5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Limited Cattman Release

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Addicted to the Org

Limited Cattman Release

As most all of you know by now, Cattman closed up his shop back in 2014. Since then, we have had to settle for subpar parts. Our choices for cat-backs are either Megan, OBX or custom. Our choice for headers are OBX, which despite being $500, we still have to grind down the cross member and do other modifications to make it fit.

I had a nice long conversation with Brian “Cattman” Catts. He was not surprised that no other company had stepped up to the plate to make good quality products for our 5th gens. I was explaining to him that the demand for his exhaust products have gone up since he left us, and he was pleasantly surprised.

He was however, not interested in starting up again, due to life events and other opportunities that he has taken on. As you probably already knew, he did not manufacture his products.

The company that he used is still in business, and still making top of the line products for other cars. I gave them a call to see if they still had any molds left from when they made parts, and sure enough, he had some. Brian said that he did not mind at all if they ran some limited productions of those pieces, well because, he is a great guy.

Now for news that you clicked on this thread to see…….

The supplier has agreed to make the following if there is a demand to do so.

00-03 3 Inch Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust will cost $700.00 plus shipping
95-03 Cattman Headers/Y-Pipe will cost $759.00 plus shipping

We will need to gather up 5 pre-orders in order for them to produce the cat-back.

Due to the complexity of headers, we will have to gather up 15 pre-orders

I am confident that we can get 5 people to be committed to buying the Cat-Back, but I am uncertain about the headers. I understand that it is a lot of money, but in comparison to OBX, I think that it is worth it. Heck, I have seen people paying almost 700 for used headers on this very site as of lately.

Both Brian and the supplier has asked me not to disclose the suppliers information until we can show that we are indeed serious about doing this, which I don’t think that will be a problem.

How I would like to do this, is to keep a running list of people who are genuinely interested in purchasing these. If and when we get enough people, I will give all of this information to the supplier, who will then be in contact with you about completing the deal.

This may be your last chance to get your hands on some new Cattman products.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:19 PM

Wow! That's huge news. If the exhaust was 2.5" I'd be all in.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by HerBlue2kSE
Wow! That's huge news. If the exhaust was 2.5" I'd be all in.
No real reason that should matter compared to 3". 3 is deeper on the low end, but howls up top.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:36 PM

Great news...but we all know the community and the lack of $

If I didn't already have the headers, I would be on this list
Old 10-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Administrator

I'd have to disagree with your statement that " demand for his exhaust products have gone up since he left us, and he was pleasantly surprised".

5th gens are at least 13 years old now. Less and less people are modifying their 5th gens as a majority of these cars are typically hand me downs or the choice of car for first time drivers. Just look at all the threads, 99% of them are "help me fix my car", not "I'm modifying my Max and plan to do xxxxx".

Cattman left at the right time IMO. What you're proposing would fall under a group deal, and without you or him being an approved Vendor, this group deal is prohibited at this time.