5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My poor baby

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 AM

My poor baby

So I have not really posted in a long time on this site ... been very busy with work and what not. Well on June 5th leaving work, I was stopped in heavy rush hour traffic on the highway on my way home from work. In my rear view mirror I could see what was going to happen next.

Yes you guessed it! Some **** head either doing the speed limit or faster about to ram me ... Luckily my car is manual. He hit me really hard, and launched me about 30 feet into the suv (2012 nissan murano) in front of me. Totaled my car .... surprisingly no fluid leaking though. Front end destroyed and back end out of alignment.

The **** heads insurance company (liberty mutual) which ****ing sucks, totaled my car and decided it was worth $4,200. I am thinking to myself ... are you ****ing kidding me? I have an engine in it with 40,000 miles on it, a lot of mods, and the car is in very good condition. I could of sold it before the accident for 6,500 easily.

Luckily my friend works at a body shop. I got the entire car fixed and they did a great job. The accident did leave me with herniated discs in my spine and a clicking/crunching in my neck.

Fast forward to getting my car back now on July 14. FOUR ****ING DAYS LATER ... leaving the chiropractor; I am stopped at a traffic light and some ***** ****ing rear ends me again!!!

This time she has the same insurance as me (****ing geico) and geico appraises my car at $6,500 ... hmmm that's ****ing wierd! Car gets fixed again. Now soon I will be getting more body work done to the car so everything looks really nice.

Car drives mint, and is starting to look better. I will drive this car into the ground and have no plans on ever selling it or getting rid of it. This is not the entire story though. I will fill in more details later and have a bunch of pictures when I get off work. All of you will like the pictures from the first accident for one reason.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM

^
Get better
Old 08-26-2014, 08:28 AM

better then what this Max did to a truck Good Luck and get better

http://youtu.be/te81qdi0ddo?list=FLk...u564HXD1WpZ3KA

Last edited by The_Fixer; 08-26-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:57 AM

Wow.
Crazy story OP.
Hope you get lots of pain and suffering money.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Wow.
Crazy story OP.
Hope you get lots of pain and suffering money.
Absolutely! If you haven't done so already I'd do it now! Their insurance should cover all of your medical bills and still have some (a lot) left over for personal injury or whatever it's called.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 AM

Yes, the first guy's insurance should pay all your medical bills and other expenses.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Bad *** Newb

You will likely have to take the insurance to court to get any decent cash for the trouble of the injury and time spent. Get everything that's wrong with you documented well.

Also, you DO NOT have to accept what the insurance scammers offer. Beat them down. Straight refuse their BS. When you wear then down, then they'll agree to a better price just to stop dealing with you (50% increase on old cars like this when they lowball you).

Originally Posted by The_Fixer
better then what this Max did to a truck Good Luck and get better

http://youtu.be/te81qdi0ddo?list=FLk...u564HXD1WpZ3KA
Isn't that Georgey-poo?

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 08-26-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Jor

Man you did the right thing! 5th gens are where it's at, that's a crazy story though I can't wait for pictures!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE=Child_uv_KoRn;8979413]You will likely have to take the insurance to court to get any decent cash for the trouble of the injury and time spent. Get everything that's wrong with you documented well.

Not so. Just get a personal injury lawyer. I know someone that was a passenger in a crash and came out with a broken arm and they received a $XX,XXX check.

Sounds like the typical claim limits are ~$100k. Deduct the cost of your medical bills and the cost of your lawyer and that's what you can get.
Mind you this is all based on my limited experience with this sort of thing.
I am not a lawyer.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Thank you all for your concerns.

So the ****er who hit me actually LEFT the scene of the accident after I basically verbally abused him for being a ****ing moron. I turned around the call the cops because my phone was in the car ... I turn back and the ****er is GONE. Guy in front of me says oh he just left ... I go to the back of my car and say ... it's ok we are good! The **** head hit me @ such a high rate of speed and the fact that my car was dirty, he left an impression of his license plate on my car! The impression was perfect as per the state trooper.

