loose. It only happens on cold starts the rattle is fast about 10 seconds long then stops.:confused:

2.)When I'm on very heavy Rpm's like 2500/4000 I hear rattling under the car. I have full Exhaust I assumed it was maybe the clips that hold the exhaust but its not. The pipping isn't hitting anything any suggestions? (I do see a metal long plate under the car but i don't see the pippin rubbing on it :mad:
Old 08-14-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by PeteyStyle
I own a 03 Max 6 Speed. I have two questions...
1)Every single time I cold start my car I hear a rattle as if somethings loose. It only happens on cold starts the rattle is fast about 10 seconds long then stops.
Probably the timing chain. When the guides get some wear, you get a rattle until the oil pressure builds up to expand the tensioner.

2.)When I'm on very heavy Rpm's like 2500/4000 I hear rattling under the car. I have full Exhaust I assumed it was maybe the clips that hold the exhaust but its not. The pipping isn't hitting anything any suggestions? (I do see a metal long plate under the car but i don't see the pippin rubbing on it
The rattle could be any of the heat shields along the exhaust, like that long metal plate you mentioned. It may not be hitting anything, just rattling. Try wedging something that won't burst into flames around the heat shields and give it a test drive.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 AM

Alright guys..so I have an oil leak..Its a pretty big one as you can see in the pics. Do you guys have any idea where it's coming from? I've already been through one compressor and alternator. It looks like the the power steering pump is being hit as well. I've also noticed that near the serpentine belt tensioner is a lot of oil so it may be covered in oil. I tried to take a pic of that as well but it's too dark and I'll get a new one in the morning.

Now can I spray brake cleaner or electronics cleaner on anything to clean it off for now or just knock it all out at once?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bossmanreuben
Alright guys..so I have an oil leak..Its a pretty big one as you can see in the pics. Do you guys have any idea where it's coming from? I've already been through one compressor and alternator. It looks like the the power steering pump is being hit as well. I've also noticed that near the serpentine belt tensioner is a lot of oil so it may be covered in oil. I tried to take a pic of that as well but it's too dark and I'll get a new one in the morning. Now can I spray brake cleaner or electronics cleaner on anything to clean it off for now or just knock it all out at once?
Check your valve covers and go crazy with some simple green.

It's a lot easier to tell where a leak is coming from when it's all cleaned up.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 AM

Alright guys..so I have an oil leak..Its a pretty big one as you can see in the pics. Do you guys have any idea where it's coming from? I've already been through one compressor and alternator. It looks like the the power steering pump is being hit as well. I've also noticed that near the serpentine belt tensioner is a lot of oil so it may be covered in oil. I tried to take a pic of that as well but it's too dark and I'll get a new one in the morning.
I think Fakie has it nailed. The valve cover behind the radiator is probably the culprit. All the air that blows through the engine compartment is just spreading it around.

Use any soap type cleaner to clean the engine and look to see where the oil is coming from before replacing any parts.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone bought Tokico Illumina TunersDepot.com? I don't know any other websites that sells Tokico Illumina for my 02 Max.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Check your valve covers and go crazy with some simple green.

It's a lot easier to tell where a leak is coming from when it's all cleaned up.
Alright so should I go to one of the quarter washes, spray the engine (including alternator) with some diluted simple green, wash it, and dry it using the hoses? The reason i ask this is because my apartment complex would probably have a heart attack if they seen me doing this outside.

Last edited by Bossmanreuben; 08-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:34 PM

I used to use those car washes. I would use the soapy spray first and than a water spray to clean the soap off. I sprayed everything under the hood. just keep the nozzle about 6 - 12 inches back for the soap spray and for the rinse, it doesn't have to be that close at all, 2 - 3 feet. You will probably need to rinse the fenders and windshield.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM
RR5

Alright so should I go to one of the quarter washes, spray the engine (including alternator) with some diluted simple green, wash it, and dry it using the hoses? The reason i ask this is because my apartment complex would probably have a heart attack if they seen me doing this outside.
Yup, get some degreaser from a parts store then head to the coin wash and go to down under the hood. Follow up with the clear coat protectant to make everything shine. Again you don't have to be so close and use some what quick over lapping motions.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 AM

I keep hearing that the 2002 Nissan Maxmia had a recall for the Cam sensor. But I talked to Nissan Care and they said that mine is not under the recall. But I am still having cam sensor issues (it's hella annoying, rough idle and all). For me to even have Nissan look at it at the dealer, it's a $99 diags fee. Damn. Any help or tips guys?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by kingkai1990
I keep hearing that the 2002 Nissan Maxmia had a recall for the Cam sensor. But I talked to Nissan Care and they said that mine is not under the recall. But I am still having cam sensor issues (it's hella annoying, rough idle and all). For me to even have Nissan look at it at the dealer, it's a $99 diags fee. Damn. Any help or tips guys?
How do you know that your problem is the sensor? Did you make that decision because of the recall or have you or someone do diagnostics?

