7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

ooooh i saw a maxima and took some pictures!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Very sound, Mike

ooooh i saw a maxima and took some pictures!!!!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3819733&page=1

Old 05-02-2008, 03:27 PM

If you click on the link: p://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3819733&page=1 you will see a lot of hate towards the new Max. I think it's awesome and can't wait to buy one.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:19 PM

square grill is just not flowing with the lines of the car.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BluFlame
square grill is just not flowing with the lines of the car.
I agree but everything else looks very smooth and clean. Rims look amazing. Would love to see what the engine bay looks like and what the truck looks like. Seems it got 'shorter'.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by cfr94
I agree but everything else looks very smooth and clean. Rims look amazing. Would love to see what the engine bay looks like and what the truck looks like. Seems it got 'shorter'.
The engine bay does not look that impressive, just a lot of plastic covers which seems to be the current trend with upscale cars.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Still not completely sold on it yet.....Rims do look SICKKKK though.....
Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 PM

Yes, if one considers the grille as an entity unto itself, it seems 'squarish'. But each time I looked at the car in person (both at the Nissan plant and at the Atlanta Auto Show), my natural eyeflow ignored the small body segments between the grille and the headlight assemblies, and sort of assimilated the headlights and grille as one, and I saw where Nissan was getting their 'liquid motion' theme. The little tabs at the bottom rear of the headlights, which I was not sold on when looking at the pictures, actually added to the 'liquid motion' effect as I stood looking at the car live.

I noticed that some of the more vitrolic denigrations on the referenced vwvortex site had (not unexpectedly) the VW emblem as their avatar. I'll bet it really chafes long-time VW fans to see competitive Nissan products not only continue to show daring styling, but also continue to destroy most VW products when it comes to reliability.

cfr94 - The '09 Maxima is indeed shorter (both in body and in wheelbase) than the 6th gen. It is also wider in the wheel/fender areas, but not wider in the main body. This gives sort of a 'figure 8' appearance from overhead, and tends to reduce the bulky look some saw in the 6th gen.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:49 PM

When is this big beesh schedualed for release?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love the front end design; it gets back to the boxy Maxima looks of the earlier cars, the 1st, 2nd, and best 3rd gens. It has returned to it's roots while moving forward.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
I love the front end design; it gets back to the boxy Maxima looks of the earlier cars, the 1st, 2nd, and best 3rd gens. It has returned to it's roots while moving forward.
I agree with you. i think the 3rd was the best maxima. out of the 3 i have had (including mom's 6th gen) i still like the 3rd. and seeing the 7th first thing that came to mind was the return of my 3rd and makes me want one more so then just upgrading to a 5th gen next. i think this 7th is a beast and its not scared to show it. can't wait for an actual test of it and since i'll be in connecticut when it hits the showroom i can't wait to test drive it
Old 05-03-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by gold4dsc
I agree with you. i think the 3rd was the best maxima. out of the 3 i have had (including mom's 6th gen) i still like the 3rd. and seeing the 7th first thing that came to mind was the return of my 3rd and makes me want one more so then just upgrading to a 5th gen next. i think this 7th is a beast and its not scared to show it. can't wait for an actual test of it and since i'll be in connecticut when it hits the showroom i can't wait to test drive it
couldn't agree more
Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
07 alitma

man i cant wait for them to come out im def. trading in my car for one
Old 05-03-2008, 06:50 PM

Nice...definitely gets better looking to me each time I see it....just need to drop that front end about an inch or so....and perhaps a tasteful rear spoiler...
Old 05-03-2008, 07:50 PM

Fadrvr - Nissan has said in several publications for months that the plan is to get this car to the dealers in June. But, in other publications, Nissan is saying either 'summer' or 'early summer'.

Based on the fact I was still seeing '08 Maximas coming off the assembly line in Smyrna less than two weeks ago (and also on things being said by employees at that plant), my bet is that the '09 Maximas may not begin arriving at Nissan's 'highest performing' dealerships until the last week of June at the earliest, at other high-volume Nissan dealerships a week or so later, and smaller dealerships a week or so after that.

