7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:27 AM

That's a good dealer. I went elsewhere but they were next on my list if I didnt find the deal i wanted.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM

Went out today and test drove the g35X and the Maxima with the wife.....SHe liked the Max more ....We are about to get out of a lease with Infiniti so either way we were "staying in the family". We decided to keep leasing and went with the Max. Black on Black with Prem and Tech. 1500 down, 526 a month and they pay the last 2 payments on the FX.....Not a great deal, but not a bad deal, but we did have to haggle for that...

When we talked to the Infiniti people they were trying to get us to pay MSRP for the 08, I almsot had to laugh seeing as the 08s are going for mid to low 30s loaded now.....We both agree though the Max was just a tiny step above the g35 in almost every way.

It was kind of funny at the dealershop though, thry almsot tried to tell me that they were selling a lot of them, I thought is was funny sicne I havent seen 1 on the road since its release in my state....

Last edited by JHOVAMAX; 11-29-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dkmura
So cost for your SV premium + tech + spoiler Max was right at $34K, including the documentation fee.
Yes it was, it also included splash guards and floor mats. I also forgot to mention that they had to trade my car from another dealer, so it was not their "backlot" special.
Max

Dealer was:
Bruce Bennet Nissan in Wilton, CT
If you want to deal with my salesman, I highly recommend him (ask for Scott, tell him Max sent you)

In general, a few dealers were highly competetive. Among them Executive Nissan in North Haven, Crowley Nissan in Bristol. It was a tossup as far as getting it from Bruce Bennet. Timing and price was right, and I was under extreme pressure to find the car before my rental expired. Good luck to you all. It is not a bad time to buy a car, but it might get even better with incentives (when and if they ever come).

Last edited by maxud; 11-30-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by JHOVAMAX
Went out today and test drove the g35X and the Maxima with the wife.....SHe liked the Max more ....
Funny enough, I did the same thing. Took my wife to look at both Max and G35. She helped me to make up my mind

Infiniti dealers must be hurting right about now. Around here, each has upwards of 60 2008 g35x on the lot. Now is the time to get them if you think you can give up on the Max. The only place g35 has advantage over Max is AWD, warranty and the tech package.
Max
Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by maxud
Infiniti dealers must be hurting right about now. Around here, each has upwards of 60 2008 g35x on the lot. Now is the time to get them if you think you can give up on the Max. The only place g35 has advantage over Max is AWD, warranty and the tech package.
Max
The other advantage that the G35 may have over the '09 Maxima is PRICE. Since the G is built in Japan, there are reports of many, many cars piling up on the docks. With the '09 G37 succeeding the '08 G35 models, it may well end up with some incredible G35 deals (followed closely bt the G37) in 2009.
If greater incentives are provided after the New Year, then Infiniti may offer the best deal.

The Maxima is built domestically and that may give Nissan more flexibility in tailoring demand. But I'd also guess bigger sales incentives will be needed in '09 to keep moving cars. So we'll see. Threads like this are useful in gauging where the market is going and this coming year may be a buyer's market in more than one area, Both the Max and the G are fine products and I'm glad to have some choices!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

$339 lease

I got a 2009-S 39mo lease for $339/mo plus $20/mo tax w/$2600 down in October. The S is hard to find.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SpuddBrother
I got a 2009-S 39mo lease for $339/mo plus $20/mo tax w/$2600 down in October. The S is hard to find.
Depends on what part of the country you're in. In Colorado, Maxima S models are in several Denver dealerships. I predict they'll become more commonplace as dealerships look to reduce floor plan costs and offer lower priced alternatives for consumers.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:29 AM

Good deal????

Here's my situation. 09 SV with sport pkg. Traidin my 02 altima 2.5s with 114000 miles. Giving me 5grand for it, OTD price is $28867. Is this a good deal? Im in Louisiana and am buying in about 5 hours. Plz respond, Thanks!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jixxxer
Here's my situation. 09 SV with sport pkg. Traidin my 02 altima 2.5s with 114000 miles. Giving me 5grand for it, OTD price is $28867. Is this a good deal? Im in Louisiana and am buying in about 5 hours. Plz respond, Thanks!!!!
Since everywhere is different this may be a good deal for your area...You may be able to get a little knowcked off the price for the new Max though, I know via USAA they are offering the SV Premium Tech, Mats, Splash Gaurds for ~35.2 WHich is a little under invoice....Most dealers WILL work with you on the price, so if this was your first offer, try going lower if possible, or getting something thrown in...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:03 AM

what are some things i can get thrown in?????
Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If you haven't made your purchase yet I'd wait until the weekend. I've heard that Nissan has scheduled a meeting for tomorrow in the Northeast to determine what type, if any incentives are needed to move more vehicles for the holiday shortened month. No guarantee that any maxima incentives will materialize but I can guarantee that they won't be any worse than what is currently available if you wait a few days.