Recalls do not always cover all cars. It may cover only cars from one specific assembly plant or cars using a part from a certain supplier, etc. If you are going to take the car to a dealer, there really isn't much you can do.

If you are not the fix it yourself type, then all you can do is bite the bullet and take it to a shop.

Sorry.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 AM

How do you know that your problem is the sensor? Did you make that decision because of the recall or have you or someone do diagnostics?

Recalls do not always cover all cars. It may cover only cars from one specific assembly plant or cars using a part from a certain supplier, etc. If you are going to take the car to a dealer, there really isn't much you can do.

If you are not the fix it yourself type, then all you can do is bite the bullet and take it to a shop.

Sorry.
I took it to Meineke. You think I should just take it to the Nissan dealer instead?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM

I took it to Meineke. You think I should just take it to the Nissan dealer instead?
There are a lot of incompetent repair shops out there and there are a lot of incompetent dealers. It's a real crap-shoot and I can't recommend any place that I don't know.

You probably have a better chance of getting a decent guarantee from Meineke then you do from the dealer. See what their guarantee is if you have them do the work and the car still has the problem.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Hello all, my car a 03' Max would periodically stall when I came to a full stop. Engine light came on and it finally got a code(P0340). Auto zone states "Cam shaft pos sensor bank 1." Okay I take it to a Nissan service center and they replace it. I pick the car up and it has trouble starting. Now, prior them replacing the part, it would start at the turn of the key, no lie. Always started like a champ.

NOW, it has to turn over at least 5-6 times before it would start. I'm so pissed. I'm taking it to them tomorrow but what would cause that to happen if they were just replacing a part? It doesn't stall now but idles low as well. Thanks for any response..��

**Update..Yesterday Nissan replaced the camshaft postion sensor they installed last Friday as it was faulty..Car runs well, for now. No cost to me.

Last edited by TTYME; 08-27-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Need a Sound system!!!

Ok I have a 03 maxima, and it is time for a new sound system. I don't want a competition system but don't want cheap either. Can anyone suggest a good head unit and speakers. Again this just my daily driver for now. I am going to install the system myself to offset the cost, need some ideas, budget $250.00. (Head unit and 4 speakers). Thank you.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 AM

Can i run an o2 sensor with a test pipe? And it perform correctly and turn off my ses light. ..if not what sinulator or is there a thread about simulators
Old 08-27-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lilyjanay
Ok I have a 03 maxima, and it is time for a new sound system. I don't want a competition system but don't want cheap either. Can anyone suggest a good head unit and speakers. Again this just my daily driver for now. I am going to install the system myself to offset the cost, need some ideas, budget $250.00. (Head unit and 4 speakers). Thank you.

I just purchased this below. You said $250 but I guess that included speakers. I'm enjoying this is head unit as it's simple, user friendly and has many features of head units today.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR9...T.html?tp=5684
Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TTYME
I just purchased this below. You said $250 but I guess that included speakers. I'm enjoying this is head unit as it's simple, user friendly and has many features of head units today.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR9...T.html?tp=5684

That is nice but that is above my budget, because I need 4 speakers as well.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Acceleration issues

Ok I have 5th gen Maxima with great acceleration off the line (green light). The only problem is that it is sluggish when accelerating from 10-60. It shakes a little bit then catches on and them I'm good. Any idea on what the issues could be.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lilyjanay
Ok I have 5th gen Maxima with great acceleration off the line (green light). The only problem is that it is sluggish when accelerating from 10-60. It shakes a little bit then catches on and them I'm good. Any idea on what the issues could be.
You could be having engine mis-fire but that should cause the check engine light to come on. Maybe the light bulb is burned out. Take the car to an auto parts store and ask them to read the check engine codes.

Is the transmission down shifting when you try accelerating while moving?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:42 AM

You could be having engine mis-fire but that should cause the check engine light to come on. Maybe the light bulb is burned out. Take the car to an auto parts store and ask them to read the check engine codes.

Is the transmission down shifting when you try accelerating while moving?

