5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just got chased by a psycho on the road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Just got chased by a psycho on the road!

I was at a four way stop and it was my turn to go, apparently someone wasn't happy (honking like crazy) and they flipped directions and started following me. Drove about 3-4 km's and couldn't lose him, we both came up to the light and then he got out and started hauling towards my car.

Long story short I didn't stick around to see what his damn problem was and made a right turn to lose the crazy ******. With my luck he found me again, this time he was in oncoming and I was heading towards him. He swerves into the oncoming lane and tries to cause a head-on accident, and needless to say I lost him that time.

Phoned the cops, but didn't get a license number so that was pretty useless... I'm hoping I don't find my car all damaged/ tires slashed one day (I'm pretty sure he got my plate since he was coming after me).

Last edited by Jprocs24; 10-21-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:53 PM

You should of shot him.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Peoples be crazy!

If he's as crazy as he sounds he will likely find someone else that pisses him off more than you in no time. Maybe someone packing heat....
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 PM

I'm just going to brush it off, hopefully I don't run into him and he doesn't find the car. Even if something happens, I've got insurance for a reason.

My main goal was to protect the Max from the crazy person lmao!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Take Taylor's advice and just shake it off.

Similar thing happened to me. Dude behind me on the interstate, I signaled to get over, appearently he decided to get over at the same time (no blinker). He followed me 20 minutes. Got beside me when we got back on a two lane, then he stopped and got behind me when I turned off the road. I saw a cop go by me at the stop sign. So, I pulled out behind the cop and flashed him. He immediately pulled over and the dude behind me was some old man claiming I had run him off the road. He was nuts. Cop put his hand in his gun, called for backup, and ordered the guy back into his vehicle. Yeah, dudes get crazy!!

Cop sent guy on his way.

Be careful guys. People like these who get out of their cars and use their cars as weapons have already made the decision and made it okay to take things to that upper level.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jprocs24
I was at a four way stop and it was my turn to go, apparently someone wasn't happy (honking like crazy) and they flipped directions and started following me. Drove about 3-4 km's and couldn't lose him, we both came up to the light and then he got out and started hauling towards my car.

Long story short I didn't stick around to see what his damn problem was and made a right turn to lose the crazy ******. With my luck he found me again, this time he was in oncoming and I was heading towards him. He swerves into the oncoming lane and tries to cause a head-on accident, and needless to say I lost him that time.

Phoned the cops, but didn't get a license number so that was pretty useless... I'm hoping I don't find my car all damaged/ tires slashed one day (I'm pretty sure he got my plate since he was coming after me).
When he got out of the car, that's when you take off and start looking for the nearest police station.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by TallTom
When he got out of the car, that's when you take off and start looking for the nearest police station.
When I looked in my mirror and saw him coming towards the car, no one was in front of me so I made a quick right turn at the light. I lost him and then he found me again and tried to cause a head on.

Found out the new tires handle better!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
100% chingon

I would have 'accidentally' run the f---cker over.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:17 PM

^^ Jesus, people are nuts at times, many of em out there too..

Recently I saw this happen by my house...Some crazy dude was driving with no headlights, at night, wildly, thru a shopping plaza at speed, and poured dunkin donuts coffee on a few cars, and was yelling at people and accusing them of calling him a "******"....

the cops said it was fine, because he forgot to take his medication...people like this are out there, everyone should remember that! lolz

This is why we need our gun rights, right here, so we can protect ourselves from certain lunatics. Concealed carry permit would solve this situation instantly, and that retard would learn his lesson too.

I would've immediately pulled gun on him, and warned him one time to stop...you know the rest
Old 10-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Conceal Carry Permit. Check.
Loaded 9mm. Check.

Just tonight my wife looks at me and says: "We need more guns." Yup, she's a keeper.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
Conceal Carry Permit. Check.
Loaded 9mm. Check.

Just tonight my wife looks at me and says: "We need more guns." Yup, she's a keeper.
In Canada you have to jump through a hundred hoops to try and get a gun, and then it's still basically illegal. I don't think we're allowed to have Conceal Carry Permits either, honestly the government is anti-gun up here...
Old 10-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Saw a guy do that last week at a stoplight. Was worried I might witness a shooting...
Old 10-22-2014, 08:30 PM

Most occasions, luckily dont require a gun really. Many idiots out there on the road, and everywhere else.

Cant just go shooting people.

But, punching a dumb fool in the face is usually pretty safe with minimal injury.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
Most occasions, luckily dont require a gun really. Many idiots out there on the road, and everywhere else.

Cant just go shooting people.

But, punching a dumb fool in the face is usually pretty safe with minimal injury.

That's the best idea if you can't avoid confrontation! I didn't know if he was coming to get me, key the car, or both. Didn't stick around to find out, I had to protect the Maxima from all potential injuries! I didn't want my Old-Man-Sand paint scratched
Old 10-22-2014, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
^^ Jesus, people are nuts at times, many of em out there too..

Recently I saw this happen by my house...Some crazy dude was driving with no headlights, at night, wildly, thru a shopping plaza at speed, and poured dunkin donuts coffee on a few cars, and was yelling at people and accusing them of calling him a "******"....

the cops said it was fine, because he forgot to take his medication...people like this are out there, everyone should remember that! lolz

This is why we need our gun rights, right here, so we can protect ourselves from certain lunatics. Concealed carry permit would solve this situation instantly, and that retard would learn his lesson too.

I would've immediately pulled gun on him, and warned him one time to stop...you know the rest
Mr. Beretta is my co-pilot.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
Does she have a sister? lol