As far as things to throw in to a deal...ask for mats and/or splash guards.

Good luck
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by maxman06
If you haven't made your purchase yet I'd wait until the weekend. I've heard that Nissan has scheduled a meeting for tomorrow in the Northeast to determine what type, if any incentives are needed to move more vehicles for the holiday shortened month. No guarantee that any maxima incentives will materialize but I can guarantee that they won't be any worse than what is currently available if you wait a few days.

As far as things to throw in to a deal...ask for mats and/or splash guards.

Good luck
Thanks for the heads up. I was in a Nissan dealership today lamenting the lack of rebates or financing on the Max. The manager cited the Altima example in which it took 18 months after product launch for rebates to creep in. However, he and I agreed that the current economic conditions are different. We (buyers) have the advantage.

How about some numbers to cheer you up? In Nov 2008, Maxima sales were 2,700 units. In the same month last year, sales were 4,200. New model or not, sales are hurting.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 PM

I purchased my Maxima SV back in August for $36K. It has the premium + technology package, trunk organizer with first aid kit, rear spoiler, wheel locks, and tint (dealer-installed). I probably could have gotten a better deal if I had waited...but I couldn't wait. I think the MSRP was around $38K. My younger brother is looking to buy one now but the dealership near us keeps telling him that they have a hard time keeping the SV with premium + tech package on the lot.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You are correct about the market being different these days. As far as his altima comment...Acura reduced the MF on he 09 Tl today. It dropped from 0.00290 down to 0.00190 and 0.00165 on the base with tech pkg. The 09 Acura has been on the market for less time than the Maxima. Let's hope Nissan follows the lead!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM

OK 6 months ago I bought an '07 for 17,900. I saved over 10,000 by getting one a year old. Something to think about...

OH, and never buy a salvaged vehicle, they will never be worth anything. Not to mention the potential for frame/body alignment issues.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 AM

well i made the purchase, and got the sv sport pkg, mats, splash guards, trunk org. for a lil under 32k, I really love the car!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

That's a good price Jixxxer and the same model I am in the market for.
I'm looking to lease and am hoping the MF is reduced from the current rate of 0.00258.

Congratulations on your purchase!

What color did you get?
I'm torn between the Black or radiant silver.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:12 AM

I was just offered a 09 Max Prem/Tech for $34,065 w/ matts and guards. That is below invoice isnt it? My wife paid 36k for the exact same car in September.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by madlaw1071
I was just offered a 09 Max Prem/Tech for $34,065 w/ matts and guards. That is below invoice isnt it? My wife paid 36k for the exact same car in September.
The current MSRP (incl destination) for the above car would be 39,205
The invoice would be 35657.

If the car was manufactured earlier in the year, then reduce each figure above by about 850.00 as Nissan increased the values using increased cost of raw materials as the justification.

In either case you are way below invoice and that is a terrific price!
I am assuming there is no trade involved or inflated dealer fees that would offset the selling price.

What state is the dealer located in that offered you that price?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 AM

The current MSRP (incl destination) for the above car would be 39,205
The invoice would be 35657.

If the car was manufactured earlier in the year, then reduce each figure above by about 850.00 as Nissan increased the values using increased cost of raw materials as the justification.

In either case you are way below invoice and that is a terrific price!
I am assuming there is no trade involved or inflated dealer fees that would offset the selling price.

What state is the dealer located in that offered you that price?
Dealer is straight up, we bought my wife's 09 Max there and had a great experience. Dealer is in West Palm Beach. They are paying the final 9 payments on my Audi lease and the 1st payment on the Max lease.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 PM

I'm looking to lease and am hoping the MF is reduced from the current rate of 0.00258.

What color did you get?
thanks; I got the dark slate, i gave the dealer 3 color choices i wanted; black, radiant silver and dark slate. The dark slate was the only one with the pkg i wanted. The silver is very sharp, my altime as white so i wanted to try something darker. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:57 PM

What color did you get?
although silver is nice, and your chances of having this problem lessens depending on which place you take it too, but silver or any medium shade of it is the hardest color to match when it comes to painting or touching up, since there are so many shades of it. I had a silver accord previously and if you don't take it to the right place, you will have different shades of silver on your car like I did. I got the black, you may be scared becuase you can see all imperfections on a black car and you can tell how dirty it is but i actually like that, I want to know these things. Also, black is the nicest looking when it is actually clean.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Thanks for finding some humor in my plaintive bleatings.

