5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Alternate possibilities besides IACV/ECU for P0505

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 PM

Alternate possibilities besides IACV/ECU for P0505

So I had the code. I bought a new IACV, opened the ECU, saw absolutely no sign of damage or smell, so went with just the IACV. Took it to the stealership for idle relearn. They "had to make multiple attempts, and finally got it to take." Drove off short time later it's back.

There are differences though.

On the original IACV it would do this open valve idle where it would just rev up and sit around 2500 rpm. That would occur wherever I had the clutch pushed in.

On the new one, it just hovers between 1000 and 1500. The really strange thing is it only does it when I'm rolling with the clutch pressed coming to a stop. Once I am actually stopped it settles right around 1200.

In light of that I am hoping maybe there's an alternate possibility? I've read some mentions of Throttle position sensor or Crankshaft position sensor, but not what the symptoms were to indicate those.

If there's no suggestions other than the obvious, can someone suggest the current go to for ECU repair and/or sales? Thank you.