7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on display

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wink Question on display

I have a quick question on my display. I have the 09 Max SV with Sport Package. I have the nav and all that stuff. On my 04 max I use to have a temp reading on the front so I could tell what the temp was outside. I don't have that on my new Max. Does anyone know how I can program that or can I even do it? Sorry for the lame question, And yes I looked for it in the Manual! Cheers!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM

temp reading

The outside temperature reading is in the rectangular information display at the bottom of the speedometer. There are several functions that can be selected, including average mpg, miles until empty, instant mpg, and outside temperature.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by rkurlander
The outside temperature reading is in the rectangular information display at the bottom of the speedometer. There are several functions that can be selected, including average mpg, miles until empty, instant mpg, and outside temperature.
Losing the dedicated full-time outside temperature display is something I would definitely add to the "Things missed from the 6th gen" thread.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Losing the dedicated full-time outside temperature display is something I would definitely add to the "Things missed from the 6th gen" thread.
it was explained that it is simply moved. i would rather see MPG instead of Temp if given a choice. i don't need to watch Temp constantly to see if it drops 1 degree. checking once in the car is enough.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Yeah, but on my '07 I can see both simultaneously - the outside temp is in the climate control display and does not have anything to do with the trip display. No choice involved.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 PM

I am 'temp ****' (especially living where the humi-temp is often miserable), and record both the 'official' high and the 'observed' high in my diary every day. I probably check the outside temp several times an hour whenever I am in the car, more often when climbing or descending high mountains, and will have the outside temp displayed at all times. I would have enjoyed having the MPG displayed, but the onboard computer calculated MPG, although usually close, is not extremely accurate.

Under this new setup, I would think most normal Maxima drivers will prefer having the MPG or miles-till-empty displayed. Would have been nice to have temp separate from the other options, but I can deal with this new setup. It will simply take a day or two adjustment to look in this new place for the temp.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Love my '09

I won't miss it, tho it's around if I want to look. I live in the Tampa area.

We usually have 2 temperatures. Hot, and Hotter. I don't need a number to tell me that.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm thinking about taking Maxima09 and wanna ask you guys a question.

How is GPS works? is it like TomTom good? Is the map moving and everything? any problems with it?

I'm asking because I saw GPS on G35 2002 and it was terrible. It just showed you pictures of your next turns..

If someone can shoot a little of video while moving it'll be the best..

Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Love my '09

It's a scrolling/moving map just like Tomtom. You also have Birdview. When you program a route, it'll show you a short list of turn by turns, and go back to the map with your route shown. As you come up on a turn, it displays the turn on 1/2 the screen and map on the other half.
The maps are just as accurate as TomTom. Your best bet to get a feel is go testdrive one and press the MAP button.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:50 PM

It works better than my Garmin that I had bought when I had my truck.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bellorusha
I'm thinking about taking Maxima09 and wanna ask you guys a question.

How is GPS works? is it like TomTom good? Is the map moving and everything? any problems with it?

I'm asking because I saw GPS on G35 2002 and it was terrible. It just showed you pictures of your next turns..

If someone can shoot a little of video while moving it'll be the best..

Thanks
There are multiple views in the Navi (at least in my 05 FX35). There is the "street view" which as you described only gives the current street and next turn. There is also the "birds eye" view which shows the "entire" map while showing your route. Many times though the old pics only shoed the street view, which made it look "simple".......
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM

hey does anybody notice any lag in the mpg display when the gass is pressed.. like half a sec or so?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM

I have mine on the outside temp.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

one more question to 09 maxima owners.

When you have incomming call coming in to your bluetooth paired phone, does it show the number on center display or mini dash display?

I have maxima 07, and it doesn't, and I so hate this.

Thank you.,
Old 09-29-2008, 08:00 AM

one more question to 09 maxima owners.

When you have incomming call coming in to your bluetooth paired phone, does it show the number on center display or mini dash display?

I have maxima 07, and it doesn't, and I so hate this.

Thank you.,
I'm not sure about a Maxima without the tech pack, but with it, it shows on the
display screen. It overrides the audio and whatever else was on the screen at that time.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:24 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

That's good to hear... pisses me off that my $100 TomTom can display Bluetooth caller ID and phonebook info from my phone but my '07 Max can't. I love the hands-free system otherwise, but I get reminded of this major shortcoming everytime the phone rings and I gotta dig the phone out of my pocket (not easy with seatbelt on) to see who it is.

Last edited by jcalabria; 09-29-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thank you, what about Voice Recognition, I know infiniti g35 have Voice Recognition for climate control, audio, information and navigation systems but I can't find any info about Maxima.

thanks again
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM

thank you, what about Voice Recognition, I know infiniti g35 have Voice Recognition for climate control, audio, information and navigation systems but I can't find any info about Maxima.

thanks again
I haven't tried that yet!!! lol! Too busy CRANKING THE BOSE!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM

These cars have Voice Recognition?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by SSGStukes
These cars have Voice Recognition?
The optional Technology Package has a Navi system with Voice Recognition.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

There are 2 modes for voice recognition. Standard mode and alternate command mode. In alternate command mode there are many more commands available: navigation-26 commands, phone-6 commands, audio-6 commands, vehicle information-5 commands and climate control-2 commands. The two climate control commands are one that turns on the climate control in auto mode and one that turns the climate control off. There are no other commands like setting the temperature or changing the fan speed. I have not tried this yet on my car and as I have found out, the manual is not always accurate. There is a tire pressure command listed as a vehicle information command in the manual but it does not work. I suspect it is probably a case of copying and pasting from another manual and forgetting to delete it. This information is from the 09 owners manual.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:54 AM

Crazy!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 AM

does anyone know how to delete out the previous destinations in the navigation?