I am not a big fan of Detroit products. I owned/drove nothing but Detroit products from 1949 to 1978, and there was hardly ever a time that something didn't need fixing on every car I ever had. I'm not sure Detroit really 'got it' back then.

I also remember that many of the kids I grew up with in the '40s dropped out of school and headed to Detroit instead of college, because they made more as an assembly line worker than many college grads were able to take home in professional jobs where I lived in the South. I'm not sure Detroit really understood the effect they were having on Southern families back then.

As late as this past spring, Detroit was still churning out a preponderance of big road hogs that were getting from 11 to 15 MPG, and many of their dealer lots were jam-packed with far more huge vehicles than they could possibly sell. I knew then that Detroit still had no clue.

There has always been a seldom spoken, but very obvious 'attitude' in the deep South, especially among older folks, against foreign vehicles. Some of the dealers here even have U.S. flags waving in their ads, and they sometimes slip in the phrase 'buy American.' Even back in the mid-1970s, when I was still driving only American cars, that turned me off.

I still see 'that look' (as in 'why aren't you supporting America?') in the eyes of folks my age when they see my Maxima. They don't seem to understand that their Crown Vic or Grand Marquis or G8 was assembled outside the U.S., while my Maxima was assembled in Tennessee by Americans using over 80% American-made parts. Sadly, their automotive knowledge became stagnant around the time the Terraplanes and Pierce-Arrows disappeared.

But I ramble.

Yes, it would be very bad for our entire economy (especially the automotive world) if the Big Three went under. But our government cannot afford to totally make up the many billions of dollars the Big Three are losing every quarter. And few folks are in position to buy anything they made anyhow. There is no easy fix.

At least I will have shoes to wear during this coming depression; during parts of the 1930s, I had no shoes.
This is great and nice to see other people who understand this! When I hear talks about bailing out The Big Three it disturbs me because fundamental microeconomics are ignored. You can't allow the fear of certain hypotheticals interfere with the results of poorly run companies selling less than desirable products. I am American and proud of it, but that doesn't define how I purchase the products that make my life better! If they want me to buy "American", build better cars or make the new Z06 $25,000.

Sorry I ramble too.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Talking Name my price...pretty please...

I have weathered the storm, it is a scary process on the 09 Maxima to come up with a properly optioned car that does not really **** you off because of something you have to leave behind...

SV+Premium+Splash Guards+Spoiler+Mats+Trunk Organizer

What do you think can I get away with on price, and should I wait a week or 2 to see if incentives come out?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:54 AM

I am looking into buying an 09 SV demo with 4500 miles and have made an offer:
I will be trading a 04 SE Altima loaded that I am $3500 upside down on and have offered $30,000 for the Max out the door with me paying TTL. Is this a realistic offer given todays climate?
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 AM

Anytime you're trading in a vehicle that you're upside down on, I don't think you can ever erase the debt. It gets buried somewhere in the deal. As for your offer, expect the dealership to come back with a counteroffer. Whether they can turn your Altima quick will be a factor, but in this economy, you're not in a good negotiating position.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:23 PM

You were right - They countered but it was not good news for me.
The actual trade value they are going to give me is $6500 putting me $4500 upside down. I know wow!
Anyways the MSRP on the Max SV was right at $33,000. Taking into consideration that it was a Demo with over 4k miles and the fact that they had some hail damage insurance money to through my way they counter offer was $35,000.
I think I'll jus pay my Alti off and then car shop two years from now.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner
You were right - They countered but it was not good news for me.
The actual trade value they are going to give me is $6500 putting me $4500 upside down. I know wow!
Anyways the MSRP on the Max SV was right at $33,000. Taking into consideration that it was a Demo with over 4k miles and the fact that they had some hail damage insurance money to through my way they counter offer was $35,000.
I think I'll jus pay my Alti off and then car shop two years from now.

don't for for their scheming, just wait it out, as much as the new maxima is awesome just wait it out, and that way you can get the next models that come out woot, goodluck man
Old 12-13-2008, 07:22 AM

just wait a little longer and you will find a better deal.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM

There will be some incentives eventually. At worst next year when the 2010's are on the way. The 08's had a low interest rate and plenty of decent rebates...but I HAVE noticed that on Maxima the incentives arent GREAT..thats because the car SELLS!

