5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Umnitza Predator Orion V2 = SUCKS.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Umnitza Predator Orion V2 = SUCKS.

So, this is just a quick review of these items, installed on a member's whip today. These are supposed to be the mother of all angel eyes, and to that end, in terms of light output, they are. These things are f00king IMPRESSIVE. But...for anyone considering these, BE FOREWARNED, cracking open your headlights is just the start of your troubles.

(1) You will need to mod. Hmmm. Ah, oh wait, you will need to cut BOTH angel eyes in order to make them even fit. On the larger ring, you will need to notch a section of the top retainer bar to make it even fit as the power wire interferes with mounting to the circle.

Ok, on to the second one. You'd think that if it comes with little alligator clips, in molded plastic, it's be a direct fit. WRONG. They are too far apart. So again, break out the rotary tool and shave the clips off. AWESOME, Now to see...

(2) Fitment SUCKS.
So let's start with the smaller of the two rings. I would say that you will get about maybe a 75% agreement with the center line of the eye and the ring...but it fits...if you play with it, but make sure you do so fast before your adhesive cures. Ugh.

Ok, on to the larger ring. WHAT THE F*CK. Not even close, guys. It's a matter of making it look as good as you can manipulate to come even.

(3) VARIABLE LIGHT COLOR?!
Yes, you heard me right. I don't know how much Umnitza knows about LEDs, or supplier quality, or maybe they do and don't care, but bottom line is... YOU DON'T MIX FINAL PRODUCT PACKS WITH VARIABLE BATCHES OF LEDS! ...but they do. How do I know? See the pics below.

In summary, I would NOT recommend these to ANYONE on the .org. The light output is awesome. But their fit quality is subpar, and QC is asleep at the tollgate waking only to charge an arm and a leg for it's "flagship" product. I also find it insulting that they tout the size as being 12X on the box...which would lead me to believe that these are designed with certain measurements in mind and fabricated to be applicable to many simlar vehicles, but not a precision fit, but touted as such. YES, I should have tested them ahead of time...lesson learned. Bigger lesson? Shop elsewhere.

THIS IS THEIR OWN ADVERTISMENT SHOWING TWO DIFFERENT COLOR OUTPUTS! WTF!!!

Last edited by Metal Maxima; 10-02-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
RR5

Why do I keep thinking it's a simple matter of popping out the crappy LED's and popping in some quality LED's?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 PM

have any other suggestions of which angel eyes to get?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Play with my balls

I will never buy another Umnitza product. They use to be great in their customer service and products, but after numerous runnins with unwanted hassle, and the good ole, "Well Sorry" and the new V2 are subpar horrible and expensive, I won't be one of the returning customers. This last V2 deal and the release of the bigger rings left a bad taste in my mouth.

/rant
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Yeah I also have a bone to pick with them.

Ordered 50W HIDs from them and I don't really think they are 50w. There is no writing on the box it came in nor any writing on the the HID ballasts signaling that it is a 50w HID kit. But on the HID bulb it says 35w so to be honest these guys are as cheap as possible when it comes to there GARBAGE products, I have half the mind to report them.

DO NOT BUY FROM UMN****ZA

Last edited by nismology; 10-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Turbo'd Saab

This should also make an interesting read

http://e60.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301721
Old 10-03-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kquezada28
have any other suggestions of which angel eyes to get?

http://maxpowercustoms.com/default.aspx
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by RR5
Why do I keep thinking it's a simple matter of popping out the crappy LED's and popping in some quality LED's?
Yeah, that's a great idea in theory, but you'd THINK the manufacturer would have due foresight to NOT mix and match LED batches.

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
This last V2 deal and the release of the bigger rings left a bad taste in my mouth.
It's a beautiful ploy, I gotta tip my hat to them for that. Manufacture a product with a mounting base that will fit a multitude of vehicles yet ADVERTISE it's VEHICLE SPECIFIC. They could have, at the least, tired to cover this up on the box and state 5.5gen Maxima (or facsimile) no SIZE = 12x.

The long list of dissatisfied customers seems to further back my point, goddamn am I pissed.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:54 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear

New post in that thread, I see...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:28 AM

yeah all their **** is garbage....could have told ya that!

Originally Posted by Merovingian7
^ +1
Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Drunkie the swear filter is there for a reason.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM

bottom line...

lambo doors belong on lambos

LED striped headlights belong on audis

halos belong on bimmers

/
Old 10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by NissanTun3r

halos belong on bimmers
Wow, great counterpoint. Your logic of OE should remain OE is crap, counselor. Just sayin'.

