7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2010 Nissan Maxima Pics

Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM

2010 Nissan Maxima Pics

Hey Guys,

Nissan has the 2010 Maxima on their website ready for building!

http://www.nissanusa.com/maxima/

As I anticipated in my other thread, the Maxima's Navigation Interface graphics have changed!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

I just saw this myself. I did a build of a SV with Sport + Tech packages. Interestingly, it does not show a spoiler on the car. I hope this is just a glitch rather than an actual equipment change.

edit: Yup, the exterior picture templates in the configurator are wrong. They show the premium package with 19" wheels and a spoiler but the sport package with the 18" wheels and no spoiler.

Last edited by boone; 08-19-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM

The navigation hardware looks exactly the same. Anyone know if past years they have released updates for the software? I would love to get the new interface with the XM Weather and the zagat stuff. Not to mention the music box GUI looks a lot sleeker.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM

Glad I got Precision Gray while it was available.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Call me crazy, but it looks like the Sport wheels are a bit "curvier"???? IDK It's probably just me.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 PM

good find....
Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Dad

I'd love to see what Crimson Black looks like.

I'm a sucker for a good dark cherry.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 PM

If you add the sports and technology package it seems like it charges you more then it should???
Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ratdoc
Glad I got Precision Gray while it was available.
They don't have the Precision Gray for the 2010 model? Wow. I'm glad I got Precision Gray while I could.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 PM

The wheels look a little different (better). It could just be the pic, but they look a bit more aero dynamic and darker. It could be just the way the pic is, but I likem!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:31 AM

Angry 2010 Maxima Configurator

New here - looking at 2010 Maxima -Configurator - Interior colors reduced
no grey. Then go to selecting your Options - there is a sport package option
very strange - select the Technology Package it adds the sport package,
Monitor Package and cold package. Total is way less then if you selcted SV with Sport package. So if the configurator is correct - you can not get an SV and Tech package without the sport package.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM

Hope for Retrofit

I notice that on the 2010s they are talking about USB capability. I wonder if we are just a cable or dongle away from retrofitting our 2009s so that we can use our thumb drives and recharge our iPods as I assume the 2010s can. Are you listening Nissan? Precision Grey was nice, but almost impossible to find in Canada. We searched hard for one but ended up with Ebony which looks sharp too. Don't know why they would drop the Precision Grey though.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dad
I'd love to see what Crimson Black looks like.

I'm a sucker for a good dark cherry.
at nissanusa.com the crimson black looks purplish
Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 AM

I looked at the pictures i'm sure there was an error on nissan's part for the picture for the sport model and the Premium model. Also i noticed that Even though it does state the it has DVD play back, it also says the single cd disk replaces the 6 disk cd changer for those with navy system. Could it be that i said before we all have the same driver in the 2009 as the 2010, its just maybe a switch or software that would have to be updated! About a week ago i got a letter from Nissan asking me to update my navigation system. Maybe that was the new software update
Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 AM

That would be the answer to Nav/Audio problems that are just annoying enough. Just a switch (bet it's just a software upgrade) to cure a lot of ills. If Dinan can get 84hp more out of a335i by flashing the ECM, how hard can it be to do the audio system in the Maxima. That's what we get for being trailblazers I guess. Our Max has the CD with Navi which means you get single CD only. Was it ever sold with Navi and 6 CD changer? They are mutually exclusive in my owner's manual.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by BMWHIGH1
I looked at the pictures i'm sure there was an error on nissan's part for the picture for the sport model and the Premium model. Also i noticed that Even though it does state the it has DVD play back, it also says the single cd disk replaces the 6 disk cd changer for those with navy system. Could it be that i said before we all have the same driver in the 2009 as the 2010, its just maybe a switch or software that would have to be updated! About a week ago i got a letter from Nissan asking me to update my navigation system. Maybe that was the new software update
I really hope we can get a software update. Has anyone asked their service dept. yet? and what ever happened to that member that got DVD playback to work? I pm'd them three times and they never answered how the dealer got it to work.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
at nissanusa.com the crimson black looks purplish
On the roadster - what looks like the same color is called Black Cherry, if I am correctly informed. That color sounds fascinating to me, and I can't wait to see it in person.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
I really hope we can get a software update. Has anyone asked their service dept. yet? and what ever happened to that member that got DVD playback to work? I pm'd them three times and they never answered how the dealer got it to work.
i think that member getting to get the dvd playback to work was full of
Old 08-20-2009, 11:14 AM

I wasn't really convinced that the Maxima offered a lot for the money, but after seeing these changes(XM Traffic, Weather, Advanced Bluetooth,) for under 35K is just pheominal.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM

I didn't really see any differences cosmetically to the car other than the wheels, they (the wheels) are not my cup of tea but they're not bad at all.

Did Nissan change anything at all on the exterior of the car? It is very hard to mess with success, especially to improve upon it without taking away from the winning formula.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM

i cant afford the one i want, nor will i ever probly
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 AM

"Next: Select Transmission" ....lol, talk about a waste of a page
Old 08-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by angrye
It's to give all the suckers that want a stick high hopes. Then they get to the page and their dreams are crushed. Classic Nissan.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM

I think the new ocean grey looks exactly like the precision grey, if not, then very close. The wheels don't look any different to me either. There isn't much changes to talk about if you ask me.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM

Old 08-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I didn't really see any differences cosmetically to the car other than the wheels, they (the wheels) are not my cup of tea but they're not bad at all.

Did Nissan change anything at all on the exterior of the car?