But of course those are purely guesses, and if a production glitch that cannot be quickly resolved crops up, everything could change.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
what do you expect from kids driving chick whips
Originally Posted by Blulytes
those guys are putz's over on that forum.
atleast some of them like it..
Let's not stoop to the level of bashing other forums or enthusiasts either then, so try to keep the discussion strictly to the 7th Gen.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM

thats an awesome looking car.. wow
Old 05-08-2008, 02:49 PM

is nissan serious with this thing? this car is so ugly and not sporty looking at all. the interior is an exact copy of g35. this car has no character watsoever
Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM

I love the bigger rear window. Got into a 6th gen today, I couldnt se **** out of the rearview.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:19 PM

This car has grown on me more and more. At first, I wasn't sure about the tab at the bottom rear of the headlights, but I now realize that was part of the 'liquid motion' theme. The headlights look almost liquid, with two separate 'trails' flowing to the rear of each.

I also thought the grille was too large. But after seeing the car in person several times, I became aware the grille was not as large as the photos taken from close-in made it look. Looking at the car from ten to fifty feet away, I really like the grille.

The aerodynamic touches along the bottom of the sides and rear are a nice touch. I also like the wider and shorter stance, the sculpting along the sides giving a slightly leaner look, and I like the fairly clean rear.

I think Nissan did a good job of making this car look more luxurious while adding sporting touches at the same time.

Of course, as the poll at the top of this thread shows, there will be around 10% of the public that does not like this design, and others who have reservations about one or two aspects, such as headlights or grille. But this car is a pleasure for me to look at, and I know it will reach the 80K sales Nissan has in mind.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 AM

The Max look like a eagle or hawk veering down on it's prey from the side. I love the way the car looks from the rear/side angle... I can hardly wait to see this all the other colors...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
If you click on the link: p://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3819733&page=1 you will see a lot of hate towards the new Max. I think it's awesome and can't wait to buy one.
when you get one be sure to come out to our DNE meets and Maxima meets in arlington
Old 05-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

Its really good looking. Like one of the best looking cars for 30k, and the inside is even better. Can't wait to check one out in person.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 PM

wow they are sooo nice... i was excited to get my 6th gen... now i feel like i should've waited
Old 05-11-2008, 09:03 PM

What a good looking car,
Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 AM

I have to agree, I will admit I was one of the original doubters. Original I was not very crazy about the headlights or the grill, but the headlights have really grown on me and the grill, well after seing a few photoshops I am sure there will be some aftermarket within a few months of release.

I think that 3rd picture on the post really shows what the car is about. The car has such sleek line from front to back and the tails lights look amazing.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:28 PM
*moderator*

We talked to heads from Nissan at the Stillen meet, he said end of June....
Old 05-26-2008, 10:59 PM

jsmithsole - Thanks. That makes sense. Nissan has (via releases, etc) sort of committed to June. But when at the assembly plant last month, I saw '08s on the assembly line, not '09s (although there were finished '09s sitting near the line), so felt there had been some glitch or delay for whatever reason. But it must have been resolved fairly quickly, and it seems Nissan will meet the 'June' promise.

This is going to be a fun summer!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 AM

I like it...will be giving myself a present for Christmas 2009 when my current lease is up.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

A looker the 7th Gen is, but... No All wheel drive option, No sequental auto/manual option and no VQ35HR the Maxima really seems to be limited by that pesky Infiniti badge and the "prestige" that comes with it. Nissan needs to really get over the "the G35 always needs to have the leg up" mode of thought if they really want a competitor in the "non premium badge performance genre". If GM can put the exact same engine from their Cadillac CTS Base engine model into a Chevy Malibu and to me and as far as I can observe Cadillac even now still has quite a bit more prestige attached to it's brand than Infiniti. (Please I know we are all borderline to not so borderline rice/bahn burner lovers but please be real about the last statement) Why can't the VQ35HR go into the Maxima? At least to me it seem they are artificially limiting the car and hence, have not got me sold yet. But damn!! She is hot!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shinjiduo
A looker the 7th Gen is, but... No All wheel drive option, No sequental auto/manual option and no VQ35HR the Maxima really seems to be limited by that pesky Infiniti badge and the "prestige" that comes with it. Nissan needs to really get over the "the G35 always needs to have the leg up" mode of thought if they really want a competitor in the "non premium badge performance genre". If GM can put the exact same engine from their Cadillac CTS Base engine model into a Chevy Malibu and to me and as far as I can observe Cadillac even now still has quite a bit more prestige attached to it's brand than Infiniti. (Please I know we are all borderline to not so borderline rice/bahn burner lovers but please be real about the last statement) Why can't the VQ35HR go into the Maxima? At least to me it seem they are artificially limiting the car and hence, have not got me sold yet. But damn!! She is hot!!!
i can totally relate and agree with your views and opinions
Old 06-14-2008, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by hi-tek22
i can totally relate and agree with your views and opinions
Unfortunately, we are but two of millions of potential buyers. Nissan execs probably read these rants and laugh their asses off.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:23 AM