That's not the bottom line at all. This is an ENTHUSIASTS community...all we're asking for are QUALITY products. Would you be happy if dual tip exhaust had one tip with a slightly smaller OD then the other? 15-spoke wheels for the front, 13-spoke wheels for the back? HIDs with 8k in one, 6.5k in the other? All slight differences, but different nonetheless...particularly for what was paid in this case.

And FTR: It does get better then "When Micheal Bolton sings...", one thing I can think of is getting what one paid for and having it perform as advertised.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
bottom line...

lambo doors belong on lambos

halos belong on bimmers

/
LOL, go use more purple on your car.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by Stormzusmc
LOL, go use more purple on your car.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I love lamp.

I should add a couple things. Purchased my rings as an upgrade to the thinlines (don't get me started with those things). So I didn't have a wire harness.

1. What is with the fact the smaller rings have 2 harnesses, and the larger ring has only 1? I think that's part of the reason why the bigger rings look dimmer or different color. Basically you have more load on that 1 harness vs splitting the load on over 2.

2. I was given 1 circuit board that you can plug in 2 harnesses and 1 to plug in 4 harnesses. With how short the harnesses are off the rings...it doesn't work so well. So I have to harnesses, which now turns this into one big mess of wires. I don't know what the harness that is suppose to be with the kit is like...so maybe the problem is just with me.

S
Old 10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Toolie

I posted my pics of my wonderful HID kit on that forum as well.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM

The thinlines were HORRIBLE!! but Umnitza customer service was great to me and replaced anything that didn't work. I upgraded to the V2s for obvious reasons, and other than false advertising about the size and fitment of these, mine have worked great for the year I've had them. A few minutes with a Dremel tool and they were fine. Sure, they didn't EXACTLY match the size of the headlight housing, but you can't see that when they're on. They look amazing and I wouldn't want any of the other 'angel eyes' on the market. Nothing else is even close to bright enough. My colors matched perfectly and I guarantee Umnitza would have no problem replacing any that didn't match color. (not very good foresight in the first place, and annoying, but fixable) Because of my experience with the V2s, I think they're a great product. But I agree completely that Umnitza has exhibited some serious flaws that could EASILY be remedied. Come on Umnitza! I love the V2s but for something that is clearly the best, brightest product of its kind on the market, you'd think it'd be color-matched/sized right, etc etc...
Old 10-03-2009, 04:51 PM

ouch...sorry to hear about the problems...different colored LED from the same kit = wtf
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Turbo'd Saab

bump as a reminder why not to buy from these guys
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I also have a bone to pick with them.

Ordered 50W HIDs from them and I don't really think they are 50w. There is no writing on the box it came in nor any writing on the the HID ballasts signaling that it is a 50w HID kit. But on the HID bulb it says 35w so to be honest these guys are as cheap as possible when it comes to there GARBAGE products, I have half the mind to report them.
Report us for what? You got an accidentally mislabeled bulb that shouldn't have been labeled 35W?

How about proof that all we buy is 50W kits? But first you want to flame on the forum before getting your facts straight.

We don't bite, except when bitten first - Next time, please try spending the same time writing a post to write us a quick email.

It's only interesting from the level of lunacy that customer exhibited by keeping a product installed for 4+ months and only after 4 months asking to refund in full before we had a chance to work with him on the issue, he proceeded to attempt to blackmail us with postings like that one.

Let me be clear, we work with all customers that may have an issue, but if you attempt to blackmail us to get a result, that's when all communication stops.

Originally Posted by jowo9
The thinlines were HORRIBLE!! but Umnitza customer service was great to me and replaced anything that didn't work. I upgraded to the V2s for obvious reasons, and other than false advertising about the size and fitment of these, mine have worked great for the year I've had them. A few minutes with a Dremel tool and they were fine. Sure, they didn't EXACTLY match the size of the headlight housing, but you can't see that when they're on. They look amazing and I wouldn't want any of the other 'angel eyes' on the market. Nothing else is even close to bright enough. My colors matched perfectly and I guarantee Umnitza would have no problem replacing any that didn't match color. (not very good foresight in the first place, and annoying, but fixable) Because of my experience with the V2s, I think they're a great product. But I agree completely that Umnitza has exhibited some serious flaws that could EASILY be remedied. Come on Umnitza! I love the V2s but for something that is clearly the best, brightest product of its kind on the market, you'd think it'd be color-matched/sized right, etc etc...
IF there is a mistake in color, our factory - which we believe is the best we've ever worked with - will replace it immediately. Again, at NO cost to the customer if it's not installed. Obviously, if it's installed, there will be costs associated that we will have to work with each customer to determine.

----
To the Original Poster.