I wanted to buy GM...and if you look at their website, some of the cars are 5-10k off sticker BRAND NEW....good time to buy a chevy/pontiac right now.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mls277
There will be some incentives eventually. At worst next year when the 2010's are on the way. The 08's had a low interest rate and plenty of decent rebates...but I HAVE noticed that on Maxima the incentives arent GREAT..thats because the car SELLS!

I wanted to buy GM...and if you look at their website, some of the cars are 5-10k off sticker BRAND NEW....good time to buy a chevy/pontiac right now.
Let's not forget that the A36 Maxima was just released in the last year! Nissan will not be too excited about putting incentives on a design that is still smokin' hot. It's the dealers who need to move metal and prices posted in this thread indicate many are willing to go below invoice to do so.

Although there's little doubt the domestics (including GM) have some great incentives currently, look around. People are buying new G35Xs for $6-7K off sticker and even the new Max is going for $5K under MSRP. I'd say it's an even BETTER time to buy a Infiniti/Nissan!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 AM

I was planning on buying a 09 max sometime around April which would give me a little more time to save some more money and hopefully I could be able to get the price down to a little under invoice. With that said, do any of you think that I can get a better deal if I go sometime after christmas and before new year and to try to get a good deal with them trying to sell their cars before the end of the years? If anyone has ever bought a car at the end of the year can you let me know how deperate they were to sell their cars. Thanks

Last edited by nitro230; 12-14-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by nitro230
I was planning on buying a 09 max sometime around April which would give me a little more time to save some more money and hopefully I could be able to get the price down to a little under invoice. With that said, do any of you think that I can get a better deal if I go sometime after christmas and before new year and to try to get a good deal with them trying to sell their cars before the end of the years? If anyone has ever bought a car at the end of the year can you let me know how deperate they were to sell their cars. Thanks

Find out when they are closing Christmas eve and visit about 45 minutes before that time. My guess is you will get a great deal.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:54 PM

What do you think about $250 under invoice?

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV

Radiant Silver / Charcoal

Floor / trunk mats

Premium package

Premium technology package

Splash guards

MSRP: $39,205

INVOICE: $35,657

YOUR PRICE: $35,407 + tax, title, license

You may also consider:

Dark Slate / Charcoal

Floor / trunk mats

Premium package

Splash guards

MSRP: $36,485

INVOICE: $33,256

YOUR PRICE: $33,006 + tax, title, license
Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Blulytes
What do you think about $250 under invoice?

Radiant Silver / Charcoal

Floor / trunk mats

Premium package

Premium technology package

Splash guards

MSRP: $39,205

INVOICE: $35,657

YOUR PRICE: $35,407 + tax, title, license

You may also consider:

Dark Slate / Charcoal

Floor / trunk mats

Premium package

Splash guards

MSRP: $36,485

INVOICE: $33,256

YOUR PRICE: $33,006 + tax, title, license
Not bad, but I think this kind of discount may become standard in '09. Does this daelership have much fluff to add-on to the price? It's also helpful to know what city and state you got your Maxima pricing from...
Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought mine on Monday (in Mississippi)...White Maxima 09 with Prem+tech - splash guards and some dealer "extras"...was stickered around $39200 or something like that and they sold it for $35,500 (including tax).

Great car...I got the windows tinted...and will probably change the rims...but besides that - its perfect for us.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 PM

Okay let me know what you all think.
I bought a 09 SV with spoiler, bluetooth, heated seats, bose, mats, roof, etc. for $29,000. It was a dealer demo with 4400 miles but there is more. I traded in an 04 Altima 3.5 with 107,000 miles and they gave me $6500 for it. I owed $11,200 (didn't make payments for a full year type of loan) so they rolled $4700 over on the negotiated price to bring my total to $33,700. I figure they will make a grand or two off of the Altima to make up for things but I felt like it was a good deal. I actually passed on a 08 G35 sedan with 11,000 miles on it which I had previously negotiated to $25,000. What made me go with the Max was the difference in room. The backseat for the G was just too tight.
Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback from you all.
Thanks!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Great deal

That is an outstanding deal for a 2009. What color is it? You are going to love it, I'm sure.

I just put mine inside the garage until the snow clears..the two Aleros will get the mileage so the Maxima can stay clean and new. : )

Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *New car shopper*