5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My newest protoype

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, hopefully can find time to install them next week.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Toolie

As usual more people want these and i dont have any. so I am willing to start a new group deal. Price is going up 10 bucks to cover shipping increases. 160 shipped includes paypal.

Accepting non refundable 50 dollar deposits. Please check the link here.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
energy suspension makes the lower torque mounts, I make the upper side mounts. Same durometer, different mounts different place
EDIT: you just listed price.

Also does any one know what the hell is up the rear sub frame bushings? I bought ES bushings and they were for the cross bar under the engine and tranny. does ES or any one make durometer bushings for the rear sub frame? if not i'm gonna do the washer mod.

Really didn't plan of stiffening up my rust bucket this much, it used to be a luxury car.

Last edited by cdoublejj; 04-21-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Suspension Yoda

Knight_xyz made amazing subframe collars. Unsure if he's still doing them
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Toolie

I dont do sub frame collars. ES makes rear trailing arm bushings
Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM

so ES does not make sub frame collars. then what the hell was the guy selling the delrin washers talking about?

EDIT: what are the pros and cons of the lateral durometer mounts vs rubber? also do yours come with shiny new black paint like the teaser pics?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Toolie

you tell me

Old 04-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Suspension Yoda

I dont do sub frame collars. ES makes rear trailing arm bushings
Apologies, my recall was off. I was referring to these - but seems availability may be an issue.

Btw, these are for the FRONT subframe under the engine. Not the rear of the car.

https://maxima.org/forums/group-deal...e-collars.html
Old 04-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Toolie

i have set of trailing arm bushings and oem bolts for sale all in original bags
Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 PM

i get they are beefier but, in newbie theory the most forces applied are on the front rear. I guess my question is what affect they have the car if any? (aside form being longer longevity vs rubber)
Old 04-22-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
Apologies, my recall was off. I was referring to these - but seems availability may be an issue.

Btw, these are for the FRONT subframe under the engine. Not the rear of the car.

https://maxima.org/forums/group-deal...e-collars.html
I think that might be the same guy i'm talking on gmail right now. The guy i'm talking to makes his form delrin to reduce noise and adsorb vibration better. these ones put pressure on the bushing to make them tighter and stiffer. So that way the unibody isn't taking all that force and you get even less vibration while still getting the handling boost.

...Now how in the HELL does that work rotted out rubber bushings? sure you can get new rubber bushing IF they available but, not go ***** to the wall and get durometer bushings and then shove the collars on there to increase the pressure tightness on the new durometer bushings. ...that is if durometer front and rear sub bushings even exist. ..or forget it all and do the washer mod.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Toolie

Stop your engine from bouncing around in your bay, lifts the engine about a 1/2" which helps if you are lowered, reduce wheel hop, better traction, your 6 speed shifter wont move around while driving
Old 04-29-2016, 07:16 AM

i have an auto. i saw a thread just now where a guys lateral mount is bulged out and it's causing major over steer. looks like not only does it affect traction but, handling too.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bumping this thread - I'm hoping to generate interest in the current buy.

My passenger side mount is shot!

I think there are at least 3 members currently on the list.

I think Knight needs 5 total for another batch.

Last edited by SquidBeak; 05-31-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:59 AM
Toolie

2 more guys will make 5 and we're good to go
Old 05-31-2016, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the update.

Really looking forward to having a set of my own and getting rid of the clunk!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 PM

I know I missed it but what is the harness on these?
Old 05-31-2016, 10:12 PM

I'm assuming you mean hardness.

70a
Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 PM

I am interested in these for my 2k SE. Still on for this? Paypal info still the same?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 PM

If you're in, we only need one more person.

You might want to send a PM to knight_yyz and let him know you're interested and to get his PayPal address.

Last edited by SquidBeak; 06-01-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SquidBeak
If you're in, we only need one more person.

You might want to send a PM to knight_yyz and let him know you're interested and to get his PayPal address.
Thanks! Will do that.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Toolie

if I can get a few more guys these will ship before the end of jine, but I am on holidays for a bit so I will be out of touch
Old 06-01-2016, 09:26 PM

if I can get a few more guys these will ship before the end of jine, but I am on holidays for a bit so I will be out of touch
Count me in.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That's looks amazing!!!! seems mine are failing as well
Old 06-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Toolie

paypal is knight_yyz @ cogeco.ca no spaces
Old 06-03-2016, 06:13 AM

You have $$$
Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 AM

I know you said you only needed one more person, but if there is still a set available then Im down to snag it. Just picked up an '02 w/ 6 speed and could use a set of motor mounts. Let me know and I can get funds to you.
Thanx, Cameron
Old 06-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Toolie

There is no miaximum number , there is only a minimum number. So go ahead and send the funds
Old 06-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Toolie

just sending out a generic message to everyone who has either paid in full or left a deposit for the Poly inserts. My plan is to have you all paid up in full by june 20th. I will pick up the inserts one week later after the money is moved from paypal to my business account. During the last week of June i will start shipping out the orders. around the 28th
Old 07-06-2016, 06:59 AM

These arrived yesterday and they are beautiful! I plan to install them on Friday and will be a great addition to the ES front end rebuild I did over the past month.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by HerBlue2kSE
These arrived yesterday and they are beautiful! I plan to install them on Friday and will be a great addition to the ES front end rebuild I did over the past month.
So I got them installed yesterday and finished the new front wheel bearings today. Prior to these being installed, I noticed a significant vibration when in gear with just the ES engine mounts and bushings. Adding these into the mix smoothed everything out and totally changed the way the car feels at idle in gear. A quick drive around the block confirmed the difference - the car feels tight and light on its feet. (perhaps that is related to the suspension rebuild or switching to factory 16" wheels)

Well worth the money and time involved for the upgrade.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM

My experience was very similar if not identical to that of HerBlue2KSE.

