6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

aftermarket radio replacement tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM

aftermarket radio replacement tips

If you plan to upgrade your radio to aftermarket unit, remember to remember the following:

**green/white wire coming from pin#5 belonging to connector# M43 (from FSM audio wiring diagram, referring to "base" audio, late production) is antenna amplifier wire, that has to connect to your blue/white wire from aftermarket radio, often named "power antenna" or similar. Without this connection your radio will not perform well, especially HD stations. Many people confuse this wire with antenna motor wire, that does not exist in this car, thus thinking that it is not needed at all, however, this wire powers up antenna amplifier and IS essential.
**when putting back AC vents cover (the one with vents on both sides and audio controls in the middle), stick vents into the cover until they click first, and only then entire structure into opening. Otherwise, cover will not fit right.
**when putting back a single din aftermarket plastic cover, remember to remove decorative plastic frame from audio unit, otherwise single din cover will not fit right.

hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 PM

one thing i found out after i had my audio guy setup my system was that when and if you want to be able to control how your speakers sound or tune with a eq that is built in to the radio... you want to bypass the bose audio amps that are in the car... we found that the wiring at the unit were tied in together meaning when u go to connect your speaker wires that say either front/rear or left/right (whatever your system is) and the antenna wire its for the bose amps..... you don't need to replace the complete wires but just be mindful of this cause if u leave the bose amps connected your inside speakers will sound like **** because the amps will still try to control the output... YOU KNOW HOW THAT BOSE MESS IS.....