Your issue is serious and needed to be addressed before you had installed them. As it is, we're willing and able to work with you to resolve this to your satisfaction if you can please email us your information, we prefer to handle this on email unless you would otherwise like to discuss on the phone.

What we will need to resolve this quickly and effectively is photos from the front of the different colors exhibited and issues you have in a concise email with your order information and date of order.
EDIT: photos other than those posted here, best to show them during the day.

Last edited by umnitza; 10-05-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by umnitza
Your issue is serious...
Well, that's certainly a comfort to hear. I'll email you tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: photos other than those posted here, best to show them during the day.
Uhhhhh, maybe I'm missing something here, but won't a daytime shot be somewhat worthless? Isn't that going to wash the colors out completely? I can provide them, but one would hope that what you see here is strikingly obvious.

What we will need to resolve this quickly and effectively is photos from the front of the different colors exhibited and issues you have in a concise email with your order information and date of order.
Yeah, you see, this is where it's going to be a bit frustrating for me. A fellow member took a 3 hour drive from MARYLAND so I could install these...so this is not something as simple to resolve, on my end, as removing everything one weeknight and performing the swap.

I will get in touch with him and get this all sorted out. I am assuming the order number is important to you can obtain traceability throughout your batching and the respective QC worker whom missed this. Thank-you for the follow-up.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

Dan, thanks for all the help and the initiative to get this worked out. Sorry for the delay with my follow up. As you know the issues with my girlfriend, her well being comes before my car. I will be posting pics in your 5th gen classified thread once I get my led bulbs and 3m kit.

To all org members, Dan is a stand up guy and a very honest member. I recommend his work to anyone.

Originally Posted by umnitza
To the Original CUSTOMER.

Your issue is serious and needed to be addressed before you had installed them. As it is, we're willing and able to work with you to resolve this to your satisfaction if you can please email us your information, we prefer to handle this on email unless you would otherwise like to discuss on the phone.
pm has been sent to you sir with all of my information and detailed pictures. I truly hope this can be worked out in a professional way. Just to add to this thread, here are some daytime shots of the issues on hand.

Last edited by Teaner; 10-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Thanks for chiming in, John.

To all, let [us] do our part in attempting to have this situation resolved. I am going to be withholding any further commentary until a conclusion has been made in this matter.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Ick on those pics...good luck man
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Like I said before... wrong colors sent = mistake... but not unfixable! Like I also said, Umnitza has been completely awesome with making sure they took care of any problems I had and I'm sure they'd do the same for anyone else... I just sent them friendly, civilized emails and they were more than willing to help. My experience with Umnitza has been that, even though the intitial product sent had defects, they were fast and very reasonable with how they replaced it. Also, I believe, as I said previously, that they have a product in the V2s that is superior to all others of its kind. I would say the thinlines really suck, but IMO, Umnitza Predator Orion V2 = AWESOME

Last edited by jowo9; 10-05-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 PM

so they will fix the color issue but the fitment is still crap?... I was actually considering to buy them too. Metal max would you recommend maxpower customs as a better product overall? have you installed any of their products?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

^^we did have to modify the eyes a little bit to fit onto the OEM rings. Nothing a little dremel couldn't fix.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
so they will fix the color issue but the fitment is still crap?... I was actually considering to buy them too. Metal max would you recommend maxpower customs as a better product overall? have you installed any of their products?
-the fitment is not 'crap'. You need either 2 minutes with a dremel tool, or some pliers and 10 minutes rubbing the broken ends of the clips on your driveway to smooth them out (yes, i've actually done that when I didn't have my dremel ) They don't fit 'perfectly' around the rings of the housing, but you definitely can't tell when they're completely installed. Nothing else will be this bright, and with angel eyes, they wont get noticed unless they're bright. trust me. Those CCFL tube ones just won't cut it, no matter what kind they are. Just my opinion.

Last edited by jowo9; 10-05-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:08 PM

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I see Umnitza is STILL ripping Maxima owner's off with extremely overpriced BMW crap that doesn't fit on Maximas. I got ripped off by Umnitza a few years ago with their ridiculously fragile Slimline angel eyes. What overpriced Pieces of CRAP!!!! They were so fragile I had two separate orders come in broken due to the shock they received in shipping. These were supposed to hold up in automotive use? Talk about $175.00+ completely down the drain. I still to this day have the stupid broken Slimlines installed in my driver's side headlight as a reminder to never EVER buy anything from those con-artists again.

The best part is Umnitza likes to paint themselves as having the finest quality stuff. The fact is I can go to any Ebay seller and get the same, if not better quality parts for a tenth of the price Umnitza charges. Damn, seeing this thread makes me want to put my "Stay away from Umnitza" sig back in.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 AM

Maybe this thread should be in the seller feedback forum?