Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #1

Points: 5,495, Level: 47 Points: 5,495, Level: 47 Points: 5,495, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ground Wire Diagram and/or Ground Wire Kits

Can anyone please provide a diagram of all the grounding points on an 01 Maxima?

Also, does anyone know of a place online or store location that sells 4 or 8 gauge grounding kits for Maxima's?

I've searched around and found activetuning.com, but they no longer seem to be carrying these kits in stock anymore...

http://www.activetuning.com/products...KT/gallery.php

If no kits are available online, then I'll probably have to measure and go the custom route I guess.

But just to ask, hs anyone done a custom ground wire job on there Max already, with measurements included?

I searched around, but all I found was this link from Scottwax...

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...questions.html

If anyone can relay a link or provide any info on this, it would be very much appreciated as my battery is on its last leg and I want to put in all new grounds before I replace the battery itself.

Thanks in advance.
SmokinMax02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmohr View Post
If your stock grounding points are all in good shape, a grounding kit isn't going to help much at all. Just start by cleaning up everything that's already there before you've got wires running all around the engine bay.
No, they are pretty corroded all around, which is why Im going to replace them before installing a new battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmohr View Post
If you must go the grounding kit route, why don't you just get a roll of wire, a handful of connectors and do everything as you go? That way you can choose where you want the ground wires to go, rather than relying on someone else's design.
Already thought about this as stated per my original post, however, if someone has already provided a diagram and/or how to, then I dont see any problem with using someone else design as a guide to help me and fellow org members along the way.

Do you happen have a link or diagram of all the ground points on an 01, (perhaps its in the FSM?), and/or the measurements for each wire?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by SmokinMax02; 07-26-2009 at 08:57 PM..
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
The Dirty Pearl

Points: 22,907, Level: 93 Points: 22,907, Level: 93 Points: 22,907, Level: 93

Not even going to bother. If you truly believe that I don't help people on the org, then it's not even worth conversing with you.

Learn how to search, and you'll find the wire lengths exactly as I did.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #4

Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39
Activity: 0.2%
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
^^ stop it guys!! lol
Old 07-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #5

Points: 6,688, Level: 53 Points: 6,688, Level: 53 Points: 6,688, Level: 53
Activity: 2.2%
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
from a search of the site I came across this thread might be helpfull on the grounding points http://www.activetuning.com/products...stallation.php

Sig. Rendered By Rochester

Llumar 20% /FSTB /SRI /BPI Stack /*17 Adv. /ATE Rotors & Pads / 6000k HID Fogs /2x10 Subs & 1000w amp. /GoodYear 235/45/17 /Budget B pipe & Vibrant Exhaust /LED Int. Lighting /Chrome Gauge Rings /Viper Security /F&R ES MM & Sub Bushings /Sm Markers /KYB GR2's-S-Techs /Cus block plate-VIAS del /NWP Spacers /Stillen Lip & Rear Valance

Maxima's FSM's

Nissan "How To"

Owensfamily TSB's
Ghost_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_54 View Post
from a search of the site I came across this thread might be helpfull on the grounding points http://www.activetuning.com/products...stallation.php

Perfect!

Thank you very much, Ghost.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement