6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2005 Maxima Cranks but wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2005 Maxima Cranks but wont start.

Started this evening.

On my way to town, the gauges went dead, showing only speed. No rpm's, Fuel Gauge, Engine Temp, all the warning lights were on check engine, brake and the such in that area.

Noticed there was no heat eather. So After vip was done installing my snow tires I bought one of those little cigarette plug heaters to keep my front window defrosted enough I could get home. Went to work same symptoms but the gauges would work here in there, usually if I hit a frost heave or something they'd come back for a few minutes.

After work I went outside a little early to fire the car up to get my little heater going and it fired up fine.

When I went home the snow plows left a little mound in front of my driveway, just enough to hear it scrape under the car. Shut the car off go inside, make some food. Look out the window and notice my headlights were off (it has that delay) but brake lights were still on.

Thought that was odd, fired the car up went for a quick spin, came home lights went off as they are supposed too.

Wife wanted me to run to the post office and the car wont start. What could be the issue? Also headlights shut off immediately now, no delay.

I don't have a scan tool because my old jeep didn't need one. I have most every tool to mankind so I'm able to fix but not in my weather. Anything quick and easy I can do in a snowmobile suit not in my garage to test the issue? (-10F outside)
Old 01-11-2017, 05:49 AM

Check whether this TSB applies to you:NTB04-111b of October 13, 2006-- "Engine Will not Crank (no Start) with Outside Temperature below 10º F."