Yes, there are many here who would like the '09 Maxima to have 306HP like the G35. I have even seen several on this board who wanted 330 to 350HP.

BUT

Even at 306HP, the G35 gets several MPG less in all-around driving than the Maxima in tests. The Maxima is intended to be a near-luxury FWD stylish affordable reliable family sedan. To fill that role, one requirement is that it get decent gas mileage. With the price of gas seemingly headed for the stratosphere, a rapidly increasing number of drivers today are very concerned with MPG.

Sure, there are still many young drivers who are more concerned with elapsed time than with MPG. But for the masses of regular hard-working folks, that is no longer the case.

If the '09 Maxima is to be a success in the marketplace, Nissan has to try to be all things to a large broad section of people. That means they have to weigh accelleration/power against MPG, and try to find the right compromise. I personally feel they hit it on the nose. I certainly don't need to get to 60MPH in five seconds. And I certainly appreciate that I can get there in six seconds and still get decent gas mileage in the '09 Maxima.

No, the '09 Maxima will never be all things to all people. But for my money, it is the best combination of the many things I am looking for in a car that I have found.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:10 PM

What makes you think it dosnt have the VQ35HR?? Has it been said anywhere that they are still using the VQ35DE?
Old 06-14-2008, 04:11 PM

all i know, from what my bosses have said, is that the car will be in show rooms early this month. I have to walk through the stock parking lot and usually there are a whole lot of 7th gens there but friday, most of them were gone. so i bet they will be in showrooms shortly.
and the best looking one is the navy blue, black leather, all glass roof with 19's.\
Old 06-14-2008, 04:53 PM

tigersharkdude - First sale date is June 26, which is only 12 days away. That means the first ones should be arriving at larger dealer's back lots this coming week. I have been checking there every few days. This week, my checks will become daily. I am excited!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 PM

light--- you have alot of time on hands I guess, meantime i think you should test drive a G8 just to see if comparisons are justified and what you think of the pontiac.
i know you'll never buy one, neither would i, but just for the heck of it you should do it since you like to walk around dealer lots.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
What makes you think it dosnt have the VQ35HR?? Has it been said anywhere that they are still using the VQ35DE?
Well it doesn't have a VQ35 it has a "revised" version of the VQ35DE which is a significantly different engine. Nissan with this new Max is pushing the practical limits of the conventional VQ35 design. This is clearly illustrated by the 20 percent drop in bhp if anything other than premium gas is used. On the other hand given the stats that the VQ35HR is putting out it is very lightly tuned at 306 bhp and probably could come out of the factory with little compromise (NVH, Powerband curve, mileage etc.) at 330 bhp. I am also sure that even though it like all VQ's prefer premium it won't have that nasty drop off if you use regular since it is hardly being challenged unlike the hyper extended VQ35DE in the 09 Max.

A slight break of major differences in the VQ35DE and VQ35HR:

- Dual Air Intake
- Revised Valves and heavy duty Valve springs
- Not completely sure on the VQ35HR but possibly VVEL
- Rev limit extended to 7500 rpm
Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shinjiduo
Well it doesn't have a VQ35 it has a "revised" version of the VQ35DE which is a significantly different engine. Nissan with this new Max is pushing the practical limits of the conventional VQ35 design. This is clearly illustrated by the 20 percent drop in bhp if anything other than premium gas is used. On the other hand given the stats that the VQ35HR is putting out it is very lightly tuned at 306 bhp and probably could come out of the factory with little compromise (NVH, Powerband curve, mileage etc.) at 330 bhp. I am also sure that even though it like all VQ's prefer premium it won't have that nasty drop off if you use regular since it is hardly being challenged unlike the hyper extended VQ35DE in the 09 Max.

