7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Products & Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2010Max
I have a 2010 Maxima with the luxury package, it didn't come with a spoiler so I had the dealer add one. Now I'm thinking I want to have the light bar in the rear window deck removed since the spoiler has one built in. Anyone know if that can easily be removed or will I have to have the dealer order an entire new panel for the rear window deck where it sits. I'm guessing if I try to remove it there will be holes where it was mounted.

Thanks!
The decklid light pops right out and a small carpeted panel takes its spot. You can do it yourself if you order the part. I can't imagine it costs much.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Would anybody go for this? I found it on Ebay and it looks like a solid deal with a lot of positive reviews. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...s#ht_754wt_939
Old 08-19-2010, 07:06 AM

I added the K&N air intake to my 2010 Maxima last night and now the auto up feature on my power windows doesn't work. They will go auto down but not auto up. I'm guessing I lost the programing for this feature when I disconnected the battery for install. Is this something I'll have to take the car to the dealership to fix?

Thanks!
FYI....I called the dealership and found out you can reprogram the memory for the power windows buy rolling the window all of the way down and back up and while it's rolled up hold the button in the up position for about 10 seconds. That will reprogram the memory for the auto roll up feature.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 AM

Anyone have factory 19's they want to unload?

Has anyone added aftermarket rims to the Maxima and want to unload their factory 19 sport rims and tires? I have a 2010 Maxima with premium package with the 18's and want the 19 sport wheels/tires.

Last edited by 2010Max; 08-19-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Headers don't exist, Exhaust is Borla, hands down, y-pipe is Racingline, and you have a bunch of choices for intakes. I would wait for R2C but they apparently are taking their sweet time to get production units made... Depends on how much of a rush you are in.
I have done the K&N intake and love the sound and added power, the next thing I was going to take care of was the Borla until I saw this post. The Y pipe on the Racingline website looks awesome, What would the benefit be of doing the Y pipe and the Borla exhaust?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 PM

TURBO! that is all I want..... Still waiting on some company to build us a kit!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:14 PM

searching like crazy but not finding what i was hoping to see...Review on the Injen CAI. had it on my 04 Maxima and wondering if i should switch brands on the 2010. Thoughts? Thanks.

JC
Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have an Injen intake and I can feel the added power for sure. It was my first mod and I did the work myself in about an hour. If you don't want to wait for others that are coming out in the future, this is the one to buy. I also added the Racingline Y-pipe after the intake, but I did not feel the additional power like I did from the intake. Overall I would say the car is much quicker from 40 to 100 than it was before these 2 mods. 0 to 40 may be slightly quicker, but not as much of a change as the higher speeds. Please add Injen to the intake section.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by brooklynsmax123
injen intake or stillen?

Injen.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jzing
I have an Injen intake and I can feel the added power for sure. It was my first mod and I did the work myself in about an hour. If you don't want to wait for others that are coming out in the future, this is the one to buy. I also added the Racingline Y-pipe after the intake, but I did not feel the additional power like I did from the intake. Overall I would say the car is much quicker from 40 to 100 than it was before these 2 mods. 0 to 40 may be slightly quicker, but not as much of a change as the higher speeds. Please add Injen to the intake section.
Funny you say that. i had the same experience with my 04 Maxima and the Injen CAI...strong gains in the 0-40/50 MPH range but not as much beyond that. good to hear that you like it. Motivates me more to get one. i'll check your gallary for pics of the intake.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by G9Max
has anyone got the NavTool plug and play?
does it work with the in-dash cd-player to show dvds?
or do I need to purchase a dvd player?
I installed it with a little sweat and cussing - works like a champ. You can't use the factory DVD for video though - must use external video source (unless there is a way to swap out the factory unit...).
Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

didn't understand what u said about dvd not playing video?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 AM

Has any company started to build a turbo kit or supercharger for the G7 Maxima yet?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone installed these or another type of LED light in the area next to the fog lights?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-8...item2c56edcda6
Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 PM

this thread...
http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ng-subtle.html
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I found coilovers

http://www.custommaxima.com/product/...t/Default.aspx
Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 AM

FYI....I called the dealership and found out you can reprogram the memory for the power windows buy rolling the window all of the way down and back up and while it's rolled up hold the button in the up position for about 10 seconds. That will reprogram the memory for the auto roll up feature.
perfect info...this happened to me 2 weeks ago when i installed my Injen CAI...i would have been stumped without this post. thanks for the info, very helpful and it worked!

