Got the car back last week from checking my suspension issues.
The dealer said they could not duplicate the knock / pop sound, so they couldn't effect any fix. A bit disappointed, because they spent three days on a previous occasion chasing down a squeak that turned out to be a cross-threaded bolt. They did drive the car for a good distance as told by the service manager and the odometer.
The only reason I can think of why it wasn't found is that the noise seems to be much more noticeable when the weather is hot, and it's cooled off a bit.
Other items it was in for:
- Chattering when the sun roof opens: fixed with some lube.
- Loose / sticking steering wheel "Enter" button: not sticking when checked, so not fixed.
- Rocking seat (again): Dealer couldn't duplicate the rocking, so not addressed.
- Peeling exhaust tip paint: Fixed. Dealer replaced the entire right side rear exhaust section, including muffler. Really surprised at this one.
- Scratching sound when the driver's window is raised: Window regulator replaced, but the sound returned after 3 days.
Overall, not the optimal result. I was on a business trip for the week so my wife picked up the car and I couldn't show the issues to the service guys the issues.