5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Blower Motor ??, dosent seem exactly the issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:57 PM

Blower Motor ??, dosent seem exactly the issue

Turned on heat, and after noticing when you put the front defrosters on (automatic max fan speed) I had no power to the fans, the heat was working as in being warm and hot, the directions of where the heat goes weather floor or face or defrost all works in that aspect but not any setting of the fan works 1 -4. I just have that very minimal residual heat coming out but it does move if u change the direction.

Cliff notes: Warm heat but no fan speeds at all.

I replaced blower motor a few years ago when the symptoms of blower motor were dead on, noise and certain fan speeds not working.

Whats next?? is this a basic fuse? or resistor ? or blower motor all over again?

Worked same day then did not work that evening 4 hours later.

Thanks for any help, i would buy resistor but they are $150 and would like more confirmation or assurance that is the problem.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:24 PM

Resistor probably its below the glove box
Old 01-29-2015, 08:10 PM

I agree that it sounds like the resistor, but it could also be the fan motor died and blew the fuses. Look under the hood in the fuse box by the battery. There are 2 fuses labeled "BLOWER MTR" in the front of the box. If the fuses are blown, most likely the fan motor is gone and the resistor is OK.

Then if it is the resistor, there are 2 different ones. You must get the correct one, they are not interchangeable. It depends on the style of the hvac control panel.

Since you have a GLE model, you most likely have the Auto Climate Control setup where you have a digital temperature reading. If so, you need the "fan control amplifier".

If you have a sliding lever for temperature setting, then you need a blower motor resistor.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:27 PM

You should slide the resistor out to see if it looks damaged. My resistor died on my manual climate control system a while back which left me only with full speed or no speed. If you think this is your case, I accidentally bought an auto cc resistor for 25 bucks off ebay, and if you're interested, I'd be willing to part with it... and for way less than 150 bucks. 150 bucks for that is insane.

It seems like more in your case because the fan doesn't work at all, it is likely a fuse or just the fan.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
I agree that it sounds like the resistor, but it could also be the fan motor died and blew the fuses. Look under the hood in the fuse box by the battery. There are 2 fuses labeled "BLOWER MTR" in the front of the box. If the fuses are blown, most likely the fan motor is gone and the resistor is OK.

Then if it is the resistor, there are 2 different ones. You must get the correct one, they are not interchangeable. It depends on the style of the hvac control panel.

Since you have a GLE model, you most likely have the Auto Climate Control setup where you have a digital temperature reading. If so, you need the "fan control amplifier".

If you have a sliding lever for temperature setting, then you need a blower motor resistor.
thanks a ton Dennis !, i cant thank you enough. ordering the part now and hoping that is it, will post results.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
"fan control amplifier".
Thanks Dennis, this is exactly what it was, the old one looked corroded with calcium like depostis on it. Replaced that , and it worked right away!

Thanks a ton.