The state trooper ran the plate and came back with a 2007 Volvo XC70 color blue, and I said yes that is it! I remember a blue station wagon that was newer, and not many cars are made like that anymore. Besides it's obvious because the shape of the volvo bumpers are distinct and that also left an impression on my car.

Name:  IMG_1976.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1987.jpg
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1986.jpg
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1983.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  92.0 KB

Now the Murano in front of me which took like no damage.

Name:  IMG_1981.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  94.8 KB
Old 08-28-2014, 07:38 AM

I am very glad I had the front grill, which is made of metal. It actually saved my condensor and radiator from being impaled.

Will post more pictures later.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:25 PM

hmm....your insurance paid you out or you actually got it repaired, since it doesn't make sense since I am well verse in auto insurance. usually insurance will buy your car out and salvage it, from what I am guessing, that you bought it back and get it fix, but based on your initial accident getting rear ended and front ended, I don't see how 4500 bucks will fix that, since that usually exceed the cost of repairing the front and rear, since you made it sounded like you got hit really hard and quite literally the rear will be crush, it's not repairable.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:21 PM

The rear end was not anywhere near as bad as the front ... Also like I said my friend works at a body shop and I got hooked up. Yes 4,500 was not enough to properly fix everything but it did get gone. The **** heads insurance company totaled my car and gave me what they thought it was worth. I had the choice of salvaging the car @ a junkyard and would of got 500 dollars for that which is ****. I could of easily parted out the car for 2k if I wanted to.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:02 PM

Glad you're ok that's crazy man. I mean happening again when driving home from the chiropractor sheesh..
Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM

Its such a random and sad situation. Im glad you're okay though!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That sucks man, I just came into my first Maxima because I got T-boned in my old car. The guy hit me at 45mph and destroyed my car. I was lucky to walk away. My wife got rear-ended the next day and her van got totaled.

All I have to say is you need an attorney. You cannot trust the other guy's insurance to give you a fair deal. They are only trying to make you go away for as little money as possible.

As a chiropractic student I have to say keep going and do everything they tell you to do. The after effects of an accident will have major implications in your health years down the road if you don't take care of it.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:51 PM

I just saw an 03... an SE not a GLE of all models with 35K on clock and the auction was half way over and the current bid was over $8K USD.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:51 AM

sorry to hear that. same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. but the guy took off and i got not plates. Now I am just waiting for insurance to come tuesday for the appraisal. I am sure they will screw me over on my aftermarket parts . Were you able to haggle with the insurance to get the max amount of money?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Geronimo
That sucks man, I just came into my first Maxima because I got T-boned in my old car. The guy hit me at 45mph and destroyed my car. I was lucky to walk away. My wife got rear-ended the next day and her van got totaled.

All I have to say is you need an attorney. You cannot trust the other guy's insurance to give you a fair deal. They are only trying to make you go away for as little money as possible.

As a chiropractic student I have to say keep going and do everything they tell you to do. The after effects of an accident will have major implications in your health years down the road if you don't take care of it.
Fully agree with you ... I do have an attorney. In the two plus months I have been treating I have already grew half an inch taller. From the x-rays my spine has expanded which is good. I still have a clicking/crunching in my neck when turning from right to left. Keep going to school and finish up!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cdoublejj
I just saw an 03... an SE not a GLE of all models with 35K on clock and the auction was half way over and the current bid was over $8K USD.
Even though I love my max, I would never pay 10k or more for one that is 11-12 years old just because it has low mileage. Not only that you are buying something that is 11-12 years old with ALL ORIGINAL items on it. Once the car starts to be driven a lot of items will fail on it.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by G3Nis
sorry to hear that. same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. but the guy took off and i got not plates. Now I am just waiting for insurance to come tuesday for the appraisal. I am sure they will screw me over on my aftermarket parts . Were you able to haggle with the insurance to get the max amount of money?
Ouch man that sucks too ... There is no haggling with other insurance companies. That is why my lawyer will have a case built then we go after them all, guy who hit me, and his insurance ... possibly my own insurance too who knows.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 PM

yeah the plastic and rubber can degrade, specially if it is exposed to hot/cold cycling.