7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Is Nissan retarded? Where is the Maxima's price?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Z

Is Nissan retarded? Where is the Maxima's price?

The car comes out in 3 days, and we haven't heard a peep about the car's official pricing. The new Infiniti FX doesn't arrive for another month, and we already know every price point that'll have. What the hell is going on?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 AM

Probably $28k+ starting

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html
Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
The Golden One

That's an estimate. I hear it's going to be close to the 6th Gen (which is MotorTrends estimate) but I'd rather know the exact figures (ex: see a 2009 Nissan Maxima section on nissanusa.com)
Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 AM

We should know by the end of the week what the real price will be.

There should be a new thread started where people can post their thoughts on test driving, viewing, buying the 09 Maxima. i'm sure within the next week and month there will be many opinions and I'm curious what everyone will be thinking.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 AM

I finally received the real brochure today. If anyone has a question I'd be happy to respond. No prices in the brochure of course.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM

If I remember correctly, Nissan released the prices (and posted them online) for each of the last two new generations the week the vehicle actually went on sale. I expect that to happen again this time.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Conecarver

Marketing rep at Maxus said they would publish probably tomorrow Tues. Same time dealers received their first arrivals.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM

i can say i saw about 20 trucks leaving with Maximas only on them this evening....leaving the plant in Smyrna, TN
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by rkurlander
I finally received the real brochure today. If anyone has a question I'd be happy to respond. No prices in the brochure of course.
To bad there is no pricing and the same info we have all been talking about for months....I want the real brochure!!

Last edited by jsmithsole; 06-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 PM
*moderator*

I talked to another dealer today and he said they would have some on Friday...sounds about right.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:11 AM

jsmithsole - rkurlander ABSOLUTELY has the REAL brochure. He has already PMd me specifications from it. It bears NO RESEMBLANCE to the early promo brochure we have had for months, and contains ALL the specs we have been asking about.

And the REAL brochure has NEVER contained prices for any Maxima from the time it replaced the Datsun 810 in 1981, and the Datsun 810 brochure did not contain prices either.

I don't think I have seen an official brochure with the prices listed for any car I have ever shopped for. That is because manufacturers know there will almost always be price adjustments as the model year evolves.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:25 AM

It starts at $29,950.

Thats all I have seen so far. On Freshalloy there was a post with the pricing and a link to edmunds, but the link did not work like edmunds pulled the article.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 AM

I very much doubt the base price will be $30k. That would be a huge mistake in this economy. My guess is $28k with a top at $34.5k.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

One guy at nissan in new orleans said that the would be 38k for top of the line, but he wasn't completely sure though
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 AM

2009 Nissan Maxima starting at $29,290

Press Release at Autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/24/2...ing-at-29-290/
Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
jsmithsole - rkurlander ABSOLUTELY has the REAL brochure. He has already PMd me specifications from it. It bears NO RESEMBLANCE to the early promo brochure we have had for months, and contains ALL the specs we have been asking about.

And the REAL brochure has NEVER contained prices for any Maxima from the time it replaced the Datsun 810 in 1981, and the Datsun 810 brochure did not contain prices either.

I don't think I have seen an official brochure with the prices listed for any car I have ever shopped for. That is because manufacturers know there will almost always be price adjustments as the model year evolves.
Obviously, I would never assume that pricing would be, I meant pricing released in general. Either way it looks like pricing was just released...
Thanks Light!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
The car comes out in 3 days, and we haven't heard a peep about the car's official pricing. The new Infiniti FX doesn't arrive for another month, and we already know every price point that'll have. What the hell is going on?
thats an oxymoron. Nissan is Infiniti!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by ikalinin
thats an oxymoron. Nissan is Infiniti!
that seemed obvious to be his point.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
that seemed obvious to be his point.
i think you're confused.. he means nissan is retarded because the max is being released soon and still no priceing.. the FX doesn't come for a few months, and infiniti is better because all the info is released.. and i'm saying infiniti is nissan..
Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
SuPeRmOd

i think you're confused.. he means nissan is retarded because the max is being released soon and still no priceing.. the FX doesn't come for a few months, and infiniti is better because all the info is released.. and i'm saying infiniti is nissan.. confused:

no you really don't get it I see.