Not a thing changed on the exterior but the wheels. And if the lighting is not good, even the wheels look alike. The exterior tweaks always come the third year of each generation Maxima - specifically the 2011.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:55 PM

This is because Nissan is using the same order of screens for all 14 different vehicles they produce, and most of those 14 have tranny choices. It would easily have been possible to modify the computer program to determine if the vehicle being 'built' had a tranny option, and, if not, simply skip the tranny screen. But that was not done.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:44 PM

With the 09 and 2010 Max, is there such a thing as a fully loaded Max with all the sport and technology options?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:00 PM

They still have precision gray for canada... http://www.nissan.ca
Old 08-23-2009, 05:04 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by DConrad2007
With the 09 and 2010 Max, is there such a thing as a fully loaded Max with all the sport and technology options?
The fully loaded Max is the SV with the Premium + Technology package. The only sportiness you loose is the "sport tuned" suspension and the 19" wheels. If you want fully loaded, these are very small concerns.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by DConrad2007

Boone is correct. The Sport and Premium packages are mutually exclusive. As he said, the Maxima with Premium and Technology packages is as 'loaded' as you can get with this 7th generation Maxima. The Sport package goes another direction - bigger wheels, lower profile tires, spoiler, etc, but lacks many of the very worthwhile perks of the Premium package.

The base 'S' and the base 'SV' are both nice cars, but for those who can swing the additional money, adding either the Sport or Premium package takes this car to another level.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 AM

what happened to the diesel turbo option for the 2010 Maxima. Those lying bastards.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 AM

Even though the Premium is a better buy. Thats why i got that one, cause i could always add a spoiler which i did as well as the 19 rims. The only thing not added would be the stock sport suspension. Which i'm sure can be added. Dont forget the sport package i believe also has the stablizer bar in the rear.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
what happened to the diesel turbo option for the 2010 Maxima. Those lying bastards.

Calm down, and come back to earth! That announcement was made in February 2008. The world went into recession eleven months ago, and the auto industry went into depression at that same time. Nissan was not the only manufacturer to drop plans for a diesel.

When Nissan announced their diesel plans, diesel fuel was somewhere around $1.89 a gallon. By July 2008, diesel had risen to $4.49 a gallon around where I live. Who would have wanted a diesel at that time?

Everybody had to shift gears and change plans when the world as we knew it disappeared last fall. Many millions of folks lost their only means of livelihood, and families were tossed out onto the street. Almost a half million folks right here in Georgia lost their jobs. You were very lucky if your life did not change.

Now, the price of diesel fuel has returned to a level of sanity, and Nissan (and other manufacturers) will probably look at diesels again as soon as the auto industry comes back to life. Other than the very brief and controversial 'clunker' program, which ends at 8PM tonight (Monday Aug 24), the auto industry is still comatose.

There is a chance Nissan might try to have a diesel version with the 'half gen' 2011 model about a year from now, but I feel it is more likely to happen with the 8th gen,which will be the 2014 model arriving in the spring of 2013. But nothing is for sure in this world.

In a nutshell, nobody lied. Nissan annnounced their intended plans, but plans change. With the economic disasters of the past year, almost everybody has had to change plans to some degree.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM

Was at the dealership here in Montgomery Alabama and was getting my max serviced for the next leg of my road trip to San Antonio and happened to wander on the lot and they had a 2010 ocean gray max on the lot in an SV premium and I walked around it for about 20 minutes trying to find anything new whatsoever and found nothing. One of the salesman came out and opened it up for me so I could see if there were any changes to the interior and I noticed that it had no CF memory card slot and that it only came with a 2GB music box memory and the iPod intergration wire was gone but in it's place was a little caped box in the center console that said USB. I opened it up to find a USB PLUG. I did not have my iPod USB cable with me to see if it worked the same as my 09 MAX. I asked the salesman and he had no clue.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by choice89
Was at the dealership here in Montgomery Alabama and was getting my max serviced for the next leg of my road trip to San Antonio and happened to wander on the lot and they had a 2010 ocean gray max on the lot in an SV premium and I walked around it for about 20 minutes trying to find anything new whatsoever and found nothing. One of the salesman came out and opened it up for me so I could see if there were any changes to the interior and I noticed that it had no CF memory card slot and that it only came with a 2GB music box memory and the iPod intergration wire was gone but in it's place was a little caped box in the center console that said USB. I opened it up to find a USB PLUG. I did not have my iPod USB cable with me to see if it worked the same as my 09 MAX. I asked the salesman and he had no clue.

Yes, the '10s began arriving in the Atlanta just over a week ago, but both my dealers still have their '10s on the back lot with shipping protection still on. I think they are trying to sell a few more '09s to make some room before prepping the '10s for display. As we already knew, the almost undetectable different shading of the wheels is the only outward difference.

The '10s at my dealers were parked tightly together (they do that on the storage lots), so I couldn't move my car alongside to get a good look at the different shading of the wheels. I was not able to see inside the cars as clearly as I would have liked, and the doors were locked. I was also in a hurry, and keeping my head below the top of the cars, as only employees are allowed on that back lot. I got there by pretending I was going into the service area, thev veered off toward the parts department parking area, then, when nobody was looking, snuck onto the narrow ramp between the back of the maintenance bays and the storage lot.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice pics

thanks,
Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
I wasn't really convinced that the Maxima offered a lot for the money, but after seeing these changes(XM Traffic, Weather, Advanced Bluetooth,) for under 35K is just pheominal.
Ya, but still no 6 speed manual But that was expected.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
It also doesn't come with the VR38DETT either or a chance to win a date with Megan Fox. What can you do
Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
So in this day and age with too much traffic even on 20 lane Freeways you'd STILL want a manual?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan Maxima Pics