A slight break of major differences in the VQ35DE and VQ35HR:

- Dual Air Intake
- Revised Valves and heavy duty Valve springs
- Not completely sure on the VQ35HR but possibly VVEL
- Rev limit extended to 7500 rpm

Sorry but I believe the new Max IS using the VQ35HR. The VQ35DE is being phased out. The 2009 Maxima has a raised compression to 10.6:1, the same as the VQ35HR, it also uses the new CVTC on both the intake/exhaust side, just like the VQ35HR. And even under the new SAE rating system and a clearly more restrictive intake manifold it still manages to make 290HP....just 16HP shy of the 350Z.

And FYI the VQ35HR does not currently use VVEL technology...thats currently only on the VQ37VHR and VK50VE.

Last edited by RedBeauty84ZX; 06-14-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Yes, there are many here who would like the '09 Maxima to have 306HP like the G35. I have even seen several on this board who wanted 330 to 350HP.

BUT

Even at 306HP, the G35 gets several MPG less in all-around driving than the Maxima in tests. The Maxima is intended to be a near-luxury FWD stylish affordable reliable family sedan. To fill that role, one requirement is that it get decent gas mileage. With the price of gas seemingly headed for the stratosphere, a rapidly increasing number of drivers today are very concerned with MPG.

Sure, there are still many young drivers who are more concerned with elapsed time than with MPG. But for the masses of regular hard-working folks, that is no longer the case.

If the '09 Maxima is to be a success in the marketplace, Nissan has to try to be all things to a large broad section of people. That means they have to weigh accelleration/power against MPG, and try to find the right compromise. I personally feel they hit it on the nose. I certainly don't need to get to 60MPH in five seconds. And I certainly appreciate that I can get there in six seconds and still get decent gas mileage in the '09 Maxima.

No, the '09 Maxima will never be all things to all people. But for my money, it is the best combination of the many things I am looking for in a car that I have found.
The difference between their mileage is only 2 mpg city and 1-2 mpg hwy.(09 Max 19 / 26 08 G35 17 / 25) You factor in the fact that the Max has a gas sipping CVT, is probably 50 to 100 pounds lighter than a G35 and has front wheel drive you have to believe with a VQ35HR the Max's gas mileage numbers would be a bit more impressive. More like 22 / 30 which would make all potential max buyers happy. Not to mention that they could detune the engine by 16 bhp by lowering the compression ratio to about 9.8:1 or even 9.5:1 (although this might hurt low end grunt a little) and guess what!! You can get 290 bhp on regular gas, get higher gas mileage on 87 and give the people a car that can do 0-60 in about 6.0 seconds.

Nissan just want to have their little placebo badge have special preferential treatment. Probably because the stupid yuppies that actually thought Infiniti was a independent company finally caught up with the real world and realized they were getting the exact same engines that are found in lowly Nissan's and complained so much that Ghosn said F' it give them special engines to set them apart.

Really to be honest I would like to see the Maxima actually take a backslide on the interior some and go with the original premise the car: have just enough luxury to get by on daily commutes and a hard edge to slice right through the Accord's, Camry's, Legacy's, Galant's, Sonata's and Avalon's of the world.

Bottomline the automotive press with their constant gushing over the Accord and Camry are never going to let the general public feel like the Maxima is a viable choice for the average non-driver enthusiast crowd so Nissan needs to get back to what it does best: performance. Just this time around actually hit target markets instead of the "tweeners" like they did in the past.(i.e. 00 Altima laying between Corolla and Camry while 00 Maxima laid between Camry and ES300 for example) That's what killed Nissan in the past not it's performance tilt. If that comes at the expense of interior refinement but with some better gas mileage I am all for it.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 PM

i will ask someone, to confirm what motor this is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ooooh i saw a maxima and took some pictures!!!!