No, it just hesitates when I accelerate in motion. The check engine light blinks on when I start and goes off. But I will take it to the auto parts store to see if I could get a reading
Old 08-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Maxima 2003

Hello All,
I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima my check engine light is on and the codes that came up are P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2& P0328 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input Bank 1. My car is loud when I accelerate and there is also a rattling noise. My car has cut off on me about three times in the last two months but it starts back up. I was told that I need a new Catalytic Converter (bank 2) which is the front catalytic converter. Now I'm looking for a Catalytic converter online but unsure of where to go as they look different. I have been reading threads and posts on different forums and sites. I also need a center exhaust pipe, rear exhaust pipe and a muffler. If you have had the same codes and there was a cheaper way out that you used please let me know. I appreciate it
Old 08-30-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by shahmeeka
Hello All,
I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima my check engine light is on and the codes that came up are P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2& P0328 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input Bank 1. My car is loud when I accelerate and there is also a rattling noise. My car has cut off on me about three times in the last two months but it starts back up. I was told that I need a new Catalytic Converter (bank 2) which is the front catalytic converter. Now I'm looking for a Catalytic converter online but unsure of where to go as they look different. I have been reading threads and posts on different forums and sites. I also need a center exhaust pipe, rear exhaust pipe and a muffler. If you have had the same codes and there was a cheaper way out that you used please let me know. I appreciate it
What many people will do is gut (knock all the insides out of) the catalytic converter. You have to be very certain that you get it all out as the stuff is a ceramic and with exhaust gas recirculation, some of it will be sucked into the intake manifold and then into the cylinders. And that is not a good thing at all.

Don't worry about the knock sensor code. That code always pops up anytime there is a check engine light. Fix the P0430 and the knock sensor code will probably go away. If the P0430 code is fixed and gone, but the knock sensor code is still present, then it is for real.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:09 PM

Not too new but i have a question for those that have done a non-power cloth to powered leather conversions.
My cars an 02 se. drivers seat is powered; non heated. I purchased a complete set i "believe" from an 02. Im reading there are some differences in 03.
I have pulled up the heated seat switches from under the center console taped to the right of cupholders area. Right next to it was a larger taped down harness...i ran this thru the carpet to the passenger ground inlet thinking that it was it. .
I have had the carpet pulled a little to check around the seat beam/center console side.I am not seeing any more harnesses....
The passenger seat has at least 2 (yellow and white) plugs with no matching wires on car end to plug into.

I think it must be said Not all maxes come prewired- even se trim. Perhaps the se with the auto climate control has other internal changes (ie the plug and play seats)
Can anyone assist on whats next to get seats to power/heated.
I have the heat switches plugged in but from there i have nothing connected to seat except seat belt warning.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by a33_ridah
Not too new but i have a question for those that have done a non-power cloth to powered leather conversions.
My cars an 02 se. drivers seat is powered; non heated. I purchased a complete set i "believe" from an 02. Im reading there are some differences in 03.
I have pulled up the heated seat switches from under the center console taped to the right of cupholders area. Right next to it was a larger taped down harness...i ran this thru the carpet to the passenger ground inlet thinking that it was it. .
I have had the carpet pulled a little to check around the seat beam/center console side.I am not seeing any more harnesses....
The passenger seat has at least 2 (yellow and white) plugs with no matching wires on car end to plug into.

I think it must be said Not all maxes come prewired- even se trim. Perhaps the se with the auto climate control has other internal changes (ie the plug and play seats)
Can anyone assist on whats next to get seats to power/heated.
I have the heat switches plugged in but from there i have nothing connected to seat except seat belt warning.
This subject has been kicked around before. The conclusion is that not all cars are pre-wired. I tend to believe this as there are 13 different part numbers for the harness that goes under the seat and the model plays a part.

However, there is nothing to indicate what the differences are.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

02 max gle keeps dying

my car keeps dying even after jump..

shayna27ForumsNew PostsSubscriptionsMessagesLog Out"">Home*/*5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)

* #1**Today 07:55 PM by*shayna27Yesterday I put the car in drive and hit the gas. . Car barely moved. I reversed and tried again... confused I shut the car off and when I tried to turn it back on it wont start. .. I had some guys come look at it he jumped it it started. He hooked the cumputer code reader thing to my car and said the transmission solanoid was stuck and he reset it. .. my car had been leeking alot of oil he replaced the seal for the oil pan and told me everythong was good.. I drove to my moms 5 min away ran in came out car starts fine .. while I was driving about 10 min away the car stoped excelerating abs light airbag light were all blinking I pulled over shut the car off then wouldnt start.. I went back today had it jumped but it wouldnt stay running even when I heldd my foot on the gas with in a min it died... PLEASE HELP
Old 09-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Seata