For starters, the inserts are really nicely made. The molding looks good and the spindles are nicely machined. The split design makes them very easy to install. It would be nice if ES followed Knights example and made their mounts as 2 pieces instead of one.

I first installed the ES front and rear mounts a few weeks ago. Those made a huge difference. It was nice to get the electric mount out of there as well. (Only the front mount was electric on my 02). Yes I could feel the vibration in the cabin when idling in gear but it wasn't bad at all. In fact I somewhat liked it. The only thing that slightly bothered me was the rear view mirror vibrating when stopped at lights. I REALLY like the way the whole car basically jumps to attention when you start it. Really cool. It feels like there is a 600HP V10 under the hood!

A week later I installed Knights passenger side mount. Aside from looking super cool, I didn't notice much of a difference. But I have a likely explanation for this. My original mount was completely shot and I expected it would take quite a long time to get enough people together for this last group purchase so I bought a new mount on ebay to tide me over. So I was basically going from a new mount to Knights mount and it would make sense if there wasn't a huge difference there.

A week later, I installed Knights transmission mount. This is where the magic happened. My original trans mount was really bad. I had no idea until I actually took it out. The rubber might as well have been chewing gum. Total flop. I will say, this mount was a little tricky. Separating the mount from all the attached wires etc and then realigning the new mount with the holes in the trans was somewhat challenging. Also, I can't forget the joy of gutting the old mount, but that is a given, we all know about that.

Exactly like HerBlue said, installing this 4th mount eliminated 90% of the vibration when idling in gear. There is still some added vibration, but it just feels like a sports car should feel. The mirror is now totally still when idling.

Also when testing the mounts by holding down the brake and giving it some gas, the engine barely moves. Before, it was all over the place.

Another added benefit was that it eliminated a nasty transmission noise when the car was in reverse. I thought there was something wrong with the transmission but it was obviously just transmission vibration being conducted through the frame of the car. It is totally gone now.

While the transmission noise is gone, fortunately, the engine itself sounds way better from inside the car. Much more throaty/growly.

It may be my imagination but I can't help but think having all 4 polyurethane mounts has helped the handling of the car. I guess this would make sense if the 300+ lb engine is firmly planted in place as opposed to moving around like it used to.

Like HerBlue2KSE I have also completely redone my front suspension, but I think these mounts made an even more noticeable difference than some of the suspension components.

If Knight offers another batch of these, I would say it is definitely worth buying a set.

Before

After

Last edited by SquidBeak; 07-22-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:19 PM

Some additional thoughts on the mounts after the alignment and more time behind the wheel on the highway. Two biggest differences I noticed on my drive is the difference in the engine sound when I get into it and the way it seems to pull. The VQ30DE-K sounds aggressive and it feels like it is pulling much harder than before. The transmission shifts at WOT feel firmer than before.

I am afraid I am going to have too much fun with the Maxima as my daily driver.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by HerBlue2kSE
Some additional thoughts on the mounts after the alignment and more time behind the wheel on the highway. Two biggest differences I noticed on my drive is the difference in the engine sound when I get into it and the way it seems to pull. The VQ30DE-K sounds aggressive and it feels like it is pulling much harder than before. The transmission shifts at WOT feel firmer than before.

I am afraid I am going to have too much fun with the Maxima as my daily driver.
You got an alignment after swapping trans and timing cover mounts. Pretty overkill
Old 07-23-2016, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Max139617
You got an alignment after swapping trans and timing cover mounts. Pretty overkill
I rebuilt the entire front suspension on the car with ES/Moog/KYB parts and I did these at the same time.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:52 PM

Do you think you will offer these side mounts again soon?
My trans mount is blow and so is my rear engine mount. I'm thinking window weld but..
Old 10-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch
Do you think you will offer these side mounts again soon?
My trans mount is blow and so is my rear engine mount. I'm thinking window weld but..
If you're too good for window weld... https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=YffQEttC3kY
Old 11-01-2016, 06:48 PM

I'm not too good for it. but rather have something bolt on.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 PM

If you aren't able to get some of Knight's inserts, I highly recommend Febest mounts.

You can find them on ebay. Very good pricing and I think they are better than all the other aftermarket stuff. Definitely much better than Anchor.

I bought one of their passenger side mounts to hold me over until my Knight's inserts arrived over the summer. I also bought one of their front manual mounts to use for my ES insert. Both fit perfectly and are well made.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:11 PM

If anyone has a set of these they aren't going to use, I'll buy 'em.

-OR-

If there are four other ppl who didn't get in on the last group buy, we could do another group buy of 5. Price would be slightly higher than it was w 10 ppl. Post up if interested.

Quick Reply: My newest protoype