JC
Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jzing
I too feel the power with the Injen CAI. I am noticing the power at 4000 RMP and higher. It also has a much better sound than their 6th Gen design, which sits in the tirewell. I'm very pleased with mine and easy to install.
JC
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am interested in the racingline y pipe that has been mentioned in this thread. Anyone that has it, are there any problems with a CEL coming on or any other mods needed to continue running smooth?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 PM

thanks. great info
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have had the Y pipe installed for the last two weeks (about 700 miles) so far the CEL has not come on. I do not believe that you will have any issues at the CAT that is removed on this Y pipe is not monitored. The only other mods that I have is a K&N Intake but have had no problems. I am looking at adding Borla exhaust later this year.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks slcollins. I am thinking about doing the same.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by GAKSTER
I installed it with a little sweat and cussing - works like a champ. You can't use the factory DVD for video though - must use external video source (unless there is a way to swap out the factory unit...).
I did the mod for the AUX/video input to work while driving and use my iphone with the composite/audio apple cable. Controlling audio and video direct from the phone is much better than from the head unit.

On top of playing movies I can also see the iphone display on the indash monitor by jailbraking the iphone and using a software package called tvout (which was free). The screen resolution when playing movies is OK but the display of the standard IPhone screen is not very good. It gives you a bit of a teaser of what we can expect in a few more years.. Why doesnt someone just make a apple doc port with an in dash touch screen?? I would pay $1500 for that!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:14 PM

Just wanted to warn everyone about Stillen. I ordered a spring kit and they required Fedex to sign for the delivery it IN PERSON. I cannot take a day off work and if i could it would be to sit around the house to wait for Fedex.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by dannyhightower
Just wanted to warn everyone about Stillen. I ordered a spring kit and they required Fedex to sign for the delivery it IN PERSON. I cannot take a day off work and if i could it would be to sit around the house to wait for Fedex.
i ordered all my stillen body kit for my max and all required signature. its for protection so your order wont be lost
Old 09-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm sure you know this and just left it off but there is also k&n cold air intakes, air filters and also wood dash trim kits available. if anyone is interested in putting a k&n intake in their max check out diamondp.com. Lowest prices on the internet.

http://www.diamondp.com/KN_Typhoon_2...69-7002ttk.htm

Last edited by DiamondP 2009 Max; 09-30-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am working on getting some more parts for the 7th gen up on this site so if anyone has any questions or is interested in anything there is a list of our distributors on the right side of diamond p's homepage. If the product you want is made by one of our distributors i will do my best to beat the lowest price on the internet and hook you up!!!

If you have any questions shoot me an email: callen@phillipspatterns.com
Old 10-04-2010, 04:28 PM

does anyone know if there are any AAC lighting parts for the 7th gens? I would like some interior leds for mine.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM

Quick question... I just ordered the Stillen full catback exhaust and I saw that you had it as well. Any issue from the exhaust? Any rust issues?

Thanks, FC
Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 AM

my mods are
stillen Intake (gonna relocate battery to do a cold air)
Racingline y-pipe
Stillen UD Pully
Custom short headers
Custom magnaflow exhaust
Custom (did it myself) CVT Cooler (this is a must my car is a beast)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 AM

IFuXwiTuZ- could you elaborate on how you did your custom cvt oil cooler please.any pics or tips would be appreciated...thanks.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 PM

i ordered a transmission cooler disconnected the radiator (which is used as the stock cvt cooler) and put my own cooler

ill take some pics for you guys when i move my battery to trunk
Old 12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

How did your mods turn out? I am looking at doing the borla but from looking at youtube I am worried about the outcome. Does anyone have any input?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM

got a question. what does the grounding kit do?. i read a couple reviews and most people said ot really doesnt do any thing its just for style and i have a audio system in my car i did hear that it helps with voltage
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM

Anyone Have a opinion on Stillen vs K&N filter? need some opinions my New Max is currently in beginning stages of construction.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM

ordered my K&N intake, racingline grounding kit and strut tower brace.... cant wait to get her tuned.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by djdavebse
got a question. what does the grounding kit do?. i read a couple reviews and most people said ot really doesnt do any thing its just for style and i have a audio system in my car i did hear that it helps with voltage
Grounding kits help older cars more, especially when the connections are corroded. I think the gains we see from the grounding kit aren't worth it considering the cost/labor of putting it in. I don't want to spend money and time to make my windows roll up faster.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by danielevans83
Grounding kits help older cars more, especially when the connections are corroded. I think the gains we see from the grounding kit aren't worth it considering the cost/labor of putting it in. I don't want to spend money and time to make my windows roll up faster.
lol thanks for the info daniel i wasnt going to waste my money on this anyway it only looks nice in the engine bay
Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM

Great info, thanks for the post!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys, I had a 6th Gen with an Injen CAI installed and it worked perfectly and I love it. I wrecked that 6th Gen and now have a 09 S model. I was told that i can run the same CAI in the new car, and the connections fit and plugs line up correctly. Problem I'm running into is getting the CAI installed and lined up so the filter is facing the bottom of the car to catch colder air. Has anyone else had a similar situation or know of a possible solution? I'm still a novice guy with this and trying not to blow my whip up, lol

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Products & Accessories