Seeing that Infiniti is obviously Nissan (everyone here knows this) why would "they" (Nissan/Infiniti) release the FX pricing months ahead of time but not the Maxima.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80

no you really don't get it I see.

Seeing that Infiniti is obviously Nissan (everyone here knows this) why would "they" (Nissan/Infiniti) release the FX pricing months ahead of time but not the Maxima.

that statement is an oxymoron!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Conecarver

Originally Posted by Minarets
i can say i saw about 20 trucks leaving with Maximas only on them this evening....leaving the plant in Smyrna, TN
What no pic? Cameraphone anything? (this is like Area 51)
Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

that statement is an oxymoron!
WHO CARES!! lol

Oxymoron or no Oxymoron! Pricing was released. Now we are just waiting to build an 09
Old 06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
SuPeRmOd

can anyone figure this one out?

my dealer had another one of those "we need your nissan to sell used!!!" sales. but this time they were offering "100% of the base model MSRP" if you bought a new vehicle. of course this ended yesterday just before the 09 should arrive.

i just don't see how they could seriously offer more than the value of the car.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Well I went to check out the one at my local dealer, apparently, base price is $28k, they said Fully Loaded SV Premium will be running $40k+ due to a "Universal $5k Mark up," Does that **** anyone else off if it is in fact true?! The one my dealer got was a silver SV with Sport Package, and the window tag said $38k, **** that if you ask me, Ill wait for price to go down, or just wait for the 370z instead. They cant really expect to sell overpriced cars with this lack of an economy...

Last edited by shatterpruf; 07-01-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 AM

Shatterpruf - The base price is $29,290. The price of a nice (leather, etc) SV is around $32.9K? An SV with the great Sport package is between $34 and $35K. Yes, if the car is also loaded with tech packges and or navi, etc, the price can get to the $40K area, but that is not unreasonable for all the goodies on the ones around that price.

Many dealers add on their own sticker with appearance packages, etc, costing between one and two thousand, but that is just a setup to make it appear the salesperson is dropping the price more than he really is.

Of course those are MSRP prices, and we don't look too closely at MSRP, because we are diligent buyers, and diligent buyers negotiate from invoice, don't we?

Prices quoted by a dealer the first week a newly redesigned car arrives are meaningless. You would be wise to wait a few months, as this sinking economy guarantees bargains will be available sooner than later.

P.S. - No, the 'universal markup' is not universal. It extends only to the carlot property line of a select few greedy dealers.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 07-02-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 AM

I hate the "packages". You can't get a SV with just HIDs and the winter package. I'm not paying $38k+ for a heated steering wheel with a bunch of other crap I don't want in this economy. I think alot of car companies were way off the mark with what they expected this years buyers would want and afford. By October there will be fire sales on everything accept Honda Civics and Toyota Prius's.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Pronto
I hate the "packages". You can't get a SV with just HIDs and the winter package. I'm not paying $38k+ for a heated steering wheel with a bunch of other crap I don't want in this economy. I think alot of car companies were way off the mark with what they expected this years buyers would want and afford. By October there will be fire sales on everything accept Honda Civics and Toyota Prius's.
you're not looking at it correctly. new cars have to have upgrades. if you can't afford it you simply by a cheaper model in the lineup. or there are countless very worthy used cars available.

if the economy is effecting your car-buying decisions, then you're not the targeted consumer.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 PM

^^^ Must agree with NismoMax80- I do understand the price point on the car might seem a bit high for some people. Lets be smart and think it through. You are speaking of a car that is so new the paint is wet (not literally) Many dealerships only have 2 or 3 cars. You have to understand that the dealership like any other business or smart person will always take advantage of a situation to make a few extra dollars. So if that means no discounts or even a slight mark up then that is what they will try to do because they know the demand is there and not much inventory at the moment.

Next, we have to look at development time for a vehicle like this. Even with all the technology and advancements I would say this car was in developtment for at least 3 years. Which means the design, options, features would have to not only be upgraded from previous models, but also meant to compete with whatever possible options other manufacturers will include in their vehicle.