Do anyone know where I can get a decent pair front seats (tan, leather) or a seat motor for the drivers side? I have seen all the post where people tap on the seat motor and it works. I just can't get it to do anything...
Old 09-01-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mandel
Do anyone know where I can get a decent pair front seats (tan, leather) or a seat motor for the drivers side? I have seen all the post where people tap on the seat motor and it works. I just can't get it to do anything...
junkyard or classifieds
Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by shayna27

shayna27ForumsNew PostsSubscriptionsMessagesLog Out"">Home*/*5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)

* #1**Today 07:55 PM by*shayna27Yesterday I put the car in drive and hit the gas. . Car barely moved. I reversed and tried again... confused I shut the car off and when I tried to turn it back on it wont start. .. I had some guys come look at it he jumped it it started. He hooked the cumputer code reader thing to my car and said the transmission solanoid was stuck and he reset it. .. my car had been leeking alot of oil he replaced the seal for the oil pan and told me everythong was good.. I drove to my moms 5 min away ran in came out car starts fine .. while I was driving about 10 min away the car stoped excelerating abs light airbag light were all blinking I pulled over shut the car off then wouldnt start.. I went back today had it jumped but it wouldnt stay running even when I heldd my foot on the gas with in a min it died... PLEASE HELP
It sounds like you may have a bad alternator and the battery is not getting re-charged. Get the alternator checked/tested. A lesser probability is that your MAF is bad.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:06 PM

OK so I paid the damn diags fee for Nissan to tell me its the spark plugs. ****, but they want $500 for it. Anyplace that does spark plugs cheapr ?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 AM

OK so I paid the damn diags fee for Nissan to tell me its the spark plugs. ****, but they want $500 for it. Anyplace that does spark plugs cheapr ?
It sounds like you have a 2002 or a 2003. The upper intake manifold has to be taken off in order to change the spark plugs.

Start shopping around for a less expensive mechanic.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM

It sounds like you have a 2002 or a 2003. The upper intake manifold has to be taken off in order to change the spark plugs.

Start shopping around for a less expensive mechanic.
Yeah, it's 2002 Nissan Maxima SE.

Should I buy the parts myself? And do I need the ignition coils?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:21 AM

Yeah, it's 2002 Nissan Maxima SE.

Should I buy the parts myself? And do I need the ignition coils?
You do not need to replace the ignition coils when you change the spark plugs.

If you buy the spark plugs and gasket(s) yourself, you might get them cheaper than the dealer. It depends on where you buy them at. I always buy my gaskets at Nissan because they have the cheapest prices, which I find amazing. But that doesn't apply to spark plugs.

Lists price at the dealer is $13 each. Some dealers discount, others don't.
Courtesy Nissan charges $9.74 each for spark plugs plus a shipping charge.
Amazon.com charges $7.99 each and shipping is free if you buy 6.
Good old Sears charges $24 each! plus shipping charges. EEK!

If you are not going to do the work yourself, there are other considerations. Some places won't let you bring in your own parts. The independent repair shops may charge a lower labor charge, but many times they will charge crazy prices for the parts (like Sears). You have to shop around and ask questions.

One thing, use the NGK PLFR5A-11 (NGK part # 6240) spark plug that Nissan recommends. There are a few other brands that will work for you, but there are a lot that won't. Stick to NGK.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 AM

You do not need to replace the ignition coils when you change the spark plugs.

If you buy the spark plugs and gasket(s) yourself, you might get them cheaper than the dealer. It depends on where you buy them at. I always buy my gaskets at Nissan because they have the cheapest prices, which I find amazing. But that doesn't apply to spark plugs.

Lists price at the dealer is $13 each. Some dealers discount, others don't.
Courtesy Nissan charges $9.74 each for spark plugs plus a shipping charge.
Amazon.com charges $7.99 each and shipping is free if you buy 6.
Good old Sears charges $24 each! plus shipping charges. EEK!

If you are not going to do the work yourself, there are other considerations. Some places won't let you bring in your own parts. The independent repair shops may charge a lower labor charge, but many times they will charge crazy prices for the parts (like Sears). You have to shop around and ask questions.

One thing, use the NGK PLFR5A-11 (NGK part # 6240) spark plug that Nissan recommends. There are a few other brands that will work for you, but there are a lot that won't. Stick to NGK.
Yeah, I wanted to do the work with my self using some available guides. Though I will talk to some places and see how much they charge. I don't want to pay more than $100 in labor. But whatever way the water flows....

Quick Reply: 5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread