7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Automatic power windows not rolling up but still roll down?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Automatic power windows not rolling up but still roll down?

Okay so here's a weird one. My driver and passenger windows will roll down automatically when you hit the lowest position on the switch, but won't roll up automatically when you hit the highest position on the switch? The manual up and down works fine. What gives?

The only thing that's changed is that I installed a Racingline Grounding Kit. I'm not sure if this happened before or after that since I don't roll my windows down that much since I quit eating out.

Everything else is stock. I debated removing the ground wire from the ECU to see if that helps, but I just don't see how adding a better ground broke something like this.

Any ideas?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM

Another member posted this issue. You have to reprogram it. When you disconnect the battery it loses the feature. Let me see if I can find it.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM

well i installed Racingline Grounding Kit on mine as well and didnt have this problem. i did not disconnect the battery so maybe thats y
Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Here you go:
Originally Posted by 2010Max
FYI....I called the dealership and found out you can reprogram the memory for the power windows buy rolling the window all of the way down and back up and while it's rolled up hold the button in the up position for about 10 seconds. That will reprogram the memory for the auto roll up feature.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Fantastic! Thanks! I figured it had to be something silly like this. I couldn't see where adding a ground would have broken it.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Yup. That did the trick! Good to know seeing as i'm about to pull the battery and switch over to the Optima Gel Cell.

Thanks for the help!
Ed
Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ekrunch
Okay so here's a weird one. My driver and passenger windows will roll down automatically when you hit the lowest position on the switch, but won't roll up automatically when you hit the highest position on the switch? The manual up and down works fine. What gives?

The only thing that's changed is that I installed a Racingline Grounding Kit. I'm not sure if this happened before or after that since I don't roll my windows down that much since I quit eating out.

Everything else is stock. I debated removing the ground wire from the ECU to see if that helps, but I just don't see how adding a better ground broke something like this.

Any ideas?

Follow the reprogramming procedure on page 2-44 in your Owner's Manual.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 2010Max
FYI....I called the dealership and found out you can reprogram the memory for the power windows buy rolling the window all of the way down and back up and while it's rolled up hold the button in the up position for about 10 seconds. That will reprogram the memory for the auto roll up feature.
------------------------
I did the above and it fixed the problem with my two front windows rolling down automatically whenever the car was turned off and the doors were opened. Quick note...I had to follow the above steps for EACH window (applying the above fix simultaneously did not work for me).

THANK YOU FOR SHARING 2010Max! I owe you a lunch!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM

*******PLEASE HELP**********************************

Help I have a similar problem. Yellow key light on. Cant turn on the accessory. Cant roll up windows (hard key doesn't work). I live in Alaska. 100 MILES FROM THE DEALER.

I've changed the car battery, the primary fob battery, and have tried the back up fob.

My brake lights do work.

I've noticed that the steering wheel lock is not engaging though.

All the while, though, the yellow light stays on while I'm seated in the car with either or both keys.

Yes I've tried to sit key in key boot. without any changes. Not even sure why they put that in the car.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by hamzer11
Here you go:
This did the trick!!! Rolled the window up manually, kept the switch held in the up position for a count of 15 seconds, and now the auto-up is working again. Man you guys are the best!!!
Old 07-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks, This worked perfectly!!
Old 07-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by hamzer11
Here you go:
Thanks, Worked great!!
Old 09-02-2022, 11:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bumping this thread because it works for those of us who actually unhook the battery when working on our vehicles.