5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a reflash for your 5.5 gen?
Yes, quit baiting me and do it!
90.74%
No
9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Interested in 5.5 gen ECU reflash? I have good news coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 AM

This all look really good except that my maxi is a DD
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sebastian2041
This all look really good except that my maxi is a DD
As discussed above we could program and send one, but you would have to take it to the dealer or program the keys yourself.

This would obviously add quite a bit to cost.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:59 AM

very interested in this
Old 07-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Any idea yet on an approximate cost for the flash? Will you offer different levels/tiers of flashes, depending on what options the end user desires?
Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Trout
Any idea yet on an approximate cost for the flash? Will you offer different levels/tiers of flashes, depending on what options the end user desires?
No cost yet.

More than likely to start out, it will be a single "performance flash" that is aimed at a car with typical bolts ons. I'm unsure about a more custom flash at this point.

Ivt timing, ignition timing, fuel mixture, and rev limit will all be optimized to get a solid performance gain.

Think of it as a full bolt on performance tune.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by murphys_law
No cost yet.

More than likely to start out, it will be a single "performance flash" that is aimed at a car with typical bolts ons. I'm unsure about a more custom flash at this point.

Ivt timing, ignition timing, fuel mixture, and rev limit will all be optimized to get a solid performance gain.

I'm fully bolted and looking to get more. So this sounds great to me
Old 07-07-2016, 05:12 AM

No cost yet.

This sounds fantastic. Any guesses on how your turnaround time will be? My maxima is still my daily driver after all these years, and it'd be tricky to have it down for a large period of time.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:03 PM

This sounds fantastic. Any guesses on how your turnaround time will be? My maxima is still my daily driver after all these years, and it'd be tricky to have it down for a large period of time.

Shipping to me and back(however long that takes.) It would be possible to ship another ecu, but between buying an ecu and getting keys reprogrammed it may not be economical.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:10 PM

We've been doing some testing on intake cam timing, below are a few quick snap shots from some of the logs. Factory cam timing:

Here is the TS F-Spec, which closely mirrors the z33 intake cam timing, which may not be optimal for a full bolt on Maxima:

And Finally here is the modified cam timing, we are testing. Notice that it comes on at a much lower rpm and advances much farther, which allows more airflow and will also make more power when we get the timing optimized(this isn't the final, merely testing different curves):

Last edited by murphys_law; 07-10-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:57 PM

Shipping to me and back(however long that takes.) It would be possible to ship another ecu, but between buying an ecu and getting keys reprogrammed it may not be economical.
The dealer isn't the only option for reprogramming the ECU to the car. The shop I work for has a tool that can do it in about five minutes.

There's also an Ace Unlocks in our area that can do it for about $40. A lot of mobile locksmiths can do it these days.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
The dealer isn't the only option for reprogramming the ECU to the car. The shop I work for has a tool that can do it in about five minutes. There's also an Ace Unlocks in our area that can do it for about $40. A lot of mobile locksmiths can do it these days.

This is true. The best way that I see is buying a VAG com cable and using Nissan Data Scan. For a total investment of about $50 you can program whatever keys you want and also have logging and diagnostic capability. This is what I use.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:15 PM

More than likely to start out, it will be a single "performance flash" that is aimed at a car with typical bolts ons.
What's your definition of "typical bolt ons"?
Old 07-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TSelanne
What's your definition of "typical bolt ons"?
The target is a de with intake, headers, and catback, with the ability to perform well on cars with less or more modifications.

Testing is being done with cars that are both more and less modified than this baseline to ensure a wide range of applications.

Last edited by murphys_law; 07-09-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:08 PM

Can I be the Canadian test rat?

Let's do it !
Old 07-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by george__
Can I be the Canadian test rat?

Let's do it !
I have vehicles local to test with. When this is released it should be ready to go for a car as stated above. Proven gains will be there along with plenty of documentation.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 PM

I have vehicles local to test with. When this is released it should be ready to go for a car as stated above. Proven gains will be there along with plenty of documentation.
Can't wait
Old 07-11-2016, 05:54 AM

Any plans to do some dyno testing with these ecu's? I know for me personally that would be a huge selling point.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Any plans to do some dyno testing with these ecu's? I know for me personally that would be a huge selling point.
Yes.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Well ya. you'd be retarded to just buy a tune without seeing a dyno.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:22 AM

Well this sounds awesome. Subscribed. Make it work for an I35 too please (I imagine everything is the same?)
Old 07-17-2016, 01:45 PM

The US and CAD ECUs are the same?
Old 07-17-2016, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by george__
The US and CAD ECUs are the same?
I'm unsure, however this will be for the USDM market models.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:55 AM

I'm unsure, however this will be for the USDM market models.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:10 PM

I don't think that there is any change in the ecu itself from US to CAN. SOME other thing change such as the drl module and other small things. I am pretty sure it's the same ecu.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:15 PM

Was thinking about doing this myself with the newer piasini v4.3
Dont really have time for ecu tinkering with the sh7058. I know little about it.
Would you be willing to sell a downloadable tune that I can flash myself? Not asking for instructions, I can handle that.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by T00Lbox
Was thinking about doing this myself with the newer piasini v4.3 Dont really have time for ecu tinkering with the sh7058. I know little about it. Would you be willing to sell a downloadable tune that I can flash myself? Not asking for instructions, I can handle that.
At this point that isn't something I would be interested in doing.

