5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!
Did mine, '01 SE but no different from your GXE, whithout much trouble. I used a 12" extension with a swivel joint to get at it. Also had to use a breaker bar (piece of pipe over the rachet handle) to get some additional leverage. Awkward to finally remove the bolt but doable. There's a very good write up with pictures in the DIY sticky...follow them, they work!
^^^Ya I did it similar. That rear bolt is quite long, has a lot of threads to it, ha. If I remember correctly I used a pair of 3" extensions and a deep socket along with a 6-8" pipe over the ratchet for torque.