5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I need clutch pedal assembly. Where to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:44 PM

I need clutch pedal assembly. Where to get one?

Hello,
Nissan Maxima 2002 Manual transmission.
I narrowed down my clutch noises and popping to the clutch pedal itself(and its mechanism).
Part no. is 46540-2Y900
No longer produced by Nissan

I really don't want to get a beat up used one from a junkyard.

What are my options?
Would a part from G35 or 350Z or a newer maxima would work?
Aftermarket one?
Please help me.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 05:44 PM

http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts...540-2y900.html

Don't know if it's related to your issue but I also had popping on my clutch pedal and I could see the spring shift when I was underneath. I greased it and the noise and pop feeling went away. Just use something that doesn't smell bad.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by PowerTotheMax
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts...540-2y900.html

Don't know if it's related to your issue but I also had popping on my clutch pedal and I could see the spring shift when I was underneath. I greased it and the noise and pop feeling went away. Just use something that doesn't smell bad.
The clutch return spring is exactly where one of the plastic/rubber "bushings" is worn out. I'll try to put some spray grease on it.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 10:28 PM

I also contacted nissanpartsdeal by phone.
They said they can't sell me the assembly because it's discontinued by Nissan.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by mahanddeem
The clutch return spring is exactly where one of the plastic/rubber "bushings" is worn out. I'll try to put some spray grease on it.
Thanks
Is it one of the bushings on the side or the horse shoe shaped bushing in the center?
Old 08-21-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
Is it one of the bushings on the side or the horse shoe shaped bushing in the center?
The center one is busted.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 AM

A couple of ideas.
That bushing is U shaped so it clips in place without too much effort.

I'd look around in some U-pull it style salvage yards where you can just pull the clip. That same clip may have been used on other manual Nissans so that opens up your search. I just looked under the dash of my 220,000 mile 02 and that bushing is perfect so they're not all worn out.

Another option would be to make a clip out of some water pipe with the same inner diameter as the spring. You can also Google "nylon bushing" or "plastic bushing" and find pieces you could modify. The diameter of the spring is .117" or 4.5mm so a piece with that inner diameter would work. I couldn't measure the outer diameter but you can grind it to fit.

A quick fix would be to wrap some duct tape around the spring to build it up to the size of the fork it clips into. It wont last forever but it'll quiet it up for a while.

There are a lot of cheap options to fix it in the car rather than replace the entire assembly.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
A couple of ideas.
That bushing is U shaped so it clips in place without too much effort.

I'd look around in some U-pull it style salvage yards where you can just pull the clip. That same clip may have been used on other manual Nissans so that opens up your search. I just looked under the dash of my 220,000 mile 02 and that bushing is perfect so they're not all worn out.

Another option would be to make a clip out of some water pipe with the same inner diameter as the spring. You can also Google "nylon bushing" or "plastic bushing" and find pieces you could modify. The diameter of the spring is .117" or 4.5mm so a piece with that inner diameter would work. I couldn't measure the outer diameter but you can grind it to fit.

A quick fix would be to wrap some duct tape around the spring to build it up to the size of the fork it clips into. It wont last forever but it'll quiet it up for a while.

There are a lot of cheap options to fix it in the car rather than replace the entire assembly.
Thanks man. I was thinking the same, to pull the entire thing out and dive into it to see what to do. Problem is being my daily driver would make it difficult just to pull it cluelessly and end up with a f'ed pedal.
Anyone has an idea of what new part from another model max would bolt on for the 2002?
Old 08-27-2016, 09:37 PM

I'm just guessing I don't have a manual trans but I'd say any nissan with a six speed trans most stuff would be interchangeable. One of the veteran manual trans guys will correct me if I'm wrong but that's my educated guess.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by mahanddeem
Thanks man. I was thinking the same, to pull the entire thing out and dive into it to see what to do. Problem is being my daily driver would make it difficult just to pull it cluelessly and end up with a f'ed pedal.
Anyone has an idea of what new part from another model max would bolt on for the 2002?
You wouldn't have to pull the assembly out for any of this if it's the bushing on the return spring. At most you would remove the return spring but that might not even be necessary. The spring will come out if you force one side out with some pliers. Just remember how it went in because it will install wrong if you let it.