5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2000 Infinit I-30 Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 02:43 PM

2000 Infinit I-30 Motor Mounts

When I start the car, the majority of the time the engine turns over smoothly. However, there are times when I feel what I will call excess jerking. It almost feels as if the engine is physically moving when the engine is turning over. Once running, everything is normal.

Could this be a motor mount problem? If so, what can I do? If you do not think it is motor mount, what possibly can it be?

Thanks!

Anovice
Old 12-02-2017, 03:36 PM

probably. if ur not lazy take them out and inspect it.

i've gone through 3 sets of chinease mounts ALL differently made from the molds to materials. some of them seems to be better made but they all broke on me.

i got sick of it and got poly mounts. there is vibration but all those chinease mounts will break so fk it. one less thing to worry about. Again, there is vibration at idle, but whatever.

also, this is 2018 just take your 4k cellphone out show us the actual problem.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:26 PM

Where can I find instructions on how to take them out and inspect?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Anovice
Where can I find instructions on how to take them out and inspect?
before taking them out..

pop the hood, have an amigo do some revs and shift the car from park to drive, start it etc. If you see a ton of movement, you know theyre bad. You can inspect the passenger side one easily. Its right next to the PS reservoir. Look at it with a light and look for cracks and/or rips. The front and back ones are most easily inspected from undeneath the car. The driver side one (trans mount) is best inspected by removing the intake.

Intake removal is super simple, theres surely information on how to do so somewhere.. but id first check the other 3 since you dont have to remove anything.

also, if the lower radiator support has rusted out and the crossmember is hanging, the mounts are certainly damaged.