6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Help please!!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 PM

Help please!!

Hello there, today my battery died and had to buy a new one, after the battery was replaced the ENTRY/EXIT FUNCTION stopworking, (this function is when you turn off the car and the driver's sit and steering column moves to get in and out of the car more easily.

The first thing I checked was the personal setting menu and this option is ON.
Another thing I notice is the BEEP SET on the menu is set to ON, but there is no beep when I press any button.

Any ideas????? after replacing the battery do I need to reset the computer or any other procedure??? Please let me know what to do because taking the car to the dealer is a pain in the..

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 PM

you may have to re-do the settings and save them.

just like your car radio. if your battery dies and you replace with a new battery. you have to re-do all of your radio channels + clock settings.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Allready tried re doing all settings a couple of times with no success. but you are right about the clock and radio stations, I had to re program all of the again.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Incognito

try to reset the ecu. then change the settings.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:15 AM

From my experience just give it some time, those functions will come back.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I gets temperamental at times but it does come back, try on the setting to disable it (so it doesn't move), then turn off the car, turn the car back on then set it (so it does move), turn off the car, and when you restart and turn off normally it should work. Also make sure the drivers seat is adjusted to your normal driving position first before adjusting the above settings. If all else fails, disconnect the Neg battery terminal, let the ECU reset and start over.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
I gets temperamental at times but it does come back, try on the setting to disable it (so it doesn't move), then turn off the car, turn the car back on then set it (so it does move), turn off the car, and when you restart and turn off normally it should work. Also make sure the drivers seat is adjusted to your normal driving position first before adjusting the above settings. If all else fails, disconnect the Neg battery terminal, let the ECU reset and start over.
temperamental indead, sometimes I loose it too, I'm very picky with my car. I will try your sujestions right away, and can anyone tell me how to reset the ecu??? is this done by disconnecting JUST the battery neg pole???
thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax

Agree.....

Let the car sit for 15-20 min when you disconnect the neg battery.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by jorgep03
is this done by disconnecting JUST the battery neg pole???
thanks.
YES!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM
*moderator*

I just replaced my battery as well, and had to rest it. Are you sure you are trying to set it correctly?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 PM

just re-do the setting. something similar happened with me but i took it straight to nissan.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM
KC's FINEST

The settings are fine, just turn the key on and off a few times.

It will work again...

Search this Thread