It will be a mail in flash, this is done to ensure there are as few issues as possible.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:38 AM

I got cash and a spare MT ECU ready :]
Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Mad props! Good work!

Last edited by Chris Gregg; 08-01-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:06 PM
Ichiban King

really looking forward to this... I hope it comes through
Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 PM

Went to the dyno this weekend, but the test mule(02 max) decided to kill the alternator on the dyno.

More news to come very, very soon.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:27 PM

Can't wait
Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 PM

Anything new? Got cash for this burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

A little teaser.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Not sure if you're related to one of two guys who have been asking me for my kernel to read / write to the 7055 based Ecus but good stuff I've flashed them since 2011 No more need to take Ecu Apart and do it the old technosquare way.

I've got all the maps disassembled in winols and kernel made for ecuflash works great however I know Matt over at NDSII was talking about adding 7055 flashing to the program it's very easy as the security keys have been released for years.

I got a nats disabler for people who want to purchase a new Ecu and not want to program keys. Or you can take the key data from the NV ram on Ecu and copy / paste it after flash so keys work.

It's true what op has been saying these ecus are highly downtuned just with a little cam / ignition timing and lean out fuel maps you can see 8-15hp/tq gains along with modifying the dbw maps to not only open TB 100% but instruct it to have half the lag as stock for crisp throttle.

If anyone wants tunes / info I can help along with OP
Old 08-30-2016, 02:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Brudface
I don't think that there is any change in the ecu itself from US to CAN. SOME other thing change such as the drl module and other small things. I am pretty sure it's the same ecu.
They're the same Ecu. I've flashed many Canadian ecus. Those cars up north love the JDM maps flashed to the Ecu you get the jdm hp numbers then not the laggy usdm maps
Old 08-30-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jason Diekman
Not sure if you're related to one of two guys who have been asking me for my kernel to read / write to the 7055 based Ecus but good stuff I've flashed them since 2011 No more need to take Ecu Apart and do it the old technosquare way.

I've got all the maps disassembled in winols and kernel made for ecuflash works great however I know Matt over at NDSII was talking about adding 7055 flashing to the program it's very easy as the security keys have been released for years.

I got a nats disabler for people who want to purchase a new Ecu and not want to program keys. Or you can take the key data from the NV ram on Ecu and copy / paste it after flash so keys work.

It's true what op has been saying these ecus are highly downtuned just with a little cam / ignition timing and lean out fuel maps you can see 8-15hp/tq gains along with modifying the dbw maps to not only open TB 100% but instruct it to have half the lag as stock for crisp throttle.

If anyone wants tunes / info I can help along with OP
I would definitely like some info on this. I've been running a 100 shot of nitrous without any timing changes and would like to know how to change that up a little bit.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DuaLMaGz
I would definitely like some info on this. I've been running a 100 shot of nitrous without any timing changes and would like to know how to change that up a little bit.
Eek you definitely got a pair running nitrous with no ignition retardation. I also mod almost every other map on the Ecu for more power, better throttle response along with 2-4mpg gain while on highway from cak timing tweeka.

If you look at the usdm tune vs jdm tune the usdm was highly detuned to pass
Inspection over here. The tune is actually the same on federal and Cali cars a lot
Of people don't know this only difference in Ecu is the Cali one has a circuit for a
Few more Cali smog sensors but tune is the same other than that.

I'll Message you bud
Old 08-30-2016, 11:41 AM

Eek you definitely got a pair running nitrous with no ignition retardation. I also mod almost every other map on the Ecu for more power, better throttle response along with 2-4mpg gain while on highway from cak timing tweeka.

If you look at the usdm tune vs jdm tune the usdm was highly detuned to pass
Inspection over here. The tune is actually the same on federal and Cali cars a lot
Of people don't know this only difference in Ecu is the Cali one has a circuit for a
Few more Cali smog sensors but tune is the same other than that.

I'll Message you bud
Cool thanks so much
Old 08-31-2016, 09:55 AM

They're the same Ecu. I've flashed many Canadian ecus. Those cars up north love the JDM maps flashed to the Ecu you get the jdm hp numbers then not the laggy usdm maps
Where can I get this done in GTA?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Father of the 00 VI

any 2001 love
Old 09-07-2016, 06:51 AM
dot dot dot ...

Look who's back ... The OG OG krismax ...

Quick Reply: Interested in 5.5 gen ECU reflash? I have good news coming soon...