7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Spoiler light not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Spoiler light not working

I just noticed some of the small lightbulbs on my spoiler dont turn on when i brake. Can that be fixed without replacing the whole spoiler? Also i noticed my third brake light on the rear window still turns on even tho i have a brake light on my spoiler how can i disconnect it so that only my spoiler brake lights turn on when im braking?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anybody out there that can help me? Im trying to fix this today
Old 12-14-2016, 08:37 AM

The rear window high mount brake light can be pulled up from the package tray and you can just disconnect the wiring harness to the light. On the spoiler lights, that is an assembly meaning that you cannot buy individual bulbs (LEDs) from Nissan. You can purchase a new assembly for around $100. Or you can take it out, figure out how to open it up, go to Radio Shack and buy new LEDs, desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones, then figure out how to seal it all back up and put it back on the car. I would probably just go with the new light assembly.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by wildcat08
The rear window high mount brake light can be pulled up from the package tray and you can just disconnect the wiring harness to the light. On the spoiler lights, that is an assembly meaning that you cannot buy individual bulbs (LEDs) from Nissan. You can purchase a new assembly for around $100. Or you can take it out, figure out how to open it up, go to Radio Shack and buy new LEDs, desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones, then figure out how to seal it all back up and put it back on the car. I would probably just go with the new light assembly.
Ok thank you for your reply do you know that part number by any chance? Or tell me where i can buy it?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:16 AM

For a 2011, part number is 26590-4Z000. I believe it is the same part for all years and all trims of the 7th gens. I like to use Courtesy Parts or everythingnissan. I also saw it on Amazon. I think you will probably have to at least partially remove and reinstall the inside trim of the trunk lid in order to get to the wiring connector. It's held on with those black fasteners that you lift the center of to remove.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by wildcat08
For a 2011, part number is 26590-4Z000. I believe it is the same part for all years and all trims of the 7th gens. I like to use Courtesy Parts or everythingnissan. I also saw it on Amazon. I think you will probably have to at least partially remove and reinstall the inside trim of the trunk lid in order to get to the wiring connector. It's held on with those black fasteners that you lift the center of to remove.
Thanks for your help