6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Stock CD changer stuck on EJECT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Newbie just Registered

Stock CD changer stuck on EJECT

So I like my Sirius, and haven't used my changer in a really, really, really, long time. So when I tried to play a CD that has been in there forever, it played fine... until I tried to switch disc. It says to press eject, but nothing happend. I switched back to the disc that was playing a few seconds before, press eject again. No discs will play or eject. WTF? Anyone had this happen?
Old 01-10-2008, 05:15 AM

I have experienced this.

Try holding the eject button until the system relents.
Maybe disconnect battery for a bit?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
I have experienced this.

Try holding the eject button until the system relents.
Maybe disconnect battery for a bit?
Was gonna say the same thing ^^^. Disconnect battery.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 PM

had that problem too! it would be in 50 degree weather.. discs wont change, play or eject. garaged the car instead of out in the street for a while... doesn't happen anymore. sorry i wasn't any help
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by NISMOMAX002
had that problem too! it would be in 50 degree weather.. discs wont change, play or eject. garaged the car instead of out in the street for a while... doesn't happen anymore. sorry i wasn't any help
lol LA weather, 40's night and 60's day so the garage is in the 50's, and the car is garaged all the time. I guess when the heatwave put us back in the 70's next week, it will be fixed...
Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM

I have this same damn problem.. Here in Louisiana weather is always hot and the humidity is always 100%... The other night for the first time in years it was like 30 degrees and the next morning the cd was working fine.... It played well until I decided to change. I hit eject and it made this clicking noise... It did it three times and I tried to play the disc again. This time it didnt play at all so I switched modes and put on the radio... I pressed the cd button and it didnt even recognize the system having a cd... I turned the car off for a couple of hours and then went back and the cd played... I pressed eject again and it did the same thing... This has been going on for two weeks....
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Go with a AVIC D3
Old 02-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lovemycar
Go with a AVIC D3
AVIC D3 is a nice unit and reasonably priced. But try disconnecting your battery like everyone else said and see what happens.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 PM

I think its time for a new aftermarket system with a Active Tuning dash kit
Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
I have this same damn problem.. Here in Louisiana weather is always hot and the humidity is always 100%... The other night for the first time in years it was like 30 degrees and the next morning the cd was working fine.... It played well until I decided to change. I hit eject and it made this clicking noise... It did it three times and I tried to play the disc again. This time it didnt play at all so I switched modes and put on the radio... I pressed the cd button and it didnt even recognize the system having a cd... I turned the car off for a couple of hours and then went back and the cd played... I pressed eject again and it did the same thing... This has been going on for two weeks....

Yeah, it worked until I changed disk. It worked after the heater was on for a while. Haven't used it lately, I should check it out tomorrow...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:26 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My CD player will not work at random occassions. Either it plays or...

The disc number blinks for a while, then says "push eject." I push eject and the "flaps" open and close and it says "push eject" again. It's a never ending cycle.

To get it to work, luck is on my side. Just turn off the car, run errands and come back. It'll work... sometimes.

It has done this in all temperatures. 2004 SL - 76K
Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 AM

Cd stuck in eject mode

So last week I took my 06 (w/ Bose) in to the dealer for the stuck CD. Guy checked a few things and said the CD player would have to be replaced. He ordered the new CD/Cass. unit and 2 days later I went in to have it replaced.

Got the new one put in, works fine now. 5 CD's were stuck in the old one and the lady at the counter said they send the CD player back to the factory and they will get the discs out and mail them to me. She asked if I wanted to write/list the 5 that were in the unit. I told her they were all home made anyway. She goes on this long rant about that's why they were stuck and that broke the unit. How Clarion people sent out letters saying that burnt cd's were causing the issue of the player not ejecting. I let her go on (since mine is under warranty anyway).

I have used lots of burnt cds since I got the Maxmia new, no problems at all. I burn all my own CD's at the slowest rate possible (16 times speed) and never had a problem. Recently I put in an copied CD, mass produced one (surely as fast of burn as possible) and that's when my old cd player messed up and wouldn't eject and the cd got stuck.
May be something to it, but i'll only be using cd's that i've burned from now own. I'll just have to copy the mass produced ones and then try it.

Hope this helps.