The Last thing is the option packages. I am not very crazy about them, but I understand why it is done this way. We are talking about a Maxima with yearly sales of aprox 75K units. Not an altima which can probably do that in 2 months. With a low number of units for sale it is very hard to have a car with the exact option everyone wants. Which is the reason they grouped options so they do not have cars sitting with options people do not want. I although would like to see some of the features as stand alone that can be done so, example cooled driver seat, rear shade, spoiler.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM

vladi77 and NismoMax80 are spot-on. It would be nice to scan down a list of the many dozens of options available when all possible packages are included and order precisely what we want. But those days are over. That would be a most inefficient way to sell cars, especially a car that is not a high-volume line.

Yes, this means we will have to make certain adjustments. For instance, I can't get a frost interior with a white car with Premium package. In my hot climate, I don't want a dark interior, so charcoal is out. That leaves the tan/mocha (whatever they call it). I personally don't think a shade of brown goes with white, but I understand the economic realities of the situation, and will adjust. And buy and enjoy.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Project Ruby......

Whitemarsh, MD, Carmax Nissan dealer has 4 listed on their website.

$35,3xx to $362xx so far.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-re...9-bb88f43486b2
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 AM

my dealer was willing to come $500 off sticker. Still too much for a fully loaded premium with tech package.

It was hot though. This thing pulls and pulls. On our test drive we pulled up next to a Lexus IS-F (cool, but those tailpipes are ugly). This guy knew what we were in and we tried lighting him up. Needless to say, he kicked our ****, but we had a good time while doing it.

The CVT is awesome and responsive. Definately takes some getting used to waiting for the shift points of the engine (which never come). No torque steer, I don't know what everyone else is talking about.

Only downside, on left turns I used to hold onto the shifter. On the 09, the selector pulls left for DS mode, can't do that any more.

Oh, and by the way, as with the release of any new model year, our resale values have dropped and our models become less desirable. On first quote, without haggling, 13k for an 04 SL with 66k miles. we'll have to wait until everything is paid off more.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM

blulytes, The Max I drove did not have torque steer, not sure what others are talking about either ???? The majority seem to say it has none.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Bluelytes- Thanks for the info. Really good to hear that people are having a good experience during the test drives. I will be planning to test drive myself within the next few weeks when I am able to take some vacation from work.

4DRSpeed- Thanks for the link. Nice to see the factory invoice pricing there. Gives us a number to try to reach. LOL. As I expected on the nissan website when i price with all the options I want I am getting about 37-38K. I was figuring a discount of 2-3K within 6-9 months. Would make this car a great deal very nicely loaded for $35K.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed

THAT'S
Old 07-03-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed

I got my '05 Xterra from them and they are on my list when I start to shop soon. I just loved the ease of the process.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Project Ruby......

i work for Knoxville Carmax. It's just a used store it's not the MEGA Carmax stores with new and used, pretty good pricing on cars. If you search around for a while you can find some pretty damn good deals on the site.

Looks like they've already sold one as well. On our intraweb site they released an article back in March saying they were getting 6 GT-Rs, all were spoken for.

Last edited by 4DRSpeed; 07-03-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Blulytes
my dealer was willing to come $500 off sticker. Still too much for a fully loaded premium with tech package.

It was hot though. This thing pulls and pulls. On our test drive we pulled up next to a Lexus IS-F (cool, but those tailpipes are ugly). This guy knew what we were in and we tried lighting him up. Needless to say, he kicked our ****, but we had a good time while doing it.

The CVT is awesome and responsive. Definately takes some getting used to waiting for the shift points of the engine (which never come). No torque steer, I don't know what everyone else is talking about.

Only downside, on left turns I used to hold onto the shifter. On the 09, the selector pulls left for DS mode, can't do that any more.

Oh, and by the way, as with the release of any new model year, our resale values have dropped and our models become less desirable. On first quote, without haggling, 13k for an 04 SL with 66k miles. we'll have to wait until everything is paid off more.
Got my 09 Prem+Tech for 35067.00 +tax and Lic