7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Blue Tooth and Seat Back

Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Blue Tooth and Seat Back

My bluetooth stopped working. My Blackberry shows that the bluetooth is on, but the Maxima systems does not recognize the BB. I deleted the phone from the Maxima system and tried reinstalling it a few times with no luck. I haven't changed the phone. Next step will be to go to the dealer.

Also, my driver seat back came apart from the seat. No one sits behind me, we don't have kids so I was surprised to see the plastic seatback pulled away from the seat. I tried snapping it back in, but no luck.

Other then that I live this car. Just shy of 10k miles.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 AM

I haven't experienced either issue (although my phone is WM6.1 Samsung Saga) and I've had it paired for over a year. Please let us know the outcome!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Erock1500
Also, my driver seat back came apart from the seat. No one sits behind me, we don't have kids so I was surprised to see the plastic seatback pulled away from the seat. I tried snapping it back in, but no luck.
Having just purchased a 2009 yesterday, we found that the driver seat back is the same way. It goes back to the dealer Friday to be addressed. I hope this isn't common.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The seat was an easy fix. Apparently two clips on the bottom were not fastened correctly and not they are.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM

hello, I was hoping someone could help me before I waste my time taking my car into the dealership and trying to get help; I have a 2010 Max SV with technology package

I have a Verizon LG VX-8300 bluetooth phone that I have a paired up successfully with the maxima's bluetooth system; here is the problem, when ever I turn the car on my phone connects but while I am driving the vehicle, every few minutes, it flashes across the display screen that my phone disconnects, stays disconnected for a minute or two, and then it flashes across the display that the phone has reconnected to the system

It does this repeatedly while I drive my car every time and when it disconnects I can't make any calls until it reconnects again, which can be a few minutes, because after it disconnects I've tried using the bluetooth to make a phone call and it won't let me stating that no phone is paired to the system

when I'm at my destination and turn the car off, the phone disconnects as it should; I know there is nothing wrong with my phone because I've had two Acura's and one Infiniti with bluetooth with this exact same phone and have never had a problem like this; the phone connected within a minute after starting the car and then disconnected when the car was shut off

this maxima is the first car that it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly while I'm driving; there has to be something wrong with the bluetooth and software in the car to be causing this

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or should I just take it in to my local dealer and let them deal with it?? oh, I've tried erasing the phone and re-pairing it with the car and it doesn't make a difference, the problem remains!

Last edited by smarty666; 12-14-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by smarty666
this maxima is the first car that it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly while I'm driving; there has to be something wrong with the bluetooth and software in the car to be causing this
Maybe not. Nissan's website has three categories: Recommended, Not Recommended, and Currently Being Tested.

I could not find the VX-8300 on any of those lists. I took a chance on the VX-8360(which is being tested), and it seems to be working fine.

I would try to pair a recommended phone with the car to make sure your Bluetooth is working, otherwise it's probably a compatibility issue.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM

I would try to pair a recommended phone with the car to make sure your Bluetooth is working, otherwise it's probably a compatibility issue

if it was a compatibility issue then shouldn't the phone not pair at all? because when the phone is connected I can make calls and it works fine

the LG VX8300 was one of verzion's most popular phones and in the over four years I have had the phone on three other vehicles which gave me not one ounce of problems with connection you mean to tell me that its a compatibility issue with the Maxima?

it better not be because then that would mean that the Max's bluetooth system is inferior to Acura's and Infiniti's; there should be no reason why this phone should not be working on an almost 38k dollar car!

Nissan should have the same compatiblity that Acura and Infiniti has since they are charging just as much as them for their vehicles!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Sorry dude - was just trying to be helpful.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM

listen man, I'm not mad at you; thanks for trying to help me out, I really do appreciate it; I'm just sick of this kind of crap with Nissan

I mean the maxima is a great car and there are many things I really like about it but if Nissan wants to charge as much as they are for the maxima, where they are encroaching into Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti prices, they need to stop cutting corners in certain areas and offer the same amount of quality and service that the luxury divisions offer

my phone does work in the car part of the time so eventually I'll take it into Nissan and make a stink

Thanks again for your Help!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My bluetooth suddenly stopped working at all. The light on the indicator is flashing and the button doesn't do anything. I have only had the car a few days and it was working and paired without issue on Thurs of last week. Not sure if there is a reset button somewhere. I looked in the manual and it gave no help. It did show that the receiver is in the front seat so maybe something there went wrong. Glad I purchased the comp warranty through Zurich cause I'll take it right back if it's really broken. Wondered if anyone knew more about the bluetooth. Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 05:49 AM

My Bluetooth has been fading in and out lately, I have the EVO Android Phone and it never had any problems until recently. It's making me wonder if it is due to some application I may have downloaded and installed in the phone and not necessarily the BT itself.

I may have to do a test and uninstall some items and see if that gets it working the way it was just 1 week before.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Love my '09

bk2k3, you took the OTA update with the new radios for your evo yes?

Smarty, where to you keep your phone when driving? Try moving it to some other location and see if it's range. Don't believe the hype when they say 10m...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf

Smarty, where to you keep your phone when driving? Try moving it to some other location and see if it's range. Don't believe the hype when they say 10m...
BT functionality can actually exceed 10m in some instances. There should be no problem with pairing functions anywhere around the vehicle.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Love my '09

Originally Posted by mrodenberg0124
BT functionality can actually exceed 10m in some instances. There should be no problem with pairing functions anywhere around the vehicle.
Yup, but depending on the placement of the antennas in both the phone and car it can greatly diminish too.

My TouchPro2 had crappy antennas and was very much like what Smarty described. If I didn't keep my phone on the passenger seat, no signal, period, but my Evo has a great antenna and I can keep signal well outside the car.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 AM

Yup, but depending on the placement of the antennas in both the phone and car it can greatly diminish too.

My TouchPro2 had crappy antennas and was very much like what Smarty described. If I didn't keep my phone on the passenger seat, no signal, period, but my Evo has a great antenna and I can keep signal well outside the car.
Strange. I have a TouchPro2 and it works fine *shrugs* I guess it's a case by case basis.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 AM

its ur phone cuz my stupid blackberry is retarded it connects to the bluetooth and then it shows its making a call when its not at all idk its prob the blue tooth system in the car too but im gonna try another phone
Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM

I found out what it was: it was the Battery Booster that I downloaded and installed into my phone, what it does is turn off certain functions to help save the phone battery but I adjusted it and now it's all good.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:20 PM

Wow, good find on the blinking Bluetooth. I also thought there was a recent (July?) firmware upgrade for the car that addressed some Bluetooth issues.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but due to insufficient posts I think this thread is pretty similar to my problem. Okay, here is the problem. I have a 2011 Maxima w/ premium tech pack and a Iphone 4 is paired to it. Bluetooth has been working fine till about a week ago. Now itt keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, when it disconnects it reconnects real quickly. When I take my phone out of my left pocket and place it in the cup holders in the center console, it seems have better reception and stays connected, but I use too have good reception when it was in my pocket. Anyone know what could be the reason now why it loses reception now?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Try to delete the phone from your car system and do the same in your phone and pair it again. Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 AM

ive paired several different Android phones to my 2009 without any problems and they never dropped or cut out. might be an issue with your phone and what Bluetooth protocols it uses
Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 AM

My old Hero had a teriible connection but my Evo sounds good