7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

How to remove front bumper?

Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 PM

How to remove front bumper?

So some of you know I cracked my front bumper back in Feb.
I found a replacement on off a car that was rear ended and I figure I'm going to tackle this project.

On top of replacing the bumper, I have to transfer over my fogs. I will be changing out my 3000k hids in my fogs to 6000k and while I'm at it mounting the ballast properly. Along with that I will also be swapping out my 8000k bulbs that I have in m headlights over to 6000k.

Now when I first popped in my hids and did the bulb swap I broke a few tabs off the ottom engine shield and the inner fender walls so I minus well swap all that out while I'm at it right?

Every thing should be straight forward, the only thing I have doubts on is the actuall bumper. Any owner ever pooped it off and on?

I did a mild search but didn't get anywhere on this iPad.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 AM

My search continues...
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hit up ghozt. I know I saw a write up he had a while back, and I mean way back. He has a couple D.I.Y. write up, with the bumper topic being one.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM

OP, what's the purpose of putting both 6k on the headlights and foglights? hell even 8k is useless really...

All your doing is blinding everyone on the road which in turn creates risks. In case you didn't know the higher the number yes the brighter they are BUT doesn't mean your going to see further cause your NOT.

Onto the real subject.. yes if your replacing the bumper might as well replace/fix/clean up whatever you need to while its off.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:04 AM

I Believe there is a write up..but if you could quickly understand what I am about to type, then go for it..if not private message me your number and I'll walk you through it.

****Lay a Commercial Blanket or Cardboard Boxes under the Bumper. Have a Flat Head and Philips Screwdriver on Hand. Maybe a few beers.

1) Pop Open Hood - Remove the Black Circles (Fastener Clips) with a Flathead Screwdriver or Dull Knife - I believe there are 4-6 of them all in the front area.

2) Turn Wheel All the way to the left and take out the Black Clip and Unscrew the screw holding the Side together.

3) Turn Wheel all the way to the right and take out the Black Clip and Unscrew the screw holding the Side together.

***After this, you WILL BE ABLE TO and CAN DROP the Bumper. You will now slowly unhook both sides gently. Do not just rip it off, gently unhinge the bumper. You could either get help or just do one side at a time. Do not go too forward because your fog wires are short and you could rip the wires out. DONE - The bumper is dropped.

***NOW - If you want the bumper completely taken off..do the following next steps:

4) Do Not Unhinge the bumper off yet from either side, but get down tothe bottom and unscrew the 3 Bolts or Screws (Some Maximas have either or) on each Side. The Right and Left.

5) Remove the Black Clips in the FRONT ONLY and make sure you keep them organized and in a small bucket so you have all your PARTs for later on.

6) Now You, Unhinge the Bumper..either in sync or one side at a time..SLOWLY bring it to the bottom. You will disconnect the Fogs, HIDs, Turn Signal, Parking Signal on each side. DONE - Bumper is completely off.

*********THE CLEAN UP - Just repeat steps in the opposite order. Be gentle with the bolts or scews underneath the car..the fastener locks that hold them sometimes get ripped and unthreaded..which sucks. They are cheaply made. So I suggest before you have the bumper off go to Autozone or Pepboys and buy the metal fastener hooks and swap them out. They do justice.

I Think My write up is pretty simple..but only maybe because I have dropped the bumper and taken it off multiple times (Atleast 10x). I have no pictures..Maybe next time. Just read the directions carefully and look at the car you'll see everything I am talking about. Like I said..if you need help..just private message me and I'll walk you through it like Tech Support from India.

Goodluck!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the write-up, much appreciated.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM

I know about the HIDs and even my current 8ks don't blind people but thanks for the input. FYI, the reason HIDs blind people is when they are out in a halogen headlight instead of a projector headlight. If my fogs where higher up they would blind people, but so far no ones has ever complained.

MaxapGuido, thanks for the right up.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jam_Roc
Thanks for the write-up, much appreciated.
Of course..let me know if you need anymore help!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM
TBA

I removed my bumper when I installed a clear bra. I didn't have any instructions, but it was pretty straight forward when you look at the design of how things are attached. You basically just need to remove the pins that hold on the bumper. Don't force anything - if it's not coming off you missed a pin.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM

theres a bumper fascia removal write-up already on here...it's stickied at the top of all the posts
Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
theres a bumper fascia removal write-up already on here...it's stickied at the top of all the posts
+1..Like